• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10]Android Open Source Illusion Project[perseus][Official]

Search This thread

cangurob

Jul 13, 2016
Anybody else just have Google pay stop working out of nowhere?

I'm running magisk hide with props config module.

Jaitsu

Reactions: cangurob

Zyn0

Jan 29, 2016
With regards to the led charging light, is there any way to just completely disable it? I don't really need it cuz my wireless charger lights up when its charging. So is there any way I can turn it off? I might have missed something...

patp

Oct 27, 2006
With regards to the led charging light, is there any way to just completely disable it? I don't really need it cuz my wireless charger lights up when its charging. So is there any way I can turn it off? I might have missed something...

The only way I found was using Do Not Disturb. And then I switched to crDroid which does have the option to turn it off, but not to adjust the brightness.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, @patp @cangurob and anyone else that starts to notice this, but Google has introduced a change to SafetyNet that affects how the ctsProfile check is done (hardware attestation) that means the days of passing SafetyNet on a custom ROM are gone for the foreseeable future, and not just on the Mix 3, that's ALL phones that support it, which is likely most phones in use today. Things are probably about to suck big time for a while.

Yep, sucks if you need root AND banking apps. But in my view, using banking apps on a rooted phone is asking for trouble - if you suffer losses and they find out, they have a cast iron reason not to pay out.

rey_lagarto

Jul 30, 2010
Tarragona
Hi, I've only had this ROM for a day now, and I'm already in love. But I have a question. Is it possible to have the call recording without third party apps?.

Chikerlein

Dec 1, 2017
Insome Apps there is abit cutoff on the bottom cause of the statusbar
How can i fixx this?

Attachments

• 246e9af2-3d01-4c40-87bf-254e00f7a6d8.jpg
    246e9af2-3d01-4c40-87bf-254e00f7a6d8.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Jaitsu

Wanted to drop into this thread with some good news - this isn't specific to this ROM of course, but the topic came up before. To those of you that lost SafetyNet due to ctsProfile failing despite having the MagiskHide props config module, this module will fix it for the time being. It's a hack that probably won't work for long and is essentially just breaking SafetyNet's device detection so it doesn't match the list of devices they're using hardware attestation for now, but it's a nice little breath of fresh air while we can get it.

Reactions: cangurob

rdhameja

Apr 15, 2016
San Diego
Hello, thanks for this Rom ! I have issues with Android Auto and screen laggy and flickering when my phone is connected to my car. Also some elements of the UI are missing like navigation bar on the screen of the car. No problem with ArrowOS which is CAF based Rom. Is there any solution ? I desactivate material superposition on develloper settings and it's not changing.
Thanks in avance :)

]

Thanks for reporting, I will look into this issue.

Hey guys, is the screen flickering resolved on android auto? I have the same problem in another ROM and would make a switch if this issue is resolved. It renders the phone unusable unless I restart the phone. Please let me know
Edit: I am on Arrow OS and I have flickering issues with AA on that.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2015
Cologne
Hey guys, is the screen flickering resolved on android auto? I have the same problem in another ROM and would make a switch if this issue is resolved. It renders the phone unusable unless I restart the phone. Please let me know
Edit: I am on Arrow OS and I have flickering issues with AA on that.

I came from Evolution X where I had the exact same flickering and AA was actually unusable. Here on AOSiP there is no flickering whatsoever. AA is working perfectly fine as it should and in my opinion, this ROM, in general, is just perfect! So you won't regret anything if you switch over to this ROM.

Reactions: Constrabus

rdhameja

Apr 15, 2016
San Diego
I came from Evolution X where I had the exact same flickering and AA was actually unusable. Here on AOSiP there is no flickering whatsoever. AA is working perfectly fine as it should and in my opinion, this ROM, in general, is just perfect! So you won't regret anything if you switch over to this ROM.

Thank you for confirming. Switching over this weekend. :)

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC

Glad to hear you're loving the ROM :good:

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC
New build is up, reminder to take your OTAs.
Next week's release will have SN passing out of the box ( no more need for magisk props module )

Reactions: rdhameja

rdhameja

Apr 15, 2016
San Diego
Flashed this ROM last weekend and absolutely loving it. AA is running as it should and I have no flickering issues. And the fluidity in the UI is just amazing...the pages scroll so much better. @Constrabus Thanks for the great ROM. Just 2 things -
1. Ok google / hey google is not working - I can live with that, no even going to ask to look into it.
2. As someone else mentioned, the audio recording levels while shooting a video is extremely low. Tried on the gcam and even the included snapcam app but didn't get decent audio volumes. Is there anything we can do about that? mixer_paths or any other mods?

apokit

Feb 28, 2013
Flashed this ROM last weekend and absolutely loving it. AA is running as it should and I have no flickering issues. And the fluidity in the UI is just amazing...the pages scroll so much better. @Constrabus Thanks for the great ROM. Just 2 things -
1. Ok google / hey google is not working - I can live with that, no even going to ask to look into it.
2. As someone else mentioned, the audio recording levels while shooting a video is extremely low. Tried on the gcam and even the included snapcam app but didn't get decent audio volumes. Is there anything we can do about that? mixer_paths or any other mods?

Only with open camera if you change mic path you can have good video volume
(Change mic record to external)
I think this is the biggest problem in all aosp roms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

CLEAN (This is also solve Mi Logo Bootloops)
    1) In TWRP, Format Data
    2) Reboot TWRP
    3) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
    4) Flash Xiaomi EU (Stable v11.0.2.0 or Weekly v20.5.7)
    5) Format Data
    6) Reboot TWRP
    7) Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
    6) Flash AOSiP
    7) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
    7b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
    8) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

DIRTY (At your own risk)
    1) In TWRP, flash AOSiP
    2) (Optional) Flash Gapps & Magisk
    2b) Don't flash Gapps package if you chose to flash the Gapps AOSiP build
    3) Wipe Dalvik & Cache only
    4) Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    NONE! All sensors, slider function, and AI button are all working!

If you find an issue, please let me know. Either via Telegram or here.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

COMMUNITY?
    We have a community of over 600 helpful Mix 3 users around the world.
    Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/MiMix3Global

FIRMWARE?
    AOSiP will not flash unless you are on any Android 10 based firmware.

xiaomi.eu ROM includes firmware, so this is not needed if you flashed that during a clean install (unless you want to try a different firmware version).

If you like to be on the latest firmware or try different versions, you can grab it here.
    Personally, I like the latest available global variant (stable or beta).

You can flash firmware at any time, without affecting your current installation.

WHICH GCAM WORKS BEST?
    Urnyx05 v1.7

WHICH TWRP SHOULD I USE?
    Mauronofrio v3.3.1-17

CLEAN OR DIRTY?
    If you're coming from unofficials, you'll need to clean flash since these builds are SIGNED.
    Once you're in, you can just take OTAs, no more need to clean flash.
    Hey guys, happy to announce AOSiP 10 Stable officials!

Please see the announcement on the Twitter post for changes and info about this release.
    Hi everyone! been quietly following the community for quite some times already and I figured I could register and give you some insights on this rom.

I've wiped everything, installed the latest firmware, rom, gapp and magisks.
    Everything went smoothly, except magisk giving me some headache about the ctsprofile... a ****ing nightmare... I've had custom rom for the last 10 years or so, I know my way around and always find the tricks to make things works... but this time I almost gave up.

I ended up on youtube and found this gem.
    S-TaGmNfKMg

Use termux and manually assign the fingerprint for the mix 3 and there you go.

So far everything is working fine, Bluetooth, gps, selfie slider, dt2w, nfc.

Now I'm monitoring for a battery drain. if the battery could last a typical day, that'l be great.

And thank a lot for everyone involved!

I'll keep you posted :)