[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[Hotdogb][Official]

Search This thread

OmkarTheAndroid

May 6, 2013
Magiskv22 Confusion
Magisk v22 onwards combines magisk manager and magisk into a single apk. Starting with a clean install of aosip I copy Magisk-v22.1.apk over to the phone's internal storage and then install it in the normal manner. I then launch magisk and immediately go to "Select and Patch a File" and create the magisk_patched.img. Then...
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
After that completes I go back to Magisk and select "Direct Install (Recommended)". After that settles down I check Safety Net, it flunks. Enable MagiskHide and Systemless Hosts, flunks. Install MagiskHide Props Config, flunks. I didn't have this problem pre v22. Any suggestions?
magisk had its api keys revoked, its fixed in canary
or you can use another safetynet test app

Reactions: phryder

cher81

May 31, 2008
OnePlus 7T
I've finally de-googled my phone and installed the latest available version AOSiP-10-Official-hotdogb-20210316-img.zip. Everything works great besides only one thing. Whenever I start copying data back to the phone I gets Qualcomm CrashDump. It doesn't happen right away only after a few minutes or at least 1Gb of files transfer. BTW I've tried upgrading from OOS 11 first and it was crashing even faster, then I've almost bricked it and I had to perform a factory recovery using version 10.0.17 and flushing it over worked a lot better. I love it. Great job.

One more thing. Fingerprint reader is a lot slower than it was in OOS.

Last edited:

Thireus

Jul 7, 2011

Kernel Source
(A massive thanks to @0ctobot and @RenderBroken for the help with the kernel)
I'm having lot of issues compiling the Kernel. Could you explain the basic steps and your setup environment to compile it without error?

The latest 7T build comes with Kernel 4.14.203-NeutrinoKernel-jedha-g33e205ed2b6d. I would like to recompile it.

Thank you.

Edit:

Nevermind, I figured out the Kernel source is in fact located here: https://github.com/0ctobot/neutrino_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

The config to select is: vendor/neutrino_defconfig for the OnePlus 7T

Last edited:

cher81

May 31, 2008
OnePlus 7T
I get crash dump even connecting DJI drone via USB. Any solution to this issue? I don't want to reinstall anything. There are way too many things have been done to make it work properly without Google (using microG) as well as some other fine tunes.
BTW the fingerprint reader doesn't work great either, it doesn't recognize it way too often and i have to use the code.
Other ways of unlocking it would be really great, like camera or Bluetooth devices smart lock. I've had it associated with the car and it helps unlocking it while driving.

Droid_Nut

I get crash dump even connecting DJI drone via USB. Any solution to this issue? I don't want to reinstall anything. There are way too many things have been done to make it work properly without Google (using microG) as well as some other fine tunes.
BTW the fingerprint reader doesn't work great either, it doesn't recognize it way too often and i have to use the code.
Other ways of unlocking it would be really great, like camera or Bluetooth devices smart lock. I've had it associated with the car and it helps unlocking it while driving.

I had the crash dump from taking a PIC, and other things. Install Edxposed and gravitybox, and you can have your phone unlocked by selected WiFi.

Reactions: cher81

FruitSidewalk59

Jan 22, 2017
boston
wow, twrp (twrp-3.5.1_10-hotdog, yes its unified and works on hotdogb) is able to decrypt data on this ROM. i used pattern for security and was able to mount /data successfully.
Mount /system in twrp to install/update minmicrog

to fix fingerprint- change panel mode to sRGB and reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid_Nut

loldenied

Jan 20, 2013
Hello could someone kindly share his /system/build.prop file with me?
I have deleted mine and now my phone won't boot.

You would do me a great favor!! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

cher81

May 31, 2008
OnePlus 7T
I think you have to go back to early version 10.x
I would go for lineage 18.1 if you already have OOS11.
I've upgraded my phone from AOSIP to LineageOS 18.1. It is now official, just follow the steps. With AOSIP I've had a problem connecting the phone with USB to the PC or the drone. It was getting Qualcomm crash dump after a few minutes/seconds.

Fap4k

Jul 5, 2013
Mumbai
I think you have to go back to early version 10.x
I would go for lineage 18.1 if you already have OOS11.
I've upgraded my phone from AOSIP to LineageOS 18.1. It is now official, just follow the steps. With AOSIP I've had a problem connecting the phone with USB to the PC or the drone. It was getting Qualcomm crash dump after a few minutes/seconds.
Is LineageOS stable enough for daily driver?
I had some issues with PE 11 rom like calling issues, Lockscreen freezing issues, FOD issue etc

cher81

May 31, 2008
OnePlus 7T
Lineage 18.1 is super stable. Never crashed. I've been running it for a week.
There were a few difficulties with MicroG but I've been able to bypass things with Magisk.
It has more often OTA updates and a lot better fingerprint reader as well.

Fap4k

Jul 5, 2013
Mumbai
Lineage 18.1 is super stable. Never crashed. I've been running it for a week.
There were a few difficulties with MicroG but I've been able to bypass things with Magisk.
It has more often OTA updates and a lot better fingerprint reader as well.
Ok thanks for the help.. just one more thing as it doesn't come with Gapps so which gapps should I flash. I will not root my device.

D

Deleted member 9596817

Ok thanks for the help.. just one more thing as it doesn't come with Gapps so which gapps should I flash. I will not root my device.
Hi
Mindthegapps is advised on their installation guide. I'm using it without gapps or MicroG without problems. Nikgapps are also available for A11, but they advise not to use a too large package to avoid instability. You can always install other apps later as user.

Tappad

Nov 18, 2015
Might be a my fault one-off. On the OnePlus 7t T-Mobile version I couldn't get 4G / Network access working with LOS 18.1. Will need to try again in a few days.

I have the same problem. Just updated to the latest update, and now I can't get any cellphone reception.
I tried to reset network, but can't reset cellphone settings since it can't fint my sim card. It just keep toggling on/off upp in the right corner :(

Ideas?

Tappad

Nov 18, 2015
I think this might have something to do with is, but I'm not sure what it means.
But it seems that magisk is hiding GMS?

Initializing Magisk environment
05-10 21:45:26.652 709 711 I : * Running post-fs-data.d scripts
05-10 21:45:26.659 709 711 I : * Enable MagiskHide
05-10 21:45:26.679 709 711 I : hide_list add: [com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.unstable]
05-10 21:45:26.686 709 711 I : hide: Hiding sensitive props
05-10 21:45:26.733 709 711 I : Upgrade / New module: busybox-ndk
05-10 21:45:26.786 709 711 I : * Running module post-fs-data scripts
05-10 21:45:26.786 709 711 I : * Loading modules
06-22 16:48:36.252 709 1146 I : ** late_start service mode running
06-22 16:48:36.253 709 1146 I : * Running service.d scripts
06-22 16:48:36.253 709 1146 I : * Running module service scripts
06-22 16:48:46.551 709 3172 I : ** boot_complete triggered
06-22 16:48:46.551 709 3172 I : hide: Hiding sensitive props (late)
06-22 16:49:13.547 709 716 I : proc_monitor: [com.google.android.gms.unstable] PID=[8716] UID=[10191]

---Manager Logs---
23.0 (23000)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Source code:

AOSiP Gerrit Review
    AOSiP Github
    Kernel Source
    (A massive thanks to @0ctobot and @RenderBroken for the help with the kernel)

Latest Downloads:

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror
    NOTE:

- Download the Fastboot images zip of the variant you want

- There are two variants, "Official" does not contain Gapps while "Gapps" does.

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
    anirudhgupta109
    Source Code: [url]https://www.github.com/AOSiP[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.2 or above
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-14
    Last Updated 2020-05-06
    Reserved

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE LATEST OOS FROM HERE

DO NOT EVER WIPE SYSTEM OR VENDOR ON THE OP7T!!!!!

Considering how the 7T doesn't have TWRP and has dynamic partitions, I'll try to explain everything in detail:

1. If you're coming from another ROM (including OOS) or need to perform a clean flash:
    • Boot into the bootloader (if you don't know how to do this, you should probably not flash)
    • Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, wipe device using
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Connect your phone to your PC and in an ADB/Fastboot shell, type
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      NOTE: If command prompt/line complains about fastboot not being a valid target you need to update fastboot from HERE
    • Your phone should now be in fastbootd (the UI is exactly like recovery mode so don't get confused)
      Read about fastbootd HERE
    • Type the following to make sure your phone is in fastbootd while also making sure your phone is in the recovery-like UI
      Code:
      fastboot getvar is-userspace
    • If the above does returns the value true you can now flash the ROMs, if it doesn't try figuring out what went wrong (I don't want to hear about the failed attempts, please don't spam the thread with them)
    • Type this command to flash the ROM:
      Code:
      fastboot update <ROM.zip>
      NOTE: IF COMMAND LINE IS SAYING:
      Code:
      archive does not contain 'xyz.sig'
      This is normal, ignore it.
    • After the above is done, your device will automatically reboot to AOSiP, have fun!
      OPTIONAL:
    • If you want magisk, patch the boot image from the AOSiP site which ends in the name -boot.img, in Magisk manager
    • Boot to bootloader
    • Boot into that image (DO NOT FLASH!!!)
      Code:
      fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
    • Install Magisk manager and from it select Install > Direct install
    • Reboot and enjoy AOSiP with Magisk!
    • Enjoy
      OPTIONAL:
      If you'd like to convert to F2FS:
    • Open settings>system>reset options and select Erase all data (factory reset)
    • This'll wipe all data and convert your device to f2fs automatically!

2. If you're updating the ROM:
    a. Via the inbuilt Updater
    • When you get a notification of new build available, tap it
    • Tap Download
    • Wait for Download
    • Tap install
    • Wait for install
    • If you use Magisk, open Magisk Manager, select install, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)
    • Tap reboot
    • Enjoy!!
    b. Manually via bootloader
    • Disable all substratum overlays if you have a theme applied
    • Boot into fastbootd
      If you're booted into the system
      Code:
      adb reboot fastboot
      If you're booted into bootloader
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Flash the ROM using
      Code:
      fastboot update <ROM.zip>
      NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE DATA WHEN UPDATING
    • Reboot to system and enjoy
    NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash (Method 1).

KNOWN ISSUES:
    Auto brightness is wonky in dark enviroments Fixed in 20200625
    Reserved

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your OOS base versions in reports. (Eg: 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.6 etc.)
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
    Q: Fastboot isn't allowing me to flash system image, what am I doing wrong?
    A: You haven't booted to fastbootd (the UI looks like recovery and fastboot devices command shows the device in fastboot mode)

Q: What GApps do I flash?
    A: You cannot flash Gapps on the device, use the Gapps variant build instead if you need Gapps.

Q: When booting to the Magisk patched image, it leads to crashdump mode.
    A: You didn't select the first two options in Magisk Manager before patching the boot image under Advanced settings (i.e. Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity).

Q: Do I have to wipe data if coming from another ROM?
    A: Yes, I will not be providing help/support to users that haven't wiped data when coming from another ROM.

Q: How often will I be getting updates?
    A: The plan is for weeklies, if unavoidable circumstances come up, please don't spam the thread. I will release a build as soon as one is ready.

Q: Does VoLTE/VoWiFi work?
    A: VoLTE works, I have tested on Airtel in India and a couple of my US based testers have too.
    VoWiFi (WiFi Calling) works based on my testers in the US and for me on Airtel (India), let me know about other carriers.

Q: Does Android Auto work?
    A: I don't have accessibility to an Android Auto vehicle nor the hardware but my testers have confirmed that it works! Let me know if it does for you too so that others have concrete proof about it.

Q: I ended up on CrashDump mode, how do I get back to my system?
    A: Theres a valuable thread HERE which can help restoring your system, you WILL LOSE ALL DATA and I will not be blamed under any circumstances.

Q: Is the ROM official?
    A: The ROM is Official.

Q: I use Telegram, where can I find help on that platform?
    A: There is a common AOSiP Group Chat for all devices, the link is HERE

Q: Does SafteyNet pass and is the SELinux Enforcing?
    A: Yes, SafteyNet does pass out-of-the-box and SELinux is Enforcing.

Q: What OOS Base firmware do I use?
    A: OOS 10.0.6 is the recommended base firmware right now.

Q: I'm having high idle drain, please fix.
    A: I'll need more data from you to figure it out, Install BetterBatteryStats and let me know about what it tells you after 3-4 charge cycles. Please do not report issues when having apps like Greenify, Naptime, Wakelock blocker etc.

Q: My phone is stuck on the "Bootloader is unlocked" warning page, why isn't my system booting?
    A: Since there are a bunch of scripts being executed when the device is sent a power on signal, it might take some time to boot. Don't panic, your system will boot fine after some time. All builds are personally tested by me and a few testers.
    New Alpha build dated 20200117 is out!

The link to ROM is in the OP.

The procedure to update from existing AOSiP to the new one is in the 1st page, give it a read!

There were a ton of crucial updates to the ROM including fingerprint and vibration.
    Shifted back to only FP area brightness boost and improved accuracy for it. If you had issues in the past with FP on older builds or other ROMs, give this a go since it definitely should be an improvement and let me know.
    Brightness flicker shouldn't be present at all when using FP but the colour shift is normal when placing finger on sensor which can't be overcome.
    Vibration has been improved and responds exactly like stock OOS, a massive thanks to @rituj_b

As usual let me know about any issues with the ROM.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Switch fingerprint brightness only to fingerprint area
    Remove brightness flicker (colour shift is normal and can't be avoided due to power consumption causing a shift in gamma)
    Upstream kernel to 4.14.165
    Updated Wireguard module to January 5th
    Merge in latest OnePlus changes to kernel
    Disable Dolby Atmos support
    Fixed some sepolicy
    Kill sysinit
    sm8150-common: Use custom vibration configs
    Launcher3: add dark primary support
    Add more default permissions from Google
    Track vendor/overlays
    Clean up class preloading
    Utils: Update notch check logic
    AlarmManagerService: Add null check to QCNsrmAlarmExtension call
    Fix cannot see "see more" button in UI
    Settings: Bump privacy category's initial expanded children count to 10
    Don't change nouns in summaries to lower case for German
    fingerprint: Allow devices to configure sensor location
    DevelopmentSettings: Hide OEM unlock by default
    Fix SystemUI glitches from ambient display
    NtpTrustedTime: Refresh NTP server from resources before requesting time
    SystemUI: Use matching data usage size formatting between QS and Settings
    Update NotificationRecord of snooze even after it is cancelled
    Limit the retry attemps on restarting Bluetooth
    Services exit fg when bg-restricted app leaves top
    Telephony: Direct return false for unsupport sms platform.
    fingerprint: handle PerformanceStats NULL pointers
    sensors: Create bool to select what timestamp to use
    PowerProfile: allow overriding default power profile
    Merge changes for launching wifidisplay from system settings
    Check GL extension is supported before using it in glwallpaper
    Reduce unnecessary NotificationListener binder transaction.
    Don't clear the output array if it failed to open the proc status file
    Fix memory leak in aapt2
    aapt2: disable leak detection
    Fix FD leak in ConnectivityManager.getConnectionOwnerUid
    Apply JNI optimizations to HwParcel
    AudioService: Remove Analog Dock from fixed-volume devices
    Correction in logic of roundend size calculation of SD card
    Fix bug Device that can't support adoptable storage cannot read the sdcard.
    AppOpsService: Watch op mode changes when an AppOp restriction dies
    audio: Don't play sound effects if stream is muted
    Color/tint the wifi/mobile status bar icons correctly
    Remove a user/userdebug difference.
    core/Build: ro.system when comparing fingerprint
    overlay: Introduce AOSiP Primary
    Settings: fix hardcoded black text in storage summary
    OwlsNest: integrate ThemePicker
    vendor: Add a bunch of accents for ThemePicker
    Correct fingerprint position during setup
    CameraService: Support hooks for motorized camera
    Fix Issue Where SignalStrengthGsm is null
    toasts: Increase elevation to 4
    toasts: Follows theme corner radius
    core: Materialize Toast notifications
    Gesture nav Assistant handles: don't show them in lockscreen
    PowerMenu: Tint lockdown with the system accent
    PowerMenu: Fix Advanced button position on low DPI
    PowerMenu: Only tint items once
    Dark theme: Clean up
    Address a memory leak
    Suggestion cards: Align them to searchbar
    In sim1 APN settings interface and hot plug out/in sim2, APN information change to sim2's
    fingerprint: Remove unnecessary spacing in enroll layout
    Remove empty space in tether preference
    SearchBar: Add avatar to search bar
    vendor: Conditionally include our Prebuilts repo
    ueventd: make parallel restorecon functionality optional
    adb: host: Provide better sideload status
    NFCService: Add sysprop to prevent FW download during boot  with NFC off.
    No Calendarwidget 4x4 widget displayed
    Use common style for recents task menu divider
    Use Google's strings for Google now panel
    Let's make the search bar on all apps round
    Launcher3: Add updated Google Feed lib from Pixel 3 launcher
    Launcher3: Allow swipe for google now to be optional
    Launcher3: Animate workspace when animating the Google now page
    Launcher3: Make sure service is connected before trying to unbind
    Launcher3: Support google now tab
    Launcher3: Import reversed google now lib
    Launcher3: Can't search out local app by Chinese
    Use new widget style for Google searchbar
    Launcher: disable uneeded dev settings
    Add back button to Settings
    Stability NullPointer issue
    Elevate to 'core/platform' app'
    Launcher3: correctly apply grid changes from grid control provider
    Launcher3: fix preview rendering after adding qsb switch
    Launcher3: add switch to hide search widget
    prebuilt: backuptool: Implement dynamic system mount for A-only
    Revert "recovery: Blank screen during shutdown and reboot"
    Support PRESIGNED in soong_app_prebuilt.mk
    releasetools: Move system mount handling to backuptool
    releasetools: squash backuptool support
    Improve scrolling cache
    base: set scrolling to 0.006f
    Gboard: Set pixel theme as default
    Allow tuning of heaptargetutilization
    Trigger GC when 90% heap is utilized
    Add dalvik-heap device configs for 8/12/16 GiB devices
    Add dalvik-heap device-configs for 4/6GB devices
    Don't print critical path parallelism ratio if elapsed time is 0.
    Take into account RAM usage for multiproduct_kati
    Revert "soong: Default kati jobs to NumCPU()"
    Add TotalRAM detection
    Fix crash in call stats.
    Dialer: AudioModeProvider: use wired route for usb headsets
    Control dialer's incoming call proximity sensor check via an overlay
    Dialer: disable anti-falsing for call answer screen
    Dialer: adaptive icon
    Dialer: define app category
    Re-add call statistics.
    Allow per-call account selection.
    Add setting to enable Do Not Disturb during calls
    Allow using private framework API.
    Revert "Remove dialer sounds and vibrations settings fragments and redirect to the system sound settings fragment instead."
    libhardware: Add new display types.
    aosip: sounds: Fix default sounds
    aosip: Switch to Pixel sounds
    Statusbar clock date: behave like on stock when showing QS panel
    Add VOLTE icon toggle
    SystemUI: Show 4G instead of LTE switch
    Fix VOLTE icon color on Light statusbar
    VoLTE: Add New Minimal Icon
    base: Fix padding for VoLTE icon
    SystemUI: Enhancement for volte icon
    SystemUI: Query IMS state after CapabilityCallback is regisered
    SystemUI: Fix HD icon missing
    Adapt to IMS registration changes.
    SystemUI: Refactor the feature of volte icon
    SystemUI: Fix volte icon doesn't update in real time
    SystemUI: Add new configuration for displaying Volte icon
    soong_config: Add BOOTLOADER_MESSAGE_OFFSET
    manifest: update to android-10.0.0_r23
    vendor: elgoog: fix new permissions for Q
    releasetools: ota_from_target_files: add FullOTA_PostValidate
    build: ota: Support for install tools in /tmp/install
    Thanks for your feedback and support ;);)!