LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
*** Disclaimer I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device You have been warned
Pre-installation & other downloads:
- OrangeFox R11.0 (it's MANDATORY) - Download from here
- Repartition script - Download from here
- GApps: ARM64 > 10 > Pico - Download from here
- Magisk 21.4 or newer for root - Download from here
- Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
- Go to the Files tab and flash "LOS17.1-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
- Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type "yes" and the tick to format data.
- Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
- Install the lineage-17.1-xx-UNOFFICIAL-j7xelte.zip
- Install the GApps zip
- Install Magisk (optional)
- Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
- Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, Snapchat & Whatsapp don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
- LineageOS LiveDisplay
- Frontal Flash
- Bluetooth Calls
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18