[ROM][10] DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P10 Lite

Search This thread

ttsherpa

Apr 30, 2007
Hi,

I have installed this ROM because I need rooting my old phone. Everything is working well except GPS. I have tried GPS Status and I don't get a fix.
Does anybody know any issues about GPS in this ROM? I have wiped everything twice to no avail.

Thanks

Last edited:

vBWv

Oct 15, 2020
Thank you for making this!

I have battery drain issues where the phone is constantly hot and the battery drains in a few hours, any fix?

Also I cant make phone calls, they get immediately killed.

useless789

Oct 20, 2015
Hello. As many of you knows my warsaw broke few months ago and I had to drop developments. With the big help of @jhnewa now the development of this rom and future stuff is back ! So let's wait for October update, you won't regret it :)

And also a little surprise... What do we got here? Is it the real Android 11 ?

Wow! When do you plan to release it?

janl.123

Aug 7, 2011
do not ask for eta!

Great answer. That is so helpful.

Seriously, the phone is so old and people might consider selling it if there is no update in a certain time frame. We all know he can't give us an exact date, but maybe an expected one. Does he think it'll take weeks or months, this year or next year.
There hasn't been any (visible) development for this phone for a long time so asking once for an expecting time is okay, but that's my opinion.

I think people know not to ask every week, that's why the post was unanswered until your comment...

hrki87

Apr 24, 2012
App requires external storage BUG

Hello, when i update thru google play i got this message for only 3 apps:
Google Chrome
Google
Android System Webview​

Why this "needs" external storage i got 22GB left on phone. Also Camera app requires SD Card in order to work, dont know why also :crying:

EDIT: I solved this by wipe data & internal storage thru TWRP. Now works like charm but you need to have Magisk installed before wipe data.

Last edited:

DRTY_KIWI

Nov 30, 2020
I'm running into an issue with this rom and adoptable storage.

Everything works fine when I set the SD card up as portable storage, but attempting to set it up as internal just returns an error.
Code:
Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on a null object reference.

Originally the option to set the SD card up as internal storage was disabled, but I used adb to set the "set-force-adoptable" flag to true.

Tried three different SD cards from two separate manufacturers, all with the same issue.

NeoTrantor

Aug 28, 2014
I'm also running into a boot loop. Trying to get ANY image running (including stock) for days with no success.
I unlocked by downgrading to emui 5 through hisuite, then tried several images and ended up soft-bricking the phone.
After that I followed this (german) tutorial to unbrick by flashing the latest Nougat firmware (C432B209) as mentioned in the tutorial. Eventually got the phone boot again but with that messy system version 8.0.0.046(0BUG).
Flashing this rom (or the LOS variant) leads to a bootloop. The logo shows up and then the phone restarts.
TWRP (tried several versions) has been flashed into recovery_ramdisk. Cache/dalvik/data wipe didn't help either.
This is driving me crazy!

*edit*
Well, my phone wasn't brand free - it has a vodafone branding so I flashed the wrong firmware (should have been WAS-LX1AC02 instead of WAS-LX1A432). That's why it says verison 8.0.0.046. Now I'm looking for a C02 EMUI5 service rom so I can start from scratch and de-brand because that's what the de-brand tutorials say. Or is there any other way to revive the phone?

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
You can find here my All in one gsi android 11 fix for kirin devices !

Actually I am contributing on Gsis, we fixed many bugs and now only screenrecorder is left !

boombasti

Jul 8, 2020
Hi all,
I installed the ROM some weeks ago. I have to say, it is a really nice one and it is working very well.
I just have a question regarding updates or security patches.
How I can get patches or security updates for this ROM?
On an other phone (Moto G) is Lineage OS working. There I get updates every month over the air. I thought ASOP is based on LinagesOS so the updates are working quite similar?
Every hints, links or lessons about the ROMs are very welcome.
Thx in advance
BR
Bastian

Last edited:

Rullepoelser

Jan 2, 2021
Hello I have an encrypted internal memory on my P10 Lite and the camera does not find the micro SD which is there in the file manager. What do I have to do? I've been making 2 days and a lot of new Flash. Sorry google translate

janl.123

Aug 7, 2011
Question: I was running this rom for a long time, then decided to update to another Gsi Android 11 rom. Didn't work out so I installed this rom again. Now I'm facing the problem that Netflix doesn't work anymore. I menaged to set my fingerprint so my playstore is certified and saftenet passes. However, after downloading the Netflix app through the playstore, I can log into Netflix and as soon as I press play, I get an error.
- I'm hiding Magisk
- I installed it on a work account
- I looked for liboemcrypt.so, but couldn't find it
- wiped cache & dalvik
- reinstalled Netflix (wiped everything there)
- dirty flashed this rom again

Any other solution I could try. Or why doesn't it work anymore. It worked perfectly before the flash. Do I really need to wipe everything again?

boombasti

Jul 8, 2020
Hi all,
I installed the ROM some weeks ago. I have to say, it is a really nice one and it is working very well.
I just have a question regarding updates or security patches.
How I can get patches or security updates for this ROM?
On an other phone (Moto G) is Lineage OS working. There I get updates every month over the air. I thought ASOP is based on LinagesOS so the updates are working quite similar?
Every hints, links or lessons about the ROMs are very welcome.
Thx in advance
BR
Bastian
Any news here?

xerios777

Jan 15, 2021
Hello, I installed this Rom, AOSP 10, problems with netlifx and some apps which do not seem to be available on googleplay. N26 application, some browser crashes (firefox, duckduckgo and google).
I put the patch but how do I know if it has worked.

Anyone have any solutions?

I will repost below what I put elsewhere on the forum or I have not had an answer with a little luck.

Thank you

xerios777

Jan 15, 2021
Hello everybody ! I flash my P10 lite Was-Lx1a it is full unlock (paid € 4 with DC-unlock) French-europe ok !
  • Dowgraded TWRP to 3.3.1
  • ARMv8-A / HI6250 / Kernel 4.4.23+
  • Mali-T830

I tested two rom:
- AOSP 10 (sd card problem with camera) I did not find a solution = inconclusive format - unable to take pictures.
- Lineageos 17.1 (headphone problem and unable to install Netflix ...)

I prefer the Lineageos interface! I do not know if I have correctly installed all the Gapps, please tell me, here a link so that I can compare. Thank you in advance.

I don't know how to check if the los_patches_warsaw.zip patch pack is properly installed!

Little information in "about the phone" at the bottom on "build number"
I have this error message: / preas / xxx not found in /product/hw_oem//parent_cust.cfg
I do not know if it is due to the fact that I had to swip the CUST with TWRP

About the sound on Lineageos, on speaker it's ok, but in headphones it's ok for 1 second ... too metallic and weak rendering with variations of "glitch".

- I disabled audioFX in the software, without success.
- in the menu "Phh treble Settings / misc features" i tested disable and activate "headset / headphones" option Force headset switch (huawei), without success!
And the two options "set rouded corners diameter and Set forced / faked rounded corners diameter" = I don't know the usefulness.

Alright ! If you have the tips for me, I Take it !
Thanks for your kindly and tutorials.

Before I was on Emui 8.0, updates stopped on this phone. So if you have higher custom Roms. Please give me the links.

I thank the team, you are doing a good job!

Kiss you and take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Xerios777

janl.123

Aug 7, 2011
Hi. I installed lineage Os 17.1 on my friends device as well. I also have/had your mentioned issues.
- for the sound: I didn't know there was an equalizer installed at first, so I installed an old version of viperfx (because new versions ask for Magisk 20.4). The Viper app never appeared, and sound was fuzzy still. Then I saw the equalizer, plugged in the headphones and turned it off. Now everything works.

- For Netflix: LOS wasn't going through safety net so I change the devices fingerprint. Also used an old Magisk Module for it, because the newer ones didn't show the p10 lite fingerprint. After changing it to p10lite I passed safety net. Netflix installed through playstore, yet it can't play anything. Get error 500. The only way to bypass the issues was using an old app (vers. 6). Now it plays (think it's SD only) and sometimes breaks. But it works.

- I also have an SD card issue, because according to the internet, LOS mounts it wrong or whatever. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

- Another sound bug is that after calls the audio doesn't change back to loudspeaker, so if you watch a video the sound comes from the head(ear) speaker. I downloaded an app that let's me change the audio output from headphone to loudspeaker and that fixes the problem.

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos

When trying to upload, partition error, what to do?

ok what had you try to do????

fastboot flash--->meens flashing something during phone is in fastboot mode!!!

fastboot flash recovery---->meens flash a recovery image during phone is in fastboot mode!!!

but at first its not just recovery...its recovery_ramdisk....if you try to flash a twrp or stock recovery
and second you try to flash a system.img into recovery_ramdisk!!!!

the right way should looks this way---->fastboot flash system system.img (you need not to C:\adb\system.img if the system.img is in the same folder where adb is in!!!

then the flashing process would be succesfull :)

solong
speedson

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
I'm also running into a boot loop. Trying to get ANY image running (including stock) for days with no success.
I unlocked by downgrading to emui 5 through hisuite, then tried several images and ended up soft-bricking the phone.
After that I followed this (german) tutorial to unbrick by flashing the latest Nougat firmware (C432B209) as mentioned in the tutorial. Eventually got the phone boot again but with that messy system version 8.0.0.046(0BUG).
Flashing this rom (or the LOS variant) leads to a bootloop. The logo shows up and then the phone restarts.
TWRP (tried several versions) has been flashed into recovery_ramdisk. Cache/dalvik/data wipe didn't help either.
This is driving me crazy!

*edit*
Well, my phone wasn't brand free - it has a vodafone branding so I flashed the wrong firmware (should have been WAS-LX1AC02 instead of WAS-LX1A432). That's why it says verison 8.0.0.046. Now I'm looking for a C02 EMUI5 service rom so I can start from scratch and de-brand because that's what the de-brand tutorials say. Or is there any other way to revive the phone?

Ok man you need to read and follow an Answer i give in another Tread with the same Question...

after doing you will have the latest Firmware with WAS-LX1AC432B398 what is an 8.0.0.398 with SP from 01.09.2020 and not that 8.0.0.046(0BUG-****)

good luck

solong
speedson

hwzy

Feb 1, 2021
After flashing this ROM, my WAS-AL00 (China) shows limited connection when connected to wifi. tried rebooting, resetting network, forget network and reconnect, change to unmetered network, Enable Network Provided Timezone. nothing works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which version of android do i need to unlock the bootloader???
    And on which Huawei P10 Lite does this rom work? Does it work on WAS-LX1 ???
    Oh yes, and which version of the rom should i choose for my device?
    I recommend that you first roll back to android 7 using the HiSuite utility on your pc, and then upgrade to android 8 if necessary (for this ROM you need android 8), but it is IMPORTANT THAT THE SECURITY PATCH WAS BEFORE April 1, 2018 OR BELOW (required to unlock the bootloader). Regarding the second question, yes, this phone model will do (checked by me;)) Well, the third question ... it all depends on your use case. If you are an ordinary user and the word ADB does not tell you anything, then this ROM is suitable for you, since it includes everything you need except NFC (perhaps this can be somehow fixed, but I resigned myself to the fact that it is absent). In other cases, any ROM based on android 9 pie will suit you.
    Another question, which partitions should i wipe while i'm in recovery?

- Dalvik / ART Cache
    - Cache
    - Data
    - Internal Storage
    - Product
    - System
    - Vendor
    - Micro SD card

Or should i wipe them all?

One more thing, how do i go back to the stock ROM / Firmware?
    Data--->format

the others--->wipe

then reboot to recovery--->ignore the warning of no installed OS

by take a look at the list of partition--->you must have TWRP 3.4.0.0 from Darkjoker--->in this you couldnt wipe oeminfo patition--->so go back to Stock Rom you have 2 options...

first--->restore the created backup you have create at the first step before doing any other thing but often user doesnt create a backup and so they cant restore the Stock Rom or parts of it...they have a problem (there is a solution for this)

sec--->in booting screen after the logo you must press 3 seconds Vol up to go into erecovery--->connect to a wlan and download+install the Stock Rom--->follow the steps--->reboot to system

erecovery---doesnt work if oeminfo partition was wipe by user--->so erecovery couldnt verify the needet package!!!
    Okay i guess that flashing huawei custom rom's isn't that different from other devices, so i flashed the DarkJoker360_AOSP-10_warsaw-20200304.zip file, but should i flash the patch_r2.zip and NFC fix.zip also? or are they included in the file that i flashed?
    just do it--->if they are include you just overwrite them....so its ok ;)
    i have installed TWRP 3.4.0-0. It seems to work alright, but when i try to sideload this rom, it say Invalid zip file format. I can see, in the zip there is only a system.img
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P10 Lite

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

This rom has been edited by DarkJoker360 with some additions such as:
    * Pixel UI
    * Theme picker
    * Fruity pebble v2.0
    * AospExtended's material icons
    * Google bootanimation
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)
    [/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10-lite/development/recovery-twrp-huawei-p10-lite-t3953890"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 10 zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash root(optional)
    NOTE: If you are coming from Android 9 flashing root is a MUST DO !
    NOTE2: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash patch_r2.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to :  TWRP
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional)
    * reboot to System
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install patch_r2.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC and overlays. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P10%20Lite/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and patch_r2 fix[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4882825&d=1574332554"]Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @flex1911
    @haky 86
    @Dil3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P10 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: [url]http://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-01-02
    New DarkJoker360 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Merged December 2019 patches
    * Fixed GPS
    * Rebased the code platform
    * Forced build numbers showing
    * Fixed camera from source
    * Fixed autobrightness
    * Fixed night light
    * Fixed media files not showing in 3rd apps
    * Removed patch.zip
    * Fixed overview lags
    * Improved battery life
    * Decommonized device names for BT and Hotspot
    * Included Treble app for some Huawei features such as fast charge
    * Fixed Fingerprint gestures
    * Included Pixel Themes 
    * Added Pixel UI
    * Added Fruity pebbles v2.0 accents and adapted for 10
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Removed AOSP Search app
    * Added google bootanimation
    * Used AospExtended material icons
    * Fixed NFC using a flashable zip(will be included soon via sources)

NOTE: In the Treble app you don't need to set blurry workaround since it is fixed.[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !

With this new developement platform I am working on I can garantee fastest updates and more Hi6250 devices support, the next will be supported will be Honor 6X (berlin) !

DONATIONS

New DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
    [CENTER]* Merged March 2020 security patches
    * Fixed random SystemUI reboots
    * Added clock customizations in ThemePicker
    * Added new default wallaper
    * Added Snapdragon Gallery
    * Added Eleven music player from LineageOS
    * Removed buggy and old apps
    * Added DarkJoker360 versioning in Android version
    * You can add with touch QS tiles
    * You can open battery graph by touching on battery header
    * Removed advanced battery summary on battery settings
    * You can see more than 4 items in the settings menu
    * You can see app package name in app settings
    * Allowed sorting app by size in settings
    * Added animation gifs for some settings (gestures, etc.)
    * Removed OTA updater
    * Moved density options under Settings/Display from Dev settings
    * You can open app when clicking on icon in App Info
    [/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !
    You can find here my All in one gsi android 11 fix for kirin devices !

Actually I am contributing on Gsis, we fixed many bugs and now only screenrecorder is left !
    I did a bit of research and it turns out the "Phone is starting" screen could be triggered by the phone encryption, and I noticed that prior to updating, the phone reported as unencrypted, yet when I update it it started saying it's encrypted...
    After some more research I did in the middle of writing this comment, I found out that the Dev doesn't own a P10 lite, and I think the P8 lite doesn't support treble, and treble-supported devices, for what I've read have a check where if the boot image isn't patched it either encrypts the data automatically OR it just sets the phone to think it's encrypted so it doesn't unlock. Point is, there's a patch to bypass this, hosted here, just scroll down to the drop down menu and pick the option "1568307485_Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip", and flash it on TWRP, that's the one that worked for me, don't know if the other one works, so feel free to try it out but there's no guarantee from my end that it will, and it might mess things even more, so use the one I'm sure works.
    After flashing that zip, the phone got updated and fully unlocked, however I believe it might be less secure now, so @DarkJoker360, if you want to look into that, please do :)

EDIT: Not sure if it's due to the patch, but now play store and lastpass crash upon startup, so there's that...

EDIT 2: Also, on the phh settings tab, there's an option for fast charging, and it states 2750mA or something close, yet my charger only states 2mA... does the extra 750mA do a big difference? Is there any chance my device could get damaged from it?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone