Search This thread

Skittles9823

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
url]

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Harsh Shandilya
Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
Dirty Unicorns
PixelExperience
OmniROM
CarbonROM
nathanchance
---------
Other projects whose work helped us to create this
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Google Pixel 3a

Contributors
Skittles9823
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Febuary 2020 security patch
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-07
Last Updated 2020-02-16

Last edited:

Skittles9823

Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Installation procedure:
Have an unlocked bootloader (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Make sure to backup internal storage as wiping data will delete everything.

Reboot to fastboot and flash the provided boot.img with the following commands:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot.img
reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from ADB":
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.
Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Update procedure:
Reboot into recovery using the same method provided in the install procedure.
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload /path/to/updated-rom.zip
If you aren't using Magisk, that's all you need to do. Reboot back into system and you'll be updated.

Updating with Magisk:
If there is a kernel update or a security patch is merged you'll need to patch the new boot.img. Just download the updated boot image, patch it using Magisk manager, and flash it in fastboot after sideloading the rom update.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Currently none, let me know what you find!

Last edited:

Skittles9823

Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • Include your firmware versions in reports.
  • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Last edited:

catharsis724

Dec 26, 2014
Android Wear
Google Pixel 3a
Let's say I root. Do I need to flash the attached boot image or uninstall magisk before I sideload an update?

Also, will dirty flashing be okay for updates or is a clean flash strongly recommended/necessary?

Skittles9823

Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Let's say I root. Do I need to flash the attached boot image or uninstall magisk before I sideload an update?

Also, will dirty flashing be okay for updates or is a clean flash strongly recommended/necessary?
For magisk just patch the boot image provided in the OP. You'll need to flash a magisk patched image after updating the rom (you'll not need to download a new boot image unless the kernel updates or a security patch update is merged).

Dirty flashing is fine. I'll update the installation post with some more info on updating.

Currently the inbuilt updater does not work, so when updates happen don't use it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

ld626

Feb 5, 2014
Florida
I got couple of stupid questions, here we go:

Install TWRP temporarily first, right?

Does it come with gapps pre-installed ?

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
I got couple of stupid questions, here we go:

Install TWRP temporarily first, right?

Does it come with gapps pre-installed ?
No TWRP. Follow flashing instructions in op. Afaik all Pixel ROMs come with gapps at this point due to the partitions on these devices.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: ld626

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Google Pixel 3a

Contributors
    Skittles9823
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Febuary 2020 security patch
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-02-07
    Last Updated 2020-02-16
    Installation procedure:
    Have an unlocked bootloader (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Make sure to backup internal storage as wiping data will delete everything.

Reboot to fastboot and flash the provided boot.img with the following commands:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/boot.img
    reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from ADB":
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
    In recovery before rebooting, make sure to factory reset/wipe data.
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Update procedure:
    Reboot into recovery using the same method provided in the install procedure.
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    adb sideload /path/to/updated-rom.zip
    If you aren't using Magisk, that's all you need to do. Reboot back into system and you'll be updated.

Updating with Magisk:
    If there is a kernel update or a security patch is merged you'll need to patch the new boot.img. Just download the updated boot image, patch it using Magisk manager, and flash it in fastboot after sideloading the rom update.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    Currently none, let me know what you find!
    For those wondering about the features available, here's a list of things in OwlsNest (a new section in settings in the ROM)

• Statusbar
      • Statusbar icons (Which ones are shown, what style, etc.)
      • Show/hide clock&date (+ formatting)
      • Battery style, percent style
      • Network traffic indicator
    • Quick Settings (The setting tiles in the notification pull-down)
      • Battery percentage (Basically show the battery percentage when you pull down the notification bar)
      • Opacity
      • Enable/disable brightness slider
      • Position of brightness slider (top/bottom)
      • Auto brightness icon next to slider
      • Vibrate on touch of tiles
    • Notifications
      • Enable/disable "Noisy Notifications" (Sound/vibration for notifications when screen is on)
      • Edge lighting (Lights up sides of screen when notification received; the color can also be changed, or set to auto match wallpaper)
    • Navigation
      • Invert layout (swap sides of nav bar)
    • Hardware Buttons
      • Screen off animation (Default, CRT -> fuzzy static, Scale -> Kind of zoom out of screen)
      • Power menu options (Show/hide: Restart, Advanced Restart, Lockdown, Screenshot, Screenrecord)
    • Lockscreen
      • Set lockscreen shortcuts (bottom left and bottom right icons)
      • Show/hide battery info (voltage, temp, charging rate)
      • Enable/disable media cover art
      • Album art filter (None, Grayscale, Accent tinted, Blur, Grayscale and Blurred, Gradient Blur)
      • Enable/disable using power menu on lockscreen
      • Enable/disable music visualizer
    • Gestures
      • Swipe fingerprint for notifications (Swipe left or right to dismiss is new)
      • Double press power button for camera
      • Activate flashlight when screen off (double tap or long press power button options)
      • System navigation (Same as default, BUT you can change "the amount of screen height used as touchable region for back gesture" for Gesture Navigation)
      • Double-tap to check phone (Also seems to allow double tapping lockscreen to turn off screen, something default didn't seem to do for me)
      • Lift to check phone (Already there)
      • Flip to Shhh (Already there)
      • Prevent ringing (Power & volume up)
      • Skip music tracks (long press volume buttons)
      • Active Edge (change short and long squeeze actions)
    • Some other things I've noticed
      • Long press screenshot button to select region of screen to screenshot
      • More theming options (Different always-on screen clocks)

If anyone else has noticed any differences that I failed to mention, please let me know and I'll update this list!
    Reporting Bugs
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Hey, how is it going?
    Gotta fix some stuff with the vendor repo for sargo but everything seems good except for active edge. Once that's fixed (won't be able to work on it till Monday) I'll be ready for new releases.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs