[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[perseus][Official]

Search This thread

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
logo.png

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

Last edited:

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

CLEAN (This is also solve Mi Logo Bootloops)
1) In TWRP, Format Data
2) Reboot TWRP
3) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
4) Flash Xiaomi EU (Stable v11.0.2.0 or Weekly v20.5.7)
5) Format Data
6) Reboot TWRP
7) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
6) Flash AOSiP
7) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
7b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
8) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

DIRTY (At your own risk)
1) In TWRP, flash AOSiP
2) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
2b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
3) Wipe Dalvik & Cache only
4) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

KNOWN ISSUES:
NONE! All sensors, slider function, and AI button are all working!

If you find an issue, please let me know. Either via Telegram or here.

Last edited:
Reactions: punkthemonk

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your firmware versions in reports.
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Last edited:

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

COMMUNITY?
We have a community of over 600 helpful Mix 3 users around the world.
Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/MiMix3Global

FIRMWARE?
AOSiP will not flash unless you are on any Android 10 based firmware.

xiaomi.eu ROM includes firmware, so this is not needed if you flashed that during a clean install (unless you want to try a different firmware version).

If you like to be on the latest firmware or try different versions, you can grab it here.
Personally, I like the latest available global variant (stable or beta).

You can flash firmware at any time, without affecting your current installation.

WHICH GCAM WORKS BEST?
Urnyx05 v1.7

WHICH TWRP SHOULD I USE?
Mauronofrio v3.3.1-17

CLEAN OR DIRTY?
If you're coming from unofficials, you'll need to clean flash since these builds are SIGNED.
Once you're in, you can just take OTAs, no more need to clean flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: punkthemonk

romano64

Sep 7, 2010
Hello, thanks for this Rom ! I have issues with Android Auto and screen laggy and flickering when my phone is connected to my car. Also some elements of the UI are missing like navigation bar on the screen of the car. No problem with ArrowOS which is CAF based Rom. Is there any solution ? I desactivate material superposition on develloper settings and it's not changing.
Thanks in avance :)

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
Hello, thanks for this Rom ! I have issues with Android Auto and screen laggy and flickering when my phone is connected to my car. Also some elements of the UI are missing like navigation bar on the screen of the car. No problem with ArrowOS which is CAF based Rom. Is there any solution ? I desactivate material superposition on develloper settings and it's not changing.
Thanks in avance :)
]

Thanks for reporting, I will look into this issue.

bearminator91

May 9, 2020
Hi everyone! been quietly following the community for quite some times already and I figured I could register and give you some insights on this rom.

I've wiped everything, installed the latest firmware, rom, gapp and magisks.
Everything went smoothly, except magisk giving me some headache about the ctsprofile... a ****ing nightmare... I've had custom rom for the last 10 years or so, I know my way around and always find the tricks to make things works... but this time I almost gave up.

I ended up on youtube and found this gem.
S-TaGmNfKMg

Use termux and manually assign the fingerprint for the mix 3 and there you go.

So far everything is working fine, Bluetooth, gps, selfie slider, dt2w, nfc.

Now I'm monitoring for a battery drain. if the battery could last a typical day, that'l be great.

And thank a lot for everyone involved!

I'll keep you posted :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamsy

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Hi everyone! been quietly following the community for quite some times already and I figured I could register and give you some insights on this rom.

Everything went smoothly, except magisk giving me some headache about the ctsprofile... a ****ing nightmare... I've had custom rom for the last 10 years or so, I know my way around and always find the tricks to make things works... but this time I almost gave up.

S-TaGmNfKMg

Now I'm monitoring for a battery drain. if the battery could last a typical day, that'l be great.

Just tested this on 1 MiMix 3 with AOISP [Unofficial] and on another MiMix 3 with ArrowOS 10.0 and it works on both devices like a charm.

Finally: ctsProfile true

Thank you for the hint including the little gem :good:

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC

S-TaGmNfKMg

Awesome, so glad everything is working for you.

Yes that is the magisk props module. I recommend anyone who is having SN issues to use this (You can technically set to any device and it will work).

I am actually using the same fingerprint that it sets for persues. The reason you pass with the module, is that It also modifies your security patch date - another validation requirement for cts is that your fingerprint date and your security patch date must be within the same month. However, since this is an official build, we do not want to change the security patch date in the build.

Anyway...... I am coming up with a way to satisfy both requirements and will hopefully be implemented into the next build.
Until then please use the module + 'props' command via any terminal to set any fp if you need SN.

Reactions: Tamsy

chromanju

Dec 28, 2019
ctsProfile false

Awesome, so glad everything is working for you.

Yes that is the magisk props module. I recommend anyone who is having SN issues to use this (You can technically set to any device and it will work).

I am actually using the same fingerprint that it sets for persues. The reason you pass with the module, is that It also modifies your security patch date - another validation requirement for cts is that your fingerprint date and your security patch date must be within the same month. However, since this is an official build, we do not want to change the security patch date in the build.

Anyway...... I am coming up with a way to satisfy both requirements and will hopefully be implemented into the next build.
Until then please use the module + 'props' command via any terminal to set any fp if you need SN.

Unfortunately, it didn't work here. Tested it, using the latest AOSiP Version (5/6/2020), Magisk/Props/BusyBox/Termux >> picked Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (Android 10) fingerprint >> reboot:

ctsProfile false

What did I miss/do wrong? Do I have to pick a fingerprint which is different from the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 one?

Last edited:

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Unfortunately, it didn't work here. Tested it, using the latest AOSiP Version (5/6/2020), Magisk/Props/BusyBox/Termux >> picked Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (Android 10) fingerprint >> reboot:

ctsProfile false

What did I miss/do wrong? Do I have to pick a fingerprint which is different from the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 one?

I have done this with 3 different MiMix3 now always following *exactly* the video and all the devices are showing "ctsProfile true" after the procedure. The instructions is showing 6 - Google and at the step thereafter 23 - Google Pixel 4 XL (10) so I picked the same.

Worth noting that with one of the devices I had to repeat the process because after rebooting the first time it somehow failed and Magisk was still showing "ctsProfile false".

patp

Oct 27, 2006
Great ROM, thanks so much. Everything seems solid, there is just one thing that spoils it for me - is it possible to add a toggle for the charging light? Keeps me awake at night.

chromanju

Dec 28, 2019
I have done this with 3 different MiMix3 now always following *exactly* the video and all the devices are showing "ctsProfile true" after the procedure. The instructions is showing 6 - Google and at the step thereafter 23 - Google Pixel 4 XL (10) so I picked the same.

Worth noting that with one of the devices I had to repeat the process because after rebooting the first time it somehow failed and Magisk was still showing "ctsProfile false".

Thanks for your advice but it's still not working. I assigned the Google Pixel 4 XL - fingerprint as described (also re-checking the instructions from within the youtube gem), rebooted, ctsProfile: false > did the same again, still no success. Any (other) ideas?
Appreciate your help!

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Thanks for your advice but it's still not working. I assigned the Google Pixel 4 XL - fingerprint as described (also re-checking the instructions from within the youtube gem), rebooted, ctsProfile: false > did the same again, still no success. Any (other) ideas?
Appreciate your help!

Have you checked with Magisk --> Settings --> Magisk Hide (<-- this should be set to "ON")?
Also below Settings --> Magisk Hide I set Magisk to hide itself from "Google Play Services".

It is worth a try.

patp

Oct 27, 2006
Found a bug... Gboard needs camera permission to create minis (personalised stickers like mimoji) but doesn't request it and can't be given it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

CLEAN (This is also solve Mi Logo Bootloops)
    1) In TWRP, Format Data
    2) Reboot TWRP
    3) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
    4) Flash Xiaomi EU (Stable v11.0.2.0 or Weekly v20.5.7)
    5) Format Data
    6) Reboot TWRP
    7) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
    6) Flash AOSiP
    7) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
    7b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
    8) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

DIRTY (At your own risk)
    1) In TWRP, flash AOSiP
    2) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
    2b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
    3) Wipe Dalvik & Cache only
    4) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    NONE! All sensors, slider function, and AI button are all working!

If you find an issue, please let me know. Either via Telegram or here.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

COMMUNITY?
    We have a community of over 600 helpful Mix 3 users around the world.
    Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/MiMix3Global

FIRMWARE?
    AOSiP will not flash unless you are on any Android 10 based firmware.

xiaomi.eu ROM includes firmware, so this is not needed if you flashed that during a clean install (unless you want to try a different firmware version).

If you like to be on the latest firmware or try different versions, you can grab it here.
    Personally, I like the latest available global variant (stable or beta).

You can flash firmware at any time, without affecting your current installation.

WHICH GCAM WORKS BEST?
    Urnyx05 v1.7

WHICH TWRP SHOULD I USE?
    Mauronofrio v3.3.1-17

CLEAN OR DIRTY?
    If you're coming from unofficials, you'll need to clean flash since these builds are SIGNED.
    Once you're in, you can just take OTAs, no more need to clean flash.
    Hey guys, happy to announce AOSiP 10 Stable officials!

Please see the announcement on the Twitter post for changes and info about this release.

S-TaGmNfKMg