[ROM][10] DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
First start after do all steps, it try to boot, but restart after 30 seconds and i've boot loop, try many methods finds on this thread. Bootloops 3 times and goes to eRecovery. Same problems on Linege 17. I dont know what i do wrong. Also every android 8 rom don't boot.

Last edited:

cyclistefou

Apr 19, 2012
Near Lausanne
Also before changing kernels you need to format data, it's core of the phone so if you change it there is high chance of something being f#*! up. Use Official TWRP for this phone (if you use adoptable storage then use SHRP (modded and reskinned TWRP, just don't use pre-packed mods etc. they are for stock rom), keep your mind clear, and the most important BACKUP YOUR DATA!
Hello, interesting!!! Where can I find this SHRP you're talking about, and where can I find reasonably up to date instructions for doing adoptable storage with this ROM? Thanks!

micccy

Jan 12, 2016
I've been using this rom for the last 3 weeks and I love it.
I'm also using the adaptable storage, which you can activate easily in settings->storage (I don't remember the exact steps but I think It was something like "format as internal memory" in the 3 dots menu on the SD card screen. You then just select migrate data to SD)
As for the installation process, I started with a fully stock PRA-LX1, and it seems to me that you just have to follow EXACTLY the steps provided by DarkJoker360 (including the ones in FAQ post and in the other linked threads), so no additional flash needed. The only difference for me was that I needed to use Askuccio's recovery because the suggested one couldn't wipe /system
Also I really suggest using Magisk 19.3 (the 20.x one bootlooped and the 21.4 one couldn't pass SafetyNet in ANY way). With this version I was also able to fully use Google Pay and to have the phone recognised as legit in Google Play (by using an older version of ARCore, messing with a database file, and resetting google play store data while the phone was in airplane mode as suggested somewhere on this forum)
If anybody needs them, I'll provide the ARCore module file I used and the Askuccio's recovery file (as they both seem vanished from their original sources). Also I'll try to find which other threads/posts I read while trying to find the best setup if anybody needs them.
I suggest fully restoring the phone to its stock state before installing the rom to avoid ending up in untested situation (unless of course you explicitly) want to see how let's say a certain kernel behaves with this rom.
The only issue I've encountered so far is the lack of GPS, but I won't need it any time soon as we just went into a new full-scale lockdown where I live.
Very good job, hats off to the dev

Oct 9, 2018
I use the normal, most recent version of magisk on the lineage15.1 rom. The only way this works if you install magisk directly before the first boot after you installed the rom. My GUESS is that that should work for this rom as well, but others need to verify this.

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
I have followed all the steps but my phone bootloops, if I flash this and then reboot to system (without installing GAPPS nor Magisk) the phone bootloops twice and then it goes to eRecovery. Someone knows how to make it work? I'm using official TWRP.

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
I have finally successfully installed and everything is working fine. Thank you DarkJoker360.
One question, is there a way to remove the warning message on startup (see photo).

20201127_095026.jpg

Thank you

CoMiKe

Apr 9, 2010
I have followed all the steps but my phone bootloops, if I flash this and then reboot to system (without installing GAPPS nor Magisk) the phone bootloops twice and then it goes to eRecovery. Someone knows how to make it work? I'm using official TWRP.
There are 2 things that are not explained in the original post by DarkJoker and they are mandatory if you want the ROM to boot (they are explained in his second post of this thread instead):
1. Mount /vendor in TWRP and remove enctyption for /data in file /vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250
2. Install DarkJoker's magisk-phh from recovery (see the first and second post of this thread).

That way it finally booted for me.

@DarkJoker360, I think it would be great if you add those 2 steps in the original post, as most people isn't aware there was a second post of yours with additional instructions.

Good luck and best regards.

Hi at all and thanks for this rom.

I flashed it yesterday and I noticed two mayor issue.
The first is that the fingerprint reader not works. It's like it isn't recognized !
The other issue regards the storage. I reformatted the sdcard (samsung evo plus 64gb) as internal memory, reboot, and now I can still see on the storage settings the 2 type of memory separated, (even if I think it no matter) but the stranger thing is that, if I tap on external memory, the phone shows me about 66GB used over 128GB ! And here the system uses 64gb ! It's too strange. Instead of tell me the total disk of 16GB+64GB = 80GB it tell me 128GB but the system image uses 64gb that is the extra wrong added space !
Maybe it's not critical but I'm not sure if in this setup my data still secure or could be a data loss caused by the system.

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
I helped phhusson fixing camera on Huawei devices and other issues in his Android 11 gsis. For now no specific builds should be getting out but I am still working behind our beloved prague 😂

Jun 27, 2009
Dear DarkJoker360,

As said CoMiKe:
There are 2 things that are not explained in the original post by DarkJoker and they are mandatory if you want the ROM to boot (they are explained in his second post of this thread instead):
1. Mount /vendor in TWRP and remove enctyption for /data in file /vendor/etc/fstab.hi6250
2. Install DarkJoker's magisk-phh from recovery (see the first and second post of this thread).

I experienced same troubles to finally install this very good ROM, thanks a lot!

I suggest to add that in the code section where you explain how to install the first time, an explanation to extend partition size, without these steps, nobody can deploy GApps properly.

My phone is running smooth since one month, no hard battery drain, and the system is much more responsive!

I have just one last issue: Unable to activate MagiskHide, so some app detect the phone as rooted.
Magisk version 21.0 because version 19.3 not detected.

Any suggestion?

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I recently unlocked for free my p9 lite 2017 PRA-LX1 with this cool stuff, tried Open Kirin then back to stock and ended up with DarkJoker360 AOSP 10. Everything installed by instruction, official TWRP, no gapps, magisk updated to version 21.0. Unfortunately NFC fix doesn't work, ADB fixed, and Bluetooth not usable(constant crash). Apart from this bugs it's really good ROM. @DarkJoker360 thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
You can find here my All in one gsi android 11 fix for kirin devices !

Actually I am contributing on Gsis, we fixed many bugs and now only screenrecorder is left !

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
You can find here my All in one gsi android 11 fix for kirin devices !

Actually I am contributing on Gsis, we fixed many bugs and now only screenrecorder is left !

Just asking but I didn't found how to fix brightness bug, if I install havoc on this device with all your patches then max brightness is ok, but on 50% (of the slider ) is in reality backlight on 0%, happens only on some roms but still strange.

Anyway good job!

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Just asking but I didn't found how to fix brightness bug, if I install havoc on this device with all your patches then max brightness is ok, but on 50% (of the slider ) is in reality backlight on 0%, happens only on some roms but still strange.

Anyway good job!
Yes, I added the fix in gsis. It should be available on Jan gsi builds.

• Love
Reactions: DunoCZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    * VoLTE
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]You tell me
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10 telephony changes.

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must have TWRP installed (The pretoriano80 one is more compatible with Q, so I recommend it.)
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * format data
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 10 zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * flash root(optional)
    NOTE: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to recovery
    * wipe cache, dalvik cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional)
    * install NFC.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * NOTE: If you can' t see Nfc in Settings anymore re-do the steps and wipe System too.
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite%202017/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and NFC fix[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/Magisk-Phh/Releases"]Magisk Phh[/URL]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/Generic/magisk-phh-v19.3-for%2Bv218.zip/download"]Older Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @haky 86
    @DIl3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-10-09
    New DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
    [CENTER]* Updated to August 2020 Security Patches
    * Fixed the incorrect battery capacity detected
    * Fixed build id and fingerprint not being read from system
    * Fixed VoLTE (read 2nd post.)
    *Addressed kernel selinux denials
    * Addressed adbd selinux denials
    [/CENTER]

DONATIONS

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Have fun with this release, I am going to play with Android 11 beta :)
    New DarkJoker360 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Merged December 2019 patches
    * Fixed GPS
    * Rebased the code platform
    * Forced build numbers showing
    * Fixed camera from source
    * Fixed autobrightness
    * Fixed night light
    * Fixed media files not showing in 3rd apps
    * Removed patch.zip
    * Fixed overview lags
    * Improved battery life
    * Decommonized device names for BT and Hotspot
    * Included Treble app for some Huawei features such as fast charge
    * Fixed Fingerprint gestures
    * Included Pixel Themes 
    * Added Pixel UI
    * Added Fruity pebbles v2.0 accents and adapted for 10
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Removed AOSP Search app
    * Added google bootanimation
    * Used AospExtended material icons
    * Fixed NFC using a flashable zip(will be included soon via sources)

NOTE: In the Treble app you don't need to set blurry workaround since it is fixed.
    Some persolizations are missing due to my error, will fix in the next update.[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !

With this new developement platform I am working on I can garantee fastest updates and more Hi6250 devices support, the next will be supported will be Honor 6X (berlin) !

DONATIONS

FAQ.
    Q. I can't flash gapps, why?
    A. While installing gapps you can maybe face error 70,the insufficient space error. Just resize system via TWRP !

Q. My device can't pass splash screen, why?
    A. Try to install magisk, it resolve this.

Q. My device can't pass bootanimation, why?
    A. Android 10 requires data to be decrypted, this is the most cause of bootloops, look how to decrypt it in this thread , credits to its OP.

Q. How can I get VoLTE working?
    A. The VoLTE fix is just a magisk module, flash it via twrp or from magisk manager.
    HWIms-Hi6250-1.0.zip
    Thanks to all the guys from Hi6250 Community who worked on updating it to Q !

Q. I can't receive SMS notifications and alarms aren't working, why?
    A. The problem is not with our device but with messy AOSP apps (Messages and DeskClock), fix it by using Google Messages and Google Clock.

* I really recommend you to use Magisk-phh v19.3 instead of newer versions for better cpu usage and battery life.
    For all who s having issues on booting it, there may be some prague (this device) issues on booting Android 10 that i am debugging, for some it boots and for some no. I am just searching the root cause of this problem.

EDIT: Did some tests and Android 10 here is booting too...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone