[ROM][10][ARM64] LineageOS 17.1 for the Galaxy J5 Pro [J530][02.02.2021]

Search This thread

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
Did you root the rome? Have you ever tried booting into Safe Mode to see the rom reboot every 24 minutes? Downloaded another phone app to see if there is a sound on incoming calls? These possibilities just came through my head.
I have reinstalled this ROM from scratch, and now all is working fine: I can navigate either via wifi or via SIM, I can call and receive calls, with the trick to disable sensors, otherwise the phone call screen darkens and makes impossible the call control; this is an LOS old bug, not related with this ROM, I can set the phone ring, I can import contacts from a .vcf file.

Reactions: justforlineage

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
ROM IS VERY FAST AND VERY CLEAN!ALL WORKS FOR ME EXCEPT SIM CARD CONTACTS i cant see it even with 3RD party app

Edit:anyone know how to push apps into system?Link2sd and similar apps fails.If i push it from recovery phone doesnt boots!
What do you mean with "push apps into system"? will you install apps or something else? Or do you mean load apps into the phone so that they can then be installed?

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
big thanks to you guys for your hard work and excellent roms.

I am not sure if this is the right place but mixing j5 and j7 process from you guys and hackers812c I now have a fairly good android 11 install on my j530fm
How to install android 11 rom on my J530fm (Thanks to hacker812c, gonic team and all the smart guys here)

1, wipe dalvik, cache, system, data, vendor

2, flash j5xx Repartition script - Download from here

3. Install Crdroid GonicTeam https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727245

The vendor present in this rom start new roms 11

4. After install wipe system only (and format data as in instructions on Crdroid install for j5)

5. no wipe vendor

6. Download and install your preferred rom android 11 "Havoc-OS-v4.1-GsiTestProjects-arm64-ab-GApps.img"

7. Install your preferred kernel 11 (using Ares Kernel 8)

8. Reboot and test your ROM... Runs ok, pin,pattern fail. a minor issue.

setup and google goes well, SDcard message to setup pops up, but card is recognized and available.

camera front and back and video work fine, with occasional cannot connect message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-103201_Files.png
    Screenshot_20210219-103201_Files.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_20210219-110534_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210219-110534_Pixel_Launcher.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20210219-110529_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210219-110529_Pixel_Launcher.png
    1 MB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20210219-094724_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210219-094724_Settings.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Reactions: hacker812c

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
Pretty obscure for me...
Kernel usually is 3.yy.xx, the latest AresKernel I found is V7.0,
can you please detail and possibly give a link for both files?
Kind regards

sorry, I cannot remember the link, but here is a copy. i dont know if its allowed to post files like this.... if not sorry.

I generally use the J7xx threads, they are in general updated more often, its basically the same phone as the j5xx

if you need/want root follow this, Hackers812c process is at the end and followed by self, have root and a running 11. https://xdaforums.com/t/root-root-android-11-treble-rom-gsi.4234193/

Attachments

• AresKernel-V8.0-J530X-TREBLE.img
    23.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice
sorry, I cannot remember the link, but here is a copy. i dont know if its allowed to post files like this.... if not sorry.

I generally use the J7xx threads, they are in general updated more often, its basically the same phone as the j5xx

if you need/want root follow this, Hackers812c process is at the end and followed by self, have root and a running 11. https://xdaforums.com/t/root-root-android-11-treble-rom-gsi.4234193/
Thank you a lot! I've been googling in vain the whole afternoon!
Yes, I too very often look at J7 threads, but there's the risk that sometimes their software is J7 specific. I have had sometimes Error 7 trying to install on my J5.

Reactions: corum3

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
Thank you a lot! I've been googling in vain the whole afternoon!
Yes, I too very often look at J7 threads, but there's the risk that sometimes their software is J7 specific. I have had sometimes Error 7 trying to install on my J5.

indeed its not a perfect situation, but its fun to mess around and try to keep the old junkers running ;-) Hacker812c seems to be on top of most things and does a vast amount of testing. Very helpful.

astrako twrp 3.5 https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_device_samsung_j5y17lte/releases/tag/3.5.0_9-0

Last edited:

lPolarisl

Dec 25, 2018
Nvidia Shield
Fairphone
Hey ! I'm using CrDroid with Android 10 on this phone, and have the same camera problem. I went to check to build.prop file, but the line you are referring to doesn't exist.
Would my camera problems be fixed if I added it ?

edit : yep, totally works. Thanks a lot for these workarounds concerning the camera !

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021

I am not sure if this is the right place but mixing j5 and j7 process from you guys and hackers812c I now have a fairly good android 11 install on my j530fm
How to install android 11 rom on my J530fm (Thanks to hacker812c, gonic team and all the smart guys here)

3. Install Crdroid GonicTeam https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727245

4. After install wipe system only (and format data as in instructions on Crdroid install for j5)

5. no wipe vendor

6. Download and install your preferred rom android 11 "Havoc-OS-v4.1-GsiTestProjects-arm64-ab-GApps.img"

setup and google goes well, SDcard message to setup pops up, but card is recognized and available.

camera front and back and video work fine, with occasional cannot connect message.

Hey,
rom working on J530F (j5y17lte) with SIM ? no random reboots?

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey,
rom working on J530F (j5y17lte) with SIM ? no random reboots?

seems to be working, I dont use it as a daily, but no random reboots that I have noticed, both sims slots are detected, although I only one card now.

the only problem that I noticed is no security, pin, pattern, password,
you can install H-vendor at the end of install you then have the security.... but no camera. I prefer to have the camera...

Feb 12, 2021
seems to be working, I dont use it as a daily, but no random reboots that I have noticed, both sims slots are detected, although I only one card now.

the only problem that I noticed is no security, pin, pattern, password,
you can install H-vendor at the end of install you then have the security.... but no camera. I prefer to have the camera...

Thank you

neutralized1

Feb 27, 2021
Camera is still stretched in instagram. Tried to edit vendor/build.prop, I replaced whatsapp to org.thoughtcrime.securesms but didn't work for Signal. Any other ideas?

Alvin50

Apr 9, 2019
Venice

5. no wipe vendor

I'd like to reproduce your installation.
If I have well understood, you first install gonic team LOS 17.1 from scratch, and then wipe the system partition, that you successively replace installing Havoc-OS. Am I right?
Kind regards

Last edited:

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
I'd like to reproduce your installation.
If I have well understood, you first install gonic team LOS 17.1 from scratch, and then wipe the system partition, that you successively replace installing Havoc-OS. Am I right?
Kind regards

yes indeed, the vendor files from gonic team with one of the ares kernel 8, or a kernel of your choice allows the boot of the Android 11 roms.

the updated AOSP roms have a few minor fixes like the occasional reboot issue https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases and while not 100% perfect it seems pretty much a full on working rom, Auto rotate is a no go though.

i am quite sure that any issues that might popup are vendor related, unfortunately i do not think anyone is working on J5/J7 vendors any more.

Most of the testing for install process is done by Hacker812c he and the devs are the smart guys.

i should also add that this is not my daily use phone, so make a full backup before you try this. jic

the new update AOSP 11.0 v302 gets rid of the "there is a problem with your device message" at the start.
still no security, pin, pass, pattern and (auto rotate still causes reboots into new screen position)<- Disable HW overlays allows for perfect rotation, how did I miss that.

So for me so far setup is running well, except for security.

Screenshot_20210308-091612.pngScreenshot_20210308-091616.pngScreenshot_20210308-091609.png

I made a backup, then tried installing H-vendor 1.0,
system bootloops at android logo...
restore gonic vendor works fine.

I have now tried about dozen official and unofficial GSi's for android 11, Arm64 a/b and VNDklite, thttps://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-%28GSI%29-list They all boot up with this install process and gonicTeam 10 vendor, they all require to switch off hw-overlay in developer options for rotate without reboot and they all fail to offer security pattern, pin, code, although there are lots of apps that will add this option.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BQkPczf.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Screenshots here

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation & other downloads:
    Installation:
    1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
    2. Go to the Files tab and flash "LOS17.1-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
    3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type "yes" and the tick to format data.
    4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
    5. Install the lineage-17.1-xx-UNOFFICIAL-j7xelte.zip
    6. Install the GApps zip
    7. Install Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
    9. Done!
    Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727245

Known issues:
    - Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, Snapchat & Whatsapp don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
    - LineageOS LiveDisplay
    - Frontal Flash
    - Bluetooth Calls
    - VoLTE

Sources:
    Kernel:
    github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
    Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app has crashed. If it happen, follow this:
    • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    Good ROM , stable. Just sometimes the launcher takes time to load after lock screen
    Changelog
    ===== 02-02-2021 =====
    - Initial build
    BT no Audio

WiFi keep disconnecting and wifi mac address keep changing after reboot
    00:12:34:xx:xx:xx
    and wifi mac is not match in
    Settings>About and Network details>Advance
    IMG_20210211_113049.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-112827_Settings.png

All in all rom works great