[ROM][10][ARM64][A320] crDroid v6.21 for Galaxy A3 2017 [10.08.2021]

Search This thread
Changelog:

===== 11-02-2021 =====
- crDroid 6.15 build
- Repartition script updated. Now you can get more userdata space.
- XDA release build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
- Fixed offline charging
- Added vibration intensity control
- Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
- Initial a3y17lte private build for testing
Where I can find this vibration control,
includes cr droid 6.15 also the security patches from february

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
my english is not so good
Yes it works but it was disabeld but you can enabeled it with a few commands
1.enabeled devolper options (tap 5 times on build number)
2.enabeled usb-debuging in devolper options
3.install minimal adb and fasboot on your pc
4.start minimal adb and fastboot
5.type adb devices and type yes on the prompt on your phone
6.type adb shell
7.type sm set-force-adoptable true
8.go to setting/storage/sdcard/format as internal storage
If Astarko's device/vendor tree is used, then the result will probably be the same as on the H-ROMs - it will format it as internal storage, but the OS will not detect it... =/

But thanks for your reply

May 20, 2020
Thanks for your build.
Do you use LineageOS tree for A3 2017 by Martin (@Sap1k) ? Because it doesnt have the problem with camera.
Also crDroid 6.9 by Atrasko doesnt have this problem too. But since 6.12, there is this problem with camera.
Finally, there is the same problem with the camera with your crDroid rom and the last LineageOS rom by Martin.

ghorghut

Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for your time . So far so good using 20210418 build !
Added MinMicroG instead of Gapps ... Everthing is OK
Great Sot, my daily driver for my old A3 2017 :D

Thx a lot dev .

I write with translator. I just wanted to say thank you. You and your rom are the reason why I have not bought a new smartphone yet. Current security patches are very important to me, you provide me with a very good and up-to-date rom. Thanks for your good work, enough praise. I also want to report some bugs All bugs in the second post are still true (they are still there) 1.
In the settings under the lock screen display, the Inactivity display button does not work. 2
The charging indicator does not work (see screenshot) 3
. I used adoptable storage. The problem is the following sometimes says that the mobile phone is in operation (even if it is only in standby) SD card is missing (I have not removed the SD card) After every restart, the phone says Sd_kate is missing, the phone first recognizes the SD card when I unlock it (so it takes about 10 seconds after unlocking until it recognizes the SD card. My problem is I installed Spotify and myself Songs downloaded there offline, if I do not unlock the phone immediately after restarting, Spotify downloads all the songs again, but not on the SD card but on the internal memory. The same problem occurs if the mobile phone does not recognize the SD card during operation, then Whatsapp does not work correctly (it says your memory is almost full (there are still 2GB free space on the internal memory) and I cannot access any media in Whatsapp . Recognizes that the mobile phone has the SD card again, everything in Whatsapp is fine again. The problem is also when the mobile phone does not recognize the SD card, the internal memory is suddenly a few Gb full than before (it stays that way, even if the phone has the SD -Recognizes the card). 4th
Ota from Cr Droid does not work (see screenshot) 5.
The button under System Backup Change Backup Provider does not work, how do I make a cr droid backup that I can restore every time I set it up in the setup wizard
Screenshot_20210422-072210.png
Screenshot_20210422-064736186.jpg

iamchriscool

Jul 12, 2015
I was trying to get the FM Radio working in this ROM but without success.

I have extracted the HybridRadio application and its belonging libraries from this ROM [ROM][A320X] H-ROM A7 PORT V6.0 [10.0][OneUI 2.0][64 bits][Treble]

I installed following files in the "/system" path:
Code:
/---system
    +---etc
    |   /---permissions
    |           privapp-permissions-com.sec.android.app.fm.xml
    +---lib
    |       libfmradio_jni.so
    |
    +---lib64
    |       libfmradio_jni.so
    |
    /---priv-app
        /---HybridRadio
                HybridRadio.apk

After rebooting, the FM Radio App was available but did directly crash when opening.
I have looked into the system logs with logcat and found out that HybridRadio has an unresolved reference in "/system/framework/framework.jar" to some Samsung specific settings classes that are not available in the "framework.jar" of this crDroid ROM.

At this point I have to give up because I don't know how to extract the needed classes out of the H-ROM "framework.jar" and furthermore I then still don't know if these classes have further references that I also can't resolve.

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is to decompile the "HybridRadio.apk" application and remove the references to the H-ROM "framework.jar". But also here I don't have any experience.

Has anyone of you got the FM Radio working or has the knowlegde how to solve the port of the FM Radio application from the H-ROM?

I could provide the files mentioned above if that helps.

Last edited:

catyuo

Apr 10, 2021
Thanks for the rom. Im using it as dailydriver. Only thing that rly kills me is the Camera getting stuck. Even the KillCamera-App wont fix it sometimes. Would love to see it fixed soon.

Gcam mentioned in 1st post crashes at start/not working.
Also the workaround for stretched preview wont work me (tested opencamera, telegram, signal)
No preview trouble at stockcam, but it crashes sometimes and cant be killed via KillCamera-App (as said before)

As others mentioned, while patchnotes say the current build includes the latest security patch, it seems to be not included at all (@ phone/android info).

... nevertheless thanks alot for ur work!

Last edited:

funkoot

Nov 6, 2012
There is a working Gcam for our lovely A3. I use it for now 4 months. This is an 'old' Gcam (not the one linked in the thread) which works fine for us. Do not hesitate to try it or to ask in the group which one to use :)
Great News. Do you know which gcam version it is?
Thanks in advance
Dave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Features (click here)
    Screenshots in the next post.

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation & other downloads:
    Installation:
    1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
    2. Go to the Files tab and flash "Repart-AOSP10-exynos7870-20210810.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
    3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
    4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
    5. Install the crDroidAndroid-10.0-xx-xx-v6.xx.zip
    6. Install the GApps zip
    7. Install Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
    9. Done!
    Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664783862

Known issues:
    - Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, ZOOM and Snapchat & Whatsapp except videocalls don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
    - Frontal Flash
    - Bluetooth Calls
    - VoLTE

Sources:
    ROM:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
    Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app was failed. If it happen, follow this:
    • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

Video Review: if you want to see gaming performance and how this ROM are, you can watch this review video of the ROM in the J7 2016 (the ROM is the same for other Exynos7870 variants):

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    Also a huge thanks to Peter Schiek for his €50 donation 🤩
    Changelog:

===== 17-04-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.17
    - Fixed Live Display
    - Added Night Light
    - April Security Patch
    - Deleted ConfigStore hal

===== 11-02-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.15 build
    - Repartition script updated. Now you can get more userdata space.
    - XDA release build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
    - Fixed offline charging
    - Added vibration intensity control
    - Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
    - Initial a3y17lte private build for testing
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the crDroid release, hope to see more updates to this rom.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have this device, but i compile the ROM anyway using the Astrako's device trees. I will try to fix this things if i can. 😅
    Cheers @GonicTEAM,

Thanks for the crDroid release, hope to see more updates to this rom.

Tested the rom on a SM-A320F/DS, can confirm what other users have mentioned above, and some others:
    • SIM slots dont work, tested both slots. Ive added a logcat to the post. SDcard (SIM2 slot) works fine, no issue there.
    • Settings > Display > LiveDisplay: Cant edit the settings for bluelight filter.
    • Settings > Display > Lock screen display > Ambient display: To edit Ambient display settings this way does not work, either nothing happens or it jumps back to Display settings. To edit Ambient display settings, have to go through -> Settings > crDroid Settings > User Interface (tab) > Ambient display. Not a huge issue, just fyi.

Camera works fine with the native app, I use OpenCamera though and with the build.prop edit mentioned in 2nd post it works without issue.

Bluetooth/NFC seem to work, though I havent tested in depth due to sim issue.

Wifi works fine aswell, only annoyance is after reboot sometimes aireplane mode is activated and wifi off, even though it was on before reboot. But thats a small issue, not priority.

Phone encryption working aswell, no issue there as far as i can see.

Battery, havent tested per usual usage, though it does drain faster at first look.

Best regards and lookin forward to future releases,
    yass