[ROM][10][ARM64] LineageOS 17.1 for the Galaxy J7 Pro - 2017 [J730][02.02.2021]

Search This thread

xiaomiyaaa

Feb 24, 2021
what malware exactly are you accusing him of including?

my phone work perfect before on stock but now i install this rom and phone gets very hot!! and then I see ads popup and infect my network!!!! why he not publish source code?? where is source code??? how to build it?? it's malware men...

EDIT: sorry my problem, rom works perfect 100%!

Last edited:

xiaomiyaaa

Feb 24, 2021
sorry i check problem, is not the rom... so sorry, i install something on my computer and it infect my network...

so sorry, rom work perfect my phone get hot because of custom kernel not the ROM, ROM is 100% perfect! sorry!

Reactions: ichbinahmet

v30xy

Dec 2, 2020
OrangeFox does not work on j7y17ltem. Is it possible to install it in another way?
first flash twrp via odin, format data, reboot. flash rmm then opt encrypt then magisk (for no bootloop). after these steps boot your phone, put orange fox to the sd card and flash from twrp. i did like this and working perfectly. i have j717ltem too.

Reactions: ichbinahmet

ivanjudge

Dec 17, 2018
Plss help me, after flashing the rom my speaker is not working even sound on video recording so i think its a mic and speaker problem. The sounds are working with the headphone on..Btw i have came with the lastest J7pro 2017 firmware/bootloader maybe thats the problem?..Sound is working fine if i use project treble roms only this rom and CrDroid is the problem...Can anyone send me a patch or fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BQkPczf.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Screenshots here

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation & other downloads:
    Installation:
    1. Enter to recovery mode and make a backup of your EFS & Modem (recommend).
    2. Go to the Files tab and flash "LOS17.1-Repartitioner-exynos7870.zip". The recovery will auto-reboot.
    3. Now, go to the Trash Bin and then go to the "Format data" tab, type "yes" and the tick to format data.
    4. Go to the Wipe tab, select SYSTEM, CACHE, DALVIK, VENDOR, DATA and INTERNAL STORAGE, then swipe the bar.
    5. Install the lineage-17.1-xx-UNOFFICIAL-j7y17lte.zip
    6. Install the GApps zip
    7. Install Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and wait. Without GApps, it boot in 15s. With Pico GApps, it boot on 1min 5s.
    9. Done!
    Download:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727149

Known issues:
    - Frontal camera stretched for some apps (Instagram, Snapchat & Whatsapp don't have this problem). See second post for more info.
    - LineageOS LiveDisplay
    - Frontal Flash
    - Bluetooth Calls
    - VoLTE

Sources:
    Kernel:
    github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS
    This is a ROM built from source and not a GSI!

Fix Camera stretch & force close for some camera apps
    You can do it editing /vendor/build.prop file using MiXplorer (you’ll need ROOT).
    1. Search for the line “vendor.camera.hal1.packagelist”
    2. After the = are the name of different apps. Delete one of these and put the package name of the app that you want to fix. For example, com.facebook.orca is the Facebook package name.
      • Per default, the ROM comes with Whatsapp, ZOOM, Snapchat and Instagram added. Maximum 4 Apps are allowed in this line and must be separated by comma ",".
    3. If you don’t understand, open this link to see visual steps.
    Fix Camera stuck
    Sometimes, the camera can get inaccessible if an app has crashed. If it happen, follow this:
    • Install this app. Open it and tap "Kill camera", then give it ROOT permissions. Done! Camera is working again.
      • Take in mind that if the camera is broken and you didn't do this, the audio in calls maybe not work.
    GCam
    This ROM can run GCam. Download a modded version for Exynos HERE. Thanks to Leonardo Estacio for his mod.

Games: this ROM works so good for gaming and can run ARM64 apps/games. If you feel lags, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and performance > Performance Profile and set it to High Performance.

For close, i want to give a huge thanks to @Astrako - Without him this ROM haven't be possible <3
    awesome rom, no lag, thanks for this.
    Changelog
    ===== 02-02-2021 =====
    - Initial build
    i will try. give feedback later.