• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10] DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P10 Lite

Search This thread

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P10 Lite

*** Stable Version ***

About
Code:
[CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

This rom has been edited by DarkJoker360 with some additions such as:
* Pixel UI
* Theme picker
* Fruity pebble v2.0
* AospExtended's material icons
* Google bootanimation
[/CENTER]

Working
Code:
[CENTER]* Touchscreen
* Adb / Mtp
* Audio
* Boot
* Bluethoot
* Internal/External storage
* Sensors
* Wifi  
* RIL
* Camera
* Android 10 gestures
* NFC
* FP gestures
[/CENTER]

Not Working
Code:
[CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)
[/CENTER]

Installation
Code:
[CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10-lite/development/recovery-twrp-huawei-p10-lite-t3953890"]TWRP[/URL]
* go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
* reboot to bootloader
* extract AOSP 10 zip
* run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
* reboot to TWRP
* flash root(optional)
NOTE: If you are coming from Android 9 flashing root is a MUST DO !
NOTE2: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
* reboot to System
* reboot to TWRP
* flash gapps (optional)
* reboot to System
* reboot to TWRP
* flash patch_r2.zip
NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
* reboot system
* Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
Code:
[CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
* reboot device to :  TWRP
* wipe cache & dalvik cache
* reboot to bootloader
* reboot to TWRP
* install gapps(optional)
* reboot to System
* reboot to TWRP
* install patch_r2.zip
* NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
* reboot to System
* Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
Code:
[CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P10%20Lite/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and patch_r2 fix[/URL]
[URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
[URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4882825&d=1574332554"]Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
@phhusson
@flex1911
@haky 86
@Dil3mm4
@Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P10 Lite

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: [url]http://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 10
Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
Last Updated 2020-01-02

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-24_21-02-21.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-21.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6,141
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-30.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-30.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 6,223
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-26.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-26.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 6,142
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-27.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-27.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 6,195
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-22.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-22.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 6,054
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-23.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-23.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 6,061
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-25.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-25.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 5,905
  • photo_2019-11-24_21-02-20.jpg
    photo_2019-11-24_21-02-20.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5,905
Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
FAQ.
Gapps

The recommend package at the moment is this:OpenGapps_arm64-BETA

* Flash this after first boot(with patch zip flashed) and ignore Setup Wizard errors
* Open Play Store and Log in
If you get some errors about Play Services make sure it has full permissions.

Aosp has "ugly" ui
I am sorry for giving you AOSP, hi6250 sources aren't good for other rom actually. As soon as I am able to fix these issues with other custom roms I will provide them, otherwise I will customize it starting from next build by bringing pixel styles and new apps with recent ui look.

NOTE: while inatalling gapps you can may face error 70 insufficient space error, just resize system and if the problem persist flash pico gapps !

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-25_18-02-49.jpg
    photo_2019-11-25_18-02-49.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,313
Last edited:

NeoPreacher

Dec 4, 2012
Bielefeld
Motorola Defy
Moto G5 Plus
I'm testing it right now. Flashing runs flawless. Rom runs well so far. ... More later.

First of all, I'm glad that I can use a pure aosp on this phone now. It can be used as daily driver. A cool thing is that I only needed to set device fingerprint to p8lite in magiskhideprops to fully pass safetynet. now it only needs nfc working, but I guess we need to wait for phh and his updates for now.

Two things I recognized pretty fast are GPS needs little help to get a fix, first fix needed nearly 4 minutes but then it gets fast fix but always with support (used gpstest from f-droid store) and downloads via wifi are generally (quite) slow.
Also I can't copy stuff from intern to ext sdcard.

This is not a real "bug report" as it is possible that I did something wrong, you'll never know. Just talking and see if anyone has the same issues. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Zdavid96

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
I'm testing it right now. Flashing runs flawless. Rom runs well so far. ... More later.

First of all, I'm glad that I can use a pure aosp on this phone now. It can be used as daily driver. A cool thing is that I only needed to set device fingerprint to p8lite in magiskhideprops to fully pass safetynet. now it only needs nfc working, but I guess we need to wait for phh and his updates for now.

Two things I recognized pretty fast are GPS needs little help to get a fix, first fix needed nearly 4 minutes but then it gets fast fix but always with support (used gpstest from f-droid store) and downloads via wifi are generally (quite) slow.
Also I can't copy stuff from intern to ext sdcard.

This is not a real "bug report" as it is possible that I did something wrong, you'll never know. Just talking and see if anyone has the same issues. Cheers

Thanks for reviewing, I forget to include GPS stuff, in next build it will be fixed !
Nfc is almost fixed, we got it enabling at the moment.
For sd card I will take a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoPreacher

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
I am working on to include everything in the system.img without using another zip. Do you want gapps included too?
For this time i preferred to use .img instead of a .zip format because most of TWRPs have some flashing issues. Do you want back the zip or no? I prefer no tbh, dunno about you. Let me know :)

Last edited:

NeoPreacher

Dec 4, 2012
Bielefeld
Motorola Defy
Moto G5 Plus
I am working on to include everything in the system.img without using another zip. Do you want gapps included too?
For this time i preferred to use .img instead of a .zip format because most of TWRPs have some flashing issues. Do you want back the zip or no? I prefer no tbh, dunno about you. Let me know :)

It is a good decision to leave it as system.img, you mentioned it already, no flashing issues. Included gapps would shorten the flashing procedure a little, so I would also prefer this too.

PS: i just shared the fix to simply spread the ongoing progresses a little more. A working Q build that's now passing safetynet easily and already has working nfc (temporary with fix). That's huge progress. I'm really excited of what comes up the next weeks (not to hurry :) )

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
It is a good decision to leave it as system.img, you mentioned it already, no flashing issues. Included gapps would shorten the flashing procedure a little, so I would also prefer this too.

PS: i just shared the fix to simply spread the ongoing progresses a little more. A working Q build that's now passing safetynet easily and already has working nfc (temporary with fix). That's huge progress. I'm really excited of what comes up the next weeks (not to hurry :) )

Thanks so much for beliving in me, cool stuff is coming really soon. Including a newer decent ui :)

Reactions: NeoPreacher

Copkiller2010

Apr 2, 2011
Münster
I installed this ROM on my Mate 10 Lite. Works awesome but i cant get GApps working from the 2nd Post. I didnt get the Option to enter the Email and Password. Settings already set. Any Ideas ?

NeoPreacher

Dec 4, 2012
Bielefeld
Motorola Defy
Moto G5 Plus
Does ''offline charge not working'' mean that we aren't able to charge the phone while it is turned off or when it is locked?

When it's turned off it won't charge, your phone will instead completely boot up.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I installed this ROM on my Mate 10 Lite. Works awesome but i cant get GApps working from the 2nd Post. I didnt get the Option to enter the Email and Password. Settings already set. Any Ideas ?

Tried a factory reset from twrp?

Jan 9, 2017
Hey,
I own a Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-LX1A, non-rebranded), and I followed your steps, using Askuccio's TWRP v1.0. I got it up and running, and I installed Magisk and the Android Patch, however, when I was figuring what worked and what didn't work, I took a screenshot and it said it couldn't due to storage issues, or something like that, which raised a red flag, and made me go and check how the file manager reported space, and sure enough it was reporting the +-32GB the phone had, however it was encrypted, which justified the storage issues. I did forget the GApps, which I'll install shortly to see if that was the problem. I also suspect that it can be related to the fact that I set the PIN without having used it to log in, so I'll reboot and test that out.
EDIT: Rebooted the device, entered pin, data is still encrypted

Last edited:

ghassan haddad

Apr 4, 2010
Hey,
I own a Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-LX1A, non-rebranded), and I followed your steps, using Askuccio's TWRP v1.0. I got it up and running, and I installed Magisk and the Android Patch, however, when I was figuring what worked and what didn't work, I took a screenshot and it said it couldn't due to storage issues, or something like that, which raised a red flag, and made me go and check how the file manager reported space, and sure enough it was reporting the +-32GB the phone had, however it was encrypted, which justified the storage issues. I did forget the GApps, which I'll install shortly to see if that was the problem. I also suspect that it can be related to the fact that I set the PIN without having used it to log in, so I'll reboot and test that out.
EDIT: Rebooted the device, entered pin, data is still encrypted

Same, add to that inability to sign in to Google Services. Were you able to sign in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P10 Lite

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

This rom has been edited by DarkJoker360 with some additions such as:
    * Pixel UI
    * Theme picker
    * Fruity pebble v2.0
    * AospExtended's material icons
    * Google bootanimation
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)
    [/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10-lite/development/recovery-twrp-huawei-p10-lite-t3953890"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 10 zip
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash root(optional)
    NOTE: If you are coming from Android 9 flashing root is a MUST DO !
    NOTE2: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash patch_r2.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to :  TWRP
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional)
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install patch_r2.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P10%20Lite/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and patch_r2 fix[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4882825&d=1574332554"]Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @flex1911
    @haky 86
    @Dil3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P10 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: [url]http://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-01-02
    New DarkJoker360 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Merged December 2019 patches
    * Fixed GPS
    * Rebased the code platform
    * Forced build numbers showing
    * Fixed camera from source
    * Fixed autobrightness
    * Fixed night light
    * Fixed media files not showing in 3rd apps
    * Removed patch.zip
    * Fixed overview lags
    * Improved battery life
    * Decommonized device names for BT and Hotspot
    * Included Treble app for some Huawei features such as fast charge
    * Fixed Fingerprint gestures
    * Included Pixel Themes 
    * Added Pixel UI
    * Added Fruity pebbles v2.0 accents and adapted for 10
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Removed AOSP Search app
    * Added google bootanimation
    * Used AospExtended material icons
    * Fixed NFC using a flashable zip(will be included soon via sources)

NOTE: In the Treble app you don't need to set blurry workaround since it is fixed.[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !

With this new developement platform I am working on I can garantee fastest updates and more Hi6250 devices support, the next will be supported will be Honor 6X (berlin) !

DONATIONS

FAQ.
    Gapps

The recommend package at the moment is this:OpenGapps_arm64-BETA

* Flash this after first boot(with patch zip flashed) and ignore Setup Wizard errors
    * Open Play Store and Log in
    If you get some errors about Play Services make sure it has full permissions.

Aosp has "ugly" ui
    I am sorry for giving you AOSP, hi6250 sources aren't good for other rom actually. As soon as I am able to fix these issues with other custom roms I will provide them, otherwise I will customize it starting from next build by bringing pixel styles and new apps with recent ui look.

NOTE: while inatalling gapps you can may face error 70 insufficient space error, just resize system and if the problem persist flash pico gapps !
    New DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
    [CENTER]* Merged March 2020 security patches
    * Fixed random SystemUI reboots
    * Added clock customizations in ThemePicker
    * Added new default wallaper
    * Added Snapdragon Gallery
    * Added Eleven music player from LineageOS
    * Removed buggy and old apps
    * Added DarkJoker360 versioning in Android version
    * You can add with touch QS tiles
    * You can open battery graph by touching on battery header
    * Removed advanced battery summary on battery settings
    * You can see more than 4 items in the settings menu
    * You can see app package name in app settings
    * Allowed sorting app by size in settings
    * Added animation gifs for some settings (gestures, etc.)
    * Removed OTA updater
    * Moved density options under Settings/Display from Dev settings
    * You can open app when clicking on icon in App Info
    [/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !
    I did a bit of research and it turns out the "Phone is starting" screen could be triggered by the phone encryption, and I noticed that prior to updating, the phone reported as unencrypted, yet when I update it it started saying it's encrypted...
    After some more research I did in the middle of writing this comment, I found out that the Dev doesn't own a P10 lite, and I think the P8 lite doesn't support treble, and treble-supported devices, for what I've read have a check where if the boot image isn't patched it either encrypts the data automatically OR it just sets the phone to think it's encrypted so it doesn't unlock. Point is, there's a patch to bypass this, hosted here, just scroll down to the drop down menu and pick the option "1568307485_Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip", and flash it on TWRP, that's the one that worked for me, don't know if the other one works, so feel free to try it out but there's no guarantee from my end that it will, and it might mess things even more, so use the one I'm sure works.
    After flashing that zip, the phone got updated and fully unlocked, however I believe it might be less secure now, so @DarkJoker360, if you want to look into that, please do :)

EDIT: Not sure if it's due to the patch, but now play store and lastpass crash upon startup, so there's that...

EDIT 2: Also, on the phh settings tab, there's an option for fast charging, and it states 2750mA or something close, yet my charger only states 2mA... does the extra 750mA do a big difference? Is there any chance my device could get damaged from it?