[ROM][10][ARM64][J701] crDroid v6.21 for Galaxy J7 NXT - Neo - Core [10.08.2021]

Search This thread

VisualError

Sep 15, 2018
Realme 8
Hello! Thank you for the amazing rom!
Lots of things seem to be working fine, but there's this one problem which occurs every reboot.
The MAC Address seems to always change every reboot, which causes problems for my router as I only let specific MAC Addresses to gain internet connection.
If I know what to logcat I would gladly send it here,
Device : j7velte/j701f
Android ver : crDroid 6.17 ,10.0

fahad15090

Mar 28, 2020
Gujrat
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
i don't have any word to says that this is BUG or something strange happen to me
i turn on pocket detection and this work good for sometime but after strange time of mobile unlock device AUTOMATICALLY lock after 3 ~ 5 second , my mind says maybe some problem in system i reinstall fresh ROM but again happen , so i turn off POCKET DETECTION and solve this problem , the message is to TELLING developer for fix/check this error! but thanks for best rom .

richiealpha

Dec 11, 2018
I have encountered audio in call in this Rom.. i will try installing LineageOS and see if it has the same bug. feedback later...

WIZARDZXZ

Dec 27, 2022
This rom works like a charm.Thank you for all your hard work. I have to ask is this rom safe for banking?

WIZARDZXZ

Dec 27, 2022
BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

Features (click here)
Screenshots in the next post.

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation & other downloads:
Installation:
  1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
  2. Go to the Files tab and flash "Repart-AOSP10-exynos7870-20210810.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
  3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
  4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
  5. Install the crDroidAndroid-10.0-xx-xx-v6.xx.zip
  6. Install the GApps zip
  7. Install Magisk (optional)
  8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
  9. Done!
Download:
ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664783753

Known issues:
- Frontal Flash
- Bluetooth Calls
- VoLTE (impossible in Samsung devices)

Sources:
ROM:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
Love this rom thanks for this beauty <3

WIZARDZXZ

Dec 27, 2022
The Rom works perfectly thank you for this piece of art.Altho I did notice a bug upon switching to power save mode and switching back to balanced. The phone slows down unless you switch to high performance then back to balanced.

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Code:
*** Disclaimer
You have been warned

Features (click here)

Flashing Instructions:
Installation:
  2. Go to the Files tab and flash "Repart-AOSP10-exynos7870-20210810.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
  3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type yes and the tick to format data.
  4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
  6. Install the GApps zip
  8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
  9. Done!
Download:

Known issues:
- Frontal Flash
- Bluetooth Calls

Sources:
ROM:

Will this ROM work on the SM-J701M (j7velteub) Chipset: EXYNOS7870 ; Board Name : Universal2870 (32-bit)?

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
Ok, thanks, will soon flash it but it's currently my daily driver so....But i've wanted to root this device from inception, so, soon's I can I will!

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
Yes it will. Make sure to flash with orange fox. Otherwise this is an excellent rom. You are gonna love it
Yes it will. Make sure to flash with orange fox. Otherwise this is an excellent rom. You are gonna love it

Will the device be rooted just by following the instructions in the first thread? I once installed an unofficial TWRP recovery on this device but it didn't work that well, and the official TWRP website doesn't seem to cater to this device.

WIZARDZXZ

Dec 27, 2022
Will this ROM work on the SM-J701M (j7velteub) Chipset: EXYNOS7870 ; Board Name : Universal2870 (32-bit)?
Just make sure you flash with orange recovery cause I had problems with twrp.
Ok, thanks, will soon flash it but it's currently my daily driver so....But i've wanted to root this device from inception, so, soon's I can I will!
Yeah rooting is easy. Hope you love this ROM too like me lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    You have been warned

Features (click here)

Flashing Instructions:
    Installation:
    6. Install the GApps zip
    9. Done!
    Download:

Known issues:
    - Frontal Flash
    - Bluetooth Calls

Sources:
    ROM:

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
    Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app was failed. If it happen, follow this:
    • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

Video Review: if you want to see gaming performance and how this ROM are, you can watch this review video of the ROM in the J7 2016 (the ROM is the same for other Exynos7870 variants):

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    Some screenshots
    Screenshot_20210119-121909_crDroid_Home.pngScreenshot_20210119-121915_crDroid_Home.pngScreenshot_20210119-121919_crDroid_Home.pngScreenshot_20210119-122320_crDroid_Home.pngScreenshot_20210119-122557_crDroid_Home.pngScreenshot_20210119-121938209.jpgScreenshot_20210119-121952914.jpgScreenshot_20210119-122551141.jpgScreenshot_20210119-135353119.jpg

Battery backup
    Battery backup in this ROM is very good! Here some screenshots (have in mind your device can have different SoT times due the battery age):
    Screenshot_20210120-152950582.jpgScreenshot_20210120-072623377.jpg

Recommended camera: Google CameraGO
    Changelog:

===== 10-08-2021 =====
    - Update to crDroid 6.21 - August security patch
    - Fixed SafetyNet attestation (enable Magisk Hide if Magisk is installed)
    - ROM now fits on smaller system partitions [min 2,26GB]

===== 17-04-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.17
    - Fixed Live Display
    - Added Night Light
    - April Security Patch
    - Deleted ConfigStore hal

===== 11-02-2021 =====
    - crDroid 6.15 build

===== 24-01-2021 =====
    - Fixed offline charging
    - Added vibration intensity control
    - First official build

===== 19-01-2021 =====
    - Latest crDroid sources (v6.14 with January security patch)
    - Initial build
    firstly this rom don't adjust with previously working data, I wipe all thing and then fresh install, for me wifi hotspot working only one time when install and stop working after a second or third reboot, also don't work with other vendor I try to fix this problem by flashing other vendor but nothing again boot loop.
    currently, I don't use crdroid and don't have logcat

Why u changed the vendor? no sense. it's a ROM, not a GSI.

You can try if in LineageOS it's working fine for u.
    So i will build crDroid 6.15 when crDroid release it, you can come back to this post in 20 days aprox to try this newer version.
    anyway, thanks for try the ROM! :giggle: :giggle: