[ROM][10][ARM64][A320] crDroid v6.15 for Galaxy A3 2017 [11.02.2021]

Search This thread

GonicTEAM

Aug 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

Features (click here)
Screenshots in the next post.

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation & other downloads:
Installation:
  1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
  2. Go to the Files tab and flash "crDroid6-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
  3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
  4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
  5. Install the crDroidAndroid-10.0-xx-xx-v6.xx.zip
  6. Install the GApps zip
  7. Install Magisk (optional)
  8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
  9. Done!
Download:
ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145734453

Known issues:
- Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, ZOOM and Snapchat & Whatsapp except videocalls don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
- Frontal Flash
- LineageOS LiveDisplay
- Bluetooth Calls
- VoLTE (it can't be fixed, cuz Samsung isn't Open Source)

Sources:
ROM:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18

GonicTEAM

Aug 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
  1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
  2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
    • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
  3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
Fix Camera stuck
Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app was failed. If it happen, follow this:
  • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
    • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
GCam
This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3

GonicTEAM

Aug 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Changelog:

===== 11-02-2021 =====
- crDroid 6.15 build
- Repartition script updated. Now you can get more userdata space.
- XDA release build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
- Fixed offline charging
- Added vibration intensity control
- Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
- Initial a3y17lte private build for testing

May 20, 2020
Fix Camera stuck
Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app was failed. If it happen, follow this:
  • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
Thanks for your build.
Do you use LineageOS tree for A3 2017 by Martin (@Sap1k) ? Because it doesnt have the problem with camera.
Also crDroid 6.9 by Atrasko doesnt have this problem too. But since 6.12, there is this problem with camera.

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
Very nice to see a new ROM for the A3.
Did anyone test if bluetooth calls are working correctly and if recorded videos with apps other than Footej, are saved correctly?

GonicTEAM

Aug 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Thanks for your build.
Do you use LineageOS tree for A3 2017 by Martin (@Sap1k) ? Because it doesnt have the problem with camera.
Also crDroid 6.9 by Atrasko doesnt have this problem too. But since 6.12, there is this problem with camera.

I use Astrako's device trees for crDroid, not LineageOS ones. I will see what was change, thanks!

nonsub

Jun 17, 2010
Is adoptable storage something that works on this ROM? The tiny 16GB of internal storage are crippling this otherwise still capable device...

It does say in the first page that BT calling is still broken in this ROM.

crDroid is awesome on this phone but the lack of BT calling sucks and I don't think there is developer motivation to fix.

yeye.phone

Aug 22, 2012
Hello, on my A3 2017 (a3y17lte), when install crdroid, it says:
Code:
updater process ended with error7

error installing zip file '/external-sdcard/crDroidAndroid-10.0-20210211-a3y17lte-v6.15.zip'

this is with last twrp, because with your orangeFox, i can't intall it, because it is for j7y17lte

LuChaos

May 1, 2017
Hello, on my A3 2017 (a3y17lte), when install crdroid, it says:
Code:
updater process ended with error7

error installing zip file '/external-sdcard/crDroidAndroid-10.0-20210211-a3y17lte-v6.15.zip'

this is with last twrp, because with your orangeFox, i can't intall it, because it is for j7y17lte

It should work with this orangefox.

yeye.phone

Aug 22, 2012

yass

Aug 14, 2005
Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the crDroid release, hope to see more updates to this rom.

Tested the rom on a SM-A320F/DS, can confirm what other users have mentioned above, and some others:
  • SIM slots dont work, tested both slots. Ive added a logcat to the post. SDcard (SIM2 slot) works fine, no issue there.
  • Settings > Display > LiveDisplay: Cant edit the settings for bluelight filter.
  • Settings > Display > Lock screen display > Ambient display: To edit Ambient display settings this way does not work, either nothing happens or it jumps back to Display settings. To edit Ambient display settings, have to go through -> Settings > crDroid Settings > User Interface (tab) > Ambient display. Not a huge issue, just fyi.

Camera works fine with the native app, I use OpenCamera though and with the build.prop edit mentioned in 2nd post it works without issue.

Bluetooth/NFC seem to work, though I havent tested in depth due to sim issue.

Wifi works fine aswell, only annoyance is after reboot sometimes aireplane mode is activated and wifi off, even though it was on before reboot. But thats a small issue, not priority.

Phone encryption working aswell, no issue there as far as i can see.

Battery, havent tested per usual usage, though it does drain faster at first look.

Best regards and lookin forward to future releases,
yass

justinh99

Dec 23, 2020
Thanks for your build.

I use Astrako's device trees for crDroid, not LineageOS ones. I will see what was change, thanks!
Please dont use this device tree from martin .This Device Tree have the Problem that adobtabel storage dont work
This is very bad for this device because it have only 16gb internal storage

Last edited:
Reactions: LuChaos

justinh99

Dec 23, 2020
Is adoptable storage something that works on this ROM? The tiny 16GB of internal storage are crippling this otherwise still capable device...
my english is not so good
Yes it works but it was disabeld but you can enabeled it with a few commands
1.enabeled devolper options (tap 5 times on build number)
2.enabeled usb-debuging in devolper options
3.install minimal adb and fasboot on your pc
4.start minimal adb and fastboot
5.type adb devices and type yes on the prompt on your phone
6.type adb shell
7.type sm set-force-adoptable true
8.go to setting/storage/sdcard/format as internal storage

Reactions: LuChaos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have this device, but i compile the ROM anyway using the Astrako's device trees. I will try to fix this things if i can. 😅
    Thanks for your build.

Please dont use this device tree from martin .This Device Tree have the Problem that adobtabel storage dont work
    This is very bad for this device because it have only 16gb internal storage
    my english is not so good
    Yes it works but it was disabeld but you can enabeled it with a few commands
    1.enabeled devolper options (tap 5 times on build number)
    2.enabeled usb-debuging in devolper options
    3.install minimal adb and fasboot on your pc
    4.start minimal adb and fastboot
    5.type adb devices and type yes on the prompt on your phone
    6.type adb shell
    7.type sm set-force-adoptable true
    8.go to setting/storage/sdcard/format as internal storage
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Features (click here)
    Screenshots in the next post.

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation & other downloads:
    Installation:
    1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
    2. Go to the Files tab and flash "crDroid6-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
    3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
    4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
    5. Install the crDroidAndroid-10.0-xx-xx-v6.xx.zip
    6. Install the GApps zip
    7. Install Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
    9. Done!
    Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145734453

Known issues:
    - Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, ZOOM and Snapchat & Whatsapp except videocalls don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
    - Frontal Flash
    - LineageOS LiveDisplay
    - Bluetooth Calls
    - VoLTE (it can't be fixed, cuz Samsung isn't Open Source)

Sources:
    ROM:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have this device, but i compile the ROM anyway using the Astrako's device trees. I will try to fix this things if i can. 😅
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Tested the rom on a SM-A320F/DS, can confirm what other users have mentioned above, and some others:
    • SIM slots dont work, tested both slots. Ive added a logcat to the post. SDcard (SIM2 slot) works fine, no issue there.
    • Settings > Display > LiveDisplay: Cant edit the settings for bluelight filter.
    • Settings > Display > Lock screen display > Ambient display: To edit Ambient display settings this way does not work, either nothing happens or it jumps back to Display settings. To edit Ambient display settings, have to go through -> Settings > crDroid Settings > User Interface (tab) > Ambient display. Not a huge issue, just fyi.

Camera works fine with the native app, I use OpenCamera though and with the build.prop edit mentioned in 2nd post it works without issue.

Bluetooth/NFC seem to work, though I havent tested in depth due to sim issue.

Wifi works fine aswell, only annoyance is after reboot sometimes aireplane mode is activated and wifi off, even though it was on before reboot. But thats a small issue, not priority.

Phone encryption working aswell, no issue there as far as i can see.

Battery, havent tested per usual usage, though it does drain faster at first look.

Best regards and lookin forward to future releases,
    yass
    Changelog:

===== 11-02-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.15 build
    - Repartition script updated. Now you can get more userdata space.
    - XDA release build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
    - Fixed offline charging
    - Added vibration intensity control
    - Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
    - Initial a3y17lte private build for testing
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone