[ROM][10] DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

ncc1977d

Feb 15, 2015
Is the NFC Fix file needed fior the latest version to work ?
Bootloop @ Bootanimation > Should i format Data in Huawei Recovery ?

Edit 2:
Formatted data partition in Huawei Recovery but the phone is still in a bootloop @ boot animation.
My Phone is a P8 Lite 2017 (c432) and i installed the needed TWRP from the op and followed the install instructions. What should i do ?

Edit 3:
Even with other recoverys the latest version wont boot correctly.

Last edited:

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
Hi, I remember that a couple of years (or a year ago) I made some screw ups with this phone. Supposedly I should flash the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" command but I used "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img" (maybe it is the other way around, I don't remember exactly) and after that the phone didn't wanted to boot, I got stuck in download mode and after a lot of reboots the phone finally booted into the stock ROM (I don't know why, and this has happened a couple times where the battery died and when tried to turn on the phone it booted to that blank screen and after some rebootings it booted to the ROM) and I didn't touch this phone anymore because of that screw up, so my question is, as I'm ignorant with how Huawei manages their phones, did I really screwed things up for good? I don't know what are the differences between the recovery partition and the recovery_ramdisk partition (?), I remember someone told me I shouldn't have touched the recovery partition because there is where the stock recovery is stored and that recovery should live with the TWRP one (or something like that), so that's my question. You have pointed to install a TWRP version that wasn't available the year I first tried to flash the recovery on this phone so there is any difference between those two partitions?

Should I first try to get the stock recoveries, if it is possible, which I don't think so, all I could find were OTA updates/ROMs?
The phone also has an OTA update in the queue, should I let that update to be processed or it will screw up things more because apparently I've overwritten the stock recovery?

Sorry for this looong comment.

Edit: OK, now that I remember better I think I used the command "fastboot flash erecovery recovery.img" or something with the erecovery thing.

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi, I remember that a couple of years (or a year ago) I made some screw ups with this phone. Supposedly I should flash the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" command but I used "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img" (maybe it is the other way around, I don't remember exactly) and after that the phone didn't wanted to boot, I got stuck in download mode and after a lot of reboots the phone finally booted into the stock ROM (I don't know why, and this has happened a couple times where the battery died and when tried to turn on the phone it booted to that blank screen and after some rebootings it booted to the ROM) and I didn't touch this phone anymore because of that screw up, so my question is, as I'm ignorant with how Huawei manages their phones, did I really screwed things up for good? I don't know what are the differences between the recovery partition and the recovery_ramdisk partition (?), I remember someone told me I shouldn't have touched the recovery partition because there is where the stock recovery is stored and that recovery should live with the TWRP one (or something like that), so that's my question. You have pointed to install a TWRP version that wasn't available the year I first tried to flash the recovery on this phone so there is any difference between those two partitions?

Should I first try to get the stock recoveries, if it is possible, which I don't think so, all I could find were OTA updates/ROMs?
The phone also has an OTA update in the queue, should I let that update to be processed or it will screw up things more because apparently I've overwritten the stock recovery?

Sorry for this looong comment.

Edit: OK, now that I remember better I think I used the command "fastboot flash erecovery recovery.img" or something with the erecovery thing.

recovery_ramdisk partition.
You can restore everything with dload.

moumnitaha

Mar 19, 2016

ncc1977d

Feb 15, 2015
Is the NFC Fix file needed fior the latest version to work ?
Is the Android 10 Patch file needed to work with the latest version ?

Is here anyone who had installed the latest version on P8 Lite 2017 (c432) PRA-LX1 successfully ?
When yes, i need help doing this...

Last edited:

Tech_Droid

Mar 21, 2017
Lucknow, India
Stuck at "Your device is booting now..." after flashing system.img

New AOSP 10 stable update !
https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog
Code:
[CENTER]* Merged February 2020 security patches
* Fixed previous bootloops errors
* Switched to dark bootanimation
* Fixed gapps permissions that were causing FC
* Fixed device info not being loaded and read from the system
* Fixed GPS
* Fixed BT BLE
* Fixed HWC blur via source
* Fixed GPS
* FIxed lags and ui freezes
* Improved performances
* Reverted customizations and placebo stuff of previous build
* Fixed Offline charging selinux denials[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and download !

NOTE: Message app might not send notifications and Clock alarm might give some issues, use Google Messages and Google Clock for avoiding issues for now !​

I have a Honor 8 lite (PRA-AL00X) Indian Variant having the same issue. I followed step-by-step as mentioned in the OP. I don't know much about this method of extracting and flashing .img files, but don't we need to flash a boot.img along with system.img? If not, what have I done wrong?
How will the system boot?
I have tried both the latest and first builds, still the same result.
Also, now I am not able to restore my stock twrp backup.. It is stuck at "Restoring system image"
I really love this ROM and want to try it.

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
For all who s having issues on booting it, there may be some prague (this device) issues on booting Android 10 that i am debugging, for some it boots and for some no. I am just searching the root cause of this problem.

EDIT: Did some tests and Android 10 here is booting too...

Last edited:

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
I have a Honor 8 lite (PRA-AL00X) Indian Variant having the same issue. I followed step-by-step as mentioned in the OP. I don't know much about this method of extracting and flashing .img files, but don't we need to flash a boot.img along with system.img? If not, what have I done wrong?
How will the system boot?
I have tried both the latest and first builds, still the same result.
Also, now I am not able to restore my stock twrp backup.. It is stuck at "Restoring system image"
I really love this ROM and want to try it.

i have found this error with phhusson gsi v210 also
it need to be fixed with Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019
just flash this file with twrp after you install the system.img from bootloader or TWRP
it will fix the error of "android not starting "
i have attached the file also
normally flash it with twrp as you normally install any zip file in twrp

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 105

Tech_Droid

Mar 21, 2017
Lucknow, India
just flash this file with twrp after you install the system.img from bootloader or TWRP

No.. That was not the issue, It was stuck at a bootloop, not going beyond the "Your Device is Booting Now".. I managed to get back to stock somehow, actually just by trying different TWRPs.
Thanks for the help anyway!

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Unknown
No.. That was not the issue, It was stuck at a bootloop, not going beyond the "Your Device is Booting Now".. I managed to get back to stock somehow, actually just by trying different TWRPs.
Thanks for the help anyway!

When you dirty flash it over the booting version then you have the "android is starting" problem.

ncc1977d

Feb 15, 2015

With your file Android 10 in now finally booting right. :D
Right now im restoring my google Account, after that i will test the latest version of this rom. :angel:

Edit:
Bad launcher, nearly no customization options, no access to the external sdcard, no Sound files (cannot set ringtones ect. cause no sound files are available) ect.
I´m changing now again to AOSPE 6.6, till maybe someone makes an A10 AOSPE rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    * VoLTE
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]You tell me
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10 telephony changes.

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must have TWRP installed (The pretoriano80 one is more compatible with Q, so I recommend it.)
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * format data
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 10 zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * flash root(optional)
    NOTE: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to recovery
    * wipe cache, dalvik cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional)
    * install NFC.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * NOTE: If you can' t see Nfc in Settings anymore re-do the steps and wipe System too.
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite%202017/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and NFC fix[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/Magisk-Phh/Releases"]Magisk Phh[/URL]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/Generic/magisk-phh-v19.3-for%2Bv218.zip/download"]Older Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @haky 86
    @DIl3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-10-09
    New DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
    [CENTER]* Updated to August 2020 Security Patches
    * Fixed the incorrect battery capacity detected
    * Fixed build id and fingerprint not being read from system
    * Fixed VoLTE (read 2nd post.)
    *Addressed kernel selinux denials
    * Addressed adbd selinux denials
    [/CENTER]

DONATIONS

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Have fun with this release, I am going to play with Android 11 beta :)
    New DarkJoker360 update !

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Merged December 2019 patches
    * Fixed GPS
    * Rebased the code platform
    * Forced build numbers showing
    * Fixed camera from source
    * Fixed autobrightness
    * Fixed night light
    * Fixed media files not showing in 3rd apps
    * Removed patch.zip
    * Fixed overview lags
    * Improved battery life
    * Decommonized device names for BT and Hotspot
    * Included Treble app for some Huawei features such as fast charge
    * Fixed Fingerprint gestures
    * Included Pixel Themes 
    * Added Pixel UI
    * Added Fruity pebbles v2.0 accents and adapted for 10
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Removed AOSP Search app
    * Added google bootanimation
    * Used AospExtended material icons
    * Fixed NFC using a flashable zip(will be included soon via sources)

NOTE: In the Treble app you don't need to set blurry workaround since it is fixed.
    Some persolizations are missing due to my error, will fix in the next update.[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !

With this new developement platform I am working on I can garantee fastest updates and more Hi6250 devices support, the next will be supported will be Honor 6X (berlin) !

DONATIONS

FAQ.
    Q. I can't flash gapps, why?
    A. While installing gapps you can maybe face error 70,the insufficient space error. Just resize system via TWRP !

Q. My device can't pass splash screen, why?
    A. Try to install magisk, it resolve this.

Q. My device can't pass bootanimation, why?
    A. Android 10 requires data to be decrypted, this is the most cause of bootloops, look how to decrypt it in this thread , credits to its OP.

Q. How can I get VoLTE working?
    A. The VoLTE fix is just a magisk module, flash it via twrp or from magisk manager.
    HWIms-Hi6250-1.0.zip
    Thanks to all the guys from Hi6250 Community who worked on updating it to Q !

Q. I can't receive SMS notifications and alarms aren't working, why?
    A. The problem is not with our device but with messy AOSP apps (Messages and DeskClock), fix it by using Google Messages and Google Clock.

* I really recommend you to use Magisk-phh v19.3 instead of newer versions for better cpu usage and battery life.
    For all who s having issues on booting it, there may be some prague (this device) issues on booting Android 10 that i am debugging, for some it boots and for some no. I am just searching the root cause of this problem.

EDIT: Did some tests and Android 10 here is booting too...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone