• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10][ARM64][A320] crDroid v6.17 for Galaxy A3 2017 [18.04.2021]

Search This thread

funkoot

Nov 6, 2012
No echoes in calls?
Is bluetooth calling ok?
How about recording video with apps other than footej?
No echo in calls.
Bluetooth calling does not workon this rom. Bluetooth speaker pairing works for music only. If you need bluetooth calls, then Astrako's H-ROM A7 Port V6.0 is your best bet.
Video recording Ok with the stock (lineage) camera and Footeji, both of which suit my needs.
This is still the best Rom available for the A3 2017 in 2021. Personally a 4.7" screen is as big as I would go with a phone.
It would be great to see Samsung release a new phone with a 4.7" display. The Iphone SE 2020 has shown that there is still a market for compact phones.
All the best
Dave

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
No echo in calls.
Bluetooth calling does not workon this rom. Bluetooth speaker pairing works for music only. If you need bluetooth calls, then Astrako's H-ROM A7 Port V6.0 is your best bet.
Video recording Ok with the stock (lineage) camera and Footeji, both of which suit my needs.
This is still the best Rom available for the A3 2017 in 2021. Personally a 4.7" screen is as big as I would go with a phone.
It would be great to see Samsung release a new phone with a 4.7" display. The Iphone SE 2020 has shown that there is still a market for compact phones.
All the best
Dave

Thanks for the details. I'm hoping bluetooth calls will get fixed in the future for this rom, I would need them for daily use, and prefer lineage based roms with more customizations.
I'm really sad that android phone manufacturers stopped making "small" devices, with less than 5 inch screens. Still hoping for the Iphone SE 2020 to bring an interest in phones of that size to android manufacturers..

Bernique

Apr 25, 2010
Paris
Thanks for the details. I'm hoping bluetooth calls will get fixed in the future for this rom, I would need them for daily use, and prefer lineage based roms with more customizations.
I'm really sad that android phone manufacturers stopped making "small" devices, with less than 5 inch screens. Still hoping for the Iphone SE 2020 to bring an interest in phones of that size to android manufacturers..
Just to say that I use quite often bluetooth calls

Reactions: st-mark

Falkon.Nightsdale

Oct 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

despite it took me 2 days full of googling to find out, how to really install crDroid, in the end I successfully installed everything. However, for some reason, I struggle to pass the SafetyNet CTS check.
As a result, Google Pay is not working. :'(

Any idea how to solve this problem..?

Edit #1: Also for some reason, if someone is calling me, I can't hear them at all. Any fix..?
Edit #2: OK, so calling is not working if I pick the call from lockscreen - it result for silence on both ends. If phone is unlocked, calls work perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Features (click here)
    Screenshots in the next post.

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation & other downloads:
    Installation:
    1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
    2. Go to the Files tab and flash "crDroid6-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
    3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
    4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
    5. Install the crDroidAndroid-10.0-xx-xx-v6.xx.zip
    6. Install the GApps zip
    7. Install Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
    9. Done!
    Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693785354

Known issues:
    - Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, ZOOM and Snapchat & Whatsapp except videocalls don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
    - Frontal Flash
    - Bluetooth Calls
    - VoLTE (it can't be fixed, cuz Samsung isn't Open Source)

Sources:
    ROM:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
    Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app was failed. If it happen, follow this:
    • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

Video Review: if you want to see gaming performance and how this ROM are, you can watch this review video of the ROM in the J7 2016 (the ROM is the same for other Exynos7870 variants):

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the crDroid release, hope to see more updates to this rom.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have this device, but i compile the ROM anyway using the Astrako's device trees. I will try to fix this things if i can. 😅
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the crDroid release, hope to see more updates to this rom.

Tested the rom on a SM-A320F/DS, can confirm what other users have mentioned above, and some others:
    • SIM slots dont work, tested both slots. Ive added a logcat to the post. SDcard (SIM2 slot) works fine, no issue there.
    • Settings > Display > LiveDisplay: Cant edit the settings for bluelight filter.
    • Settings > Display > Lock screen display > Ambient display: To edit Ambient display settings this way does not work, either nothing happens or it jumps back to Display settings. To edit Ambient display settings, have to go through -> Settings > crDroid Settings > User Interface (tab) > Ambient display. Not a huge issue, just fyi.

Camera works fine with the native app, I use OpenCamera though and with the build.prop edit mentioned in 2nd post it works without issue.

Bluetooth/NFC seem to work, though I havent tested in depth due to sim issue.

Wifi works fine aswell, only annoyance is after reboot sometimes aireplane mode is activated and wifi off, even though it was on before reboot. But thats a small issue, not priority.

Phone encryption working aswell, no issue there as far as i can see.

Battery, havent tested per usual usage, though it does drain faster at first look.

Best regards and lookin forward to future releases,
    yass
    Changelog:

===== 17-04-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.17
    - Fixed Live Display
    - Added Night Light
    - April Security Patch
    - Deleted ConfigStore hal

===== 11-02-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.15 build
    - Repartition script updated. Now you can get more userdata space.
    - XDA release build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
    - Fixed offline charging
    - Added vibration intensity control
    - Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
    - Initial a3y17lte private build for testing