[ROM][10] DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

ronnie92

Mar 5, 2020
Hello,
Thanx for this ROM!

I have some issue.
1. Stock cam (and other like MX Camera, Google Camera) or GoldenDict cant to start because cant to get access to SD card. But SD card is writable via file managers.
2. Internal memory is not writable via file managers.
3. Cant install some apps via Google Play. Downloading stuck at 99%.

How to fix it?

Thank you.
formate data in trwp for decrypte phone and that work

Reactions: AdUser

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
Hi, I followed all the instructions of the first post but I'm stuck with bootloop on a new installation from stock rooted emui 8.1 (or 8.0, right now I don't remember which one of the two). I even flashed Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019 of this post but nothing changed :crying:

Anyone can help? Thanks
if you are getting bootlooped even after the flash of file
then install the original firmware
and after that install the gsi
and flash the file

if you dont want to do that
then just flash the vendor img of your firmware and apply this patch
it will work after that

rajaumarfarooq

Jan 10, 2010
Rawalpindi
Maybe I am an idiot but

what file? Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019?

Again, what file?

And again, what patch?

Can you point me out where I can find the vendor image and this "patch"? Thank you

i am attaching the zip file to be installed by twrp
and for vendor image you can find from stock firmware
you have to extract it from update.app file
i have mate 10 lite so i cant help you with vendor image

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: Ripper_92

Ripper_92

Jul 10, 2010
i am attaching the zip file to be installed by twrp
and for vendor image you can find from stock firmware
you have to extract it from update.app file
i have mate 10 lite so i cant help you with vendor image

Ok, I retrieved vendor image by myself, however I didn't resolved, I had still the bootloop. I tried to flash only the vendor and the patch, redid all the instruction of the first post, I even flashed the original vendor, then edited the line of fstab manually and redid the wipe/flash and I still had the bootloop.

Then I tried another approach, I reset the phone with the erecovery tool, flashed twrp from bootloader, on twrp patched vendor image, resized system, installed the aosp 10, gapps, magisk and the patch, and I finally was able to start correctly the system.

artus777

Oct 13, 2017
for Format sd as Internal you need root and adb
in adb type :
Code:
adb shell
su (If there's a password, put there)
sm set-force-adoptable on
sm list-disks adoptable (copy the return)
sm partition (paste here) private
exit
it's done ;)

Reactions: Momin8454

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
for Format sd as Internal you need root and adb
in adb type :
Code:
adb shell
su (If there's a password, put there)
sm set-force-adoptable on
sm list-disks adoptable (copy the return)
sm partition (paste here) private
exit
it's done ;)
Yep but before that you have to flash dm verity + decrypter patch and format data, after it works like a charm even from settings without adb, im using sdcard for photos, downloads and big apps and as recovery shrp (only this twrp can read my sdcard properly.)

Alguerto

Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys

firs of all, thanks darkjoker for the beatiful rom! I firstly installed it on my pra-lx1 and all worked perfectly, then I triedd installing some other roms (failing) and now that I have came back to aosp I have problems with internal and external storage: my internal storage seems full when it is not and I cannot write on it (but with playstore I can install apps :S); I can't write anything on the sd either

I tried format data and resize system partion using twrp, any other ideas?

godofgame2500

Mar 23, 2020
Play store issue

Hi i installed the rom but i i have an issue with play store, basically it let me install some apps but others no (it doesnt end to install them or it throw the error "the app require external storage"), at beggining i installed pico Gapps then i changed to nano but i didnt solved the problem, any solution?

pat1664

Dec 29, 2008
Hello,
Congratulations on this great work, we have been waiting for it for a long time. I am very interested in this ROM and I tried to use it.
My major problem is that... I can't take call (phone is not ringing, no notification) despite call is in progress. I also can't call. When I dial a number, the call is immediately ended, even though my correspondent's phone rings. If he rejects the call on his voice mail, call continue without sound. Data network works well.
Otherwise NFC does not work (despite flashing the patch) and I cannot use SD card as internal memory (notified as incompatible card).
What do you think about it? Sorry for my english :eek:)
Pat.

madkoe

Jan 27, 2007
Hello,
Congratulations on this great work, we have been waiting for it for a long time. I am very interested in this ROM and I tried to use it.
My major problem is that... I can't take call (phone is not ringing, no notification) despite call is in progress. I also can't call. When I dial a number, the call is immediately ended, even though my correspondent's phone rings. If he rejects the call on his voice mail, call continue without sound. Data network works well.
Otherwise NFC does not work (despite flashing the patch) and I cannot use SD card as internal memory (notified as incompatible card).
What do you think about it? Sorry for my english :eek:)
Pat.

Same for me. Cannot make calls, nor receive them.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Some additional bits: even with other call app calls doesn't work. I think it is something related to "Call Management" app.

Last edited:

brackenhill_mob

Aug 3, 2005
Berkhamsted
@DarkJoker360 Just wanted to say thanks and let you know that I'm running this on an Honor 6X and it works brilliantly including calls!. I was resigned to using phhusson's Lineage 16 GSi as his quack doesn't do calls so I'm really happy. The phone is much quicker than stock too which is a major bonus.

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
New DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
[CENTER]* Updated to July 2020 Security Patches
* Rewritten lights hal
* Fixed low brightness
* Added Dalvik-heap configuration
* Enabled cpu optimizations
* FIxed BT media playback issues
* Fixed "OK Google" enrollment
* Updated GPS configurations
* Fixed Offline Charging
[/CENTER]

DONATIONS

Check OP for more info and downloads !​

brackenhill_mob

Aug 3, 2005
Berkhamsted

Boot loops for me

It doesn't seem to reset boot image - when I put the previous version back it boots and Magisk is still present. Is this normal? Energy other GSi I've used causes Magisk to be removed.

So what boot image do I need? The one from stock of the one installed having used the Magisk uninstaller?

Thanks

lucsi

Oct 1, 2006
Boot loops for me

It doesn't seem to reset boot image - when I put the previous version back it boots and Magisk is still present. Is this normal? Energy other GSi I've used causes Magisk to be removed.

So what boot image do I need? The one from stock of the one installed having used the Magisk uninstaller?

Thanks

Mine is running well.
the same process to install Linage 3/2020 version. Wipe everything, then flash system.image, resize partition, flash gapps.
flash magisk phh, patch and fix encryption

brackenhill_mob

Aug 3, 2005
Berkhamsted
Mine is running well.
the same process to install Linage 3/2020 version. Wipe everything, then flash system.image, resize partition, flash gapps.
flash magisk phh, patch and fix encryption
I spent most of yesterday working on this as I spotted that there was another July update. I reverted to stock and booted so /data was formatted properly then did as you did except I didn't resize the partition as I install gapps after the first boot.

Would resizing make any difference? I assume not but worth asking...?

Anyway no joy. I don't get to see the rom's boot animation - it just shows the warning screen then goes black then reboots so I can't get a logcat

Went back to the March version without any problem using the above stock/install rom routine.

I had a similar problem with my Honor V10 and phhusson's v218 and v219. V220 and v221 worked fine so hopefully a future version will work for this phone.

lucsi

Oct 1, 2006
I spent most of yesterday working on this as I spotted that there was another July update. I reverted to stock and booted so /data was formatted properly then did as you did except I didn't resize the partition as I install gapps after the first boot.

Would resizing make any difference? I assume not but worth asking...?

Anyway no joy. I don't get to see the rom's boot animation - it just shows the warning screen then goes black then reboots so I can't get a logcat

Went back to the March version without any problem using the above stock/install rom routine.

I had a similar problem with my Honor V10 and phhusson's v218 and v219. V220 and v221 worked fine so hopefully a future version will work for this phone.
after we flashed the system.img, the partition is not enough for gapps. i always get error flashing gapps until i am done resizing it.
I got reboot first time, then it boot. For the first time setup i couldnot enter finger print, but it works after restarting.
Now it runs perfectly.
Mine is Gr5 2017 aka Honor 6x.
waiting Dark Joker 360 to find the way to get it pass ctsProfile

Jan 16, 2018
Error

The rom does not start me, only the warning screen is shown, the May version if it works well for me, if there was a solution to the error of the July version, I would greatly appreciate it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    * VoLTE
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]You tell me
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10 telephony changes.

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must have TWRP installed (The pretoriano80 one is more compatible with Q, so I recommend it.)
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * format data
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 10 zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * flash root(optional)
    NOTE: Flash only the Magisk zip linked in this post !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to recovery
    * wipe cache, dalvik cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional)
    * install NFC.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * NOTE: If you can' t see Nfc in Settings anymore re-do the steps and wipe System too.
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite%202017/Android-10/"]DarkJoker360 AOSP 10 and NFC fix[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/Magisk-Phh/Releases"]Magisk Phh[/URL]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/Generic/magisk-phh-v19.3-for%2Bv218.zip/download"]Older Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @haky 86
    @DIl3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x,bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2019-11-24

Created 2019-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-10-09

https%3A%2F%2Fbsmedia.business-standard.com%2F_media%2Fbs%2Fimg%2Farticle%2F2019-08%2F23%2Ffull%2F1566531179-9526.jpg

Changelog

Code:
    [CENTER]* Updated to August 2020 Security Patches
    * Fixed the incorrect battery capacity detected
    * Fixed build id and fingerprint not being read from system
    * Fixed VoLTE (read 2nd post.)
    *Addressed kernel selinux denials
    * Addressed adbd selinux denials
    [/CENTER]

DONATIONS

Check OP for more info and downloads !

Have fun with this release, I am going to play with Android 11 beta :)
    New DarkJoker360 update !

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Merged December 2019 patches
    * Fixed GPS
    * Rebased the code platform
    * Forced build numbers showing
    * Fixed camera from source
    * Fixed autobrightness
    * Fixed night light
    * Fixed media files not showing in 3rd apps
    * Removed patch.zip
    * Fixed overview lags
    * Improved battery life
    * Decommonized device names for BT and Hotspot
    * Included Treble app for some Huawei features such as fast charge
    * Fixed Fingerprint gestures
    * Included Pixel Themes 
    * Added Pixel UI
    * Added Fruity pebbles v2.0 accents and adapted for 10
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Removed AOSP Search app
    * Added google bootanimation
    * Used AospExtended material icons
    * Fixed NFC using a flashable zip(will be included soon via sources)

NOTE: In the Treble app you don't need to set blurry workaround since it is fixed.
    Some persolizations are missing due to my error, will fix in the next update.[/CENTER]

Check OP for more info and downloads !

With this new developement platform I am working on I can garantee fastest updates and more Hi6250 devices support, the next will be supported will be Honor 6X (berlin) !

DONATIONS

FAQ.
    Q. I can't flash gapps, why?
    A. While installing gapps you can maybe face error 70,the insufficient space error. Just resize system via TWRP !

Q. My device can't pass splash screen, why?
    A. Try to install magisk, it resolve this.

Q. My device can't pass bootanimation, why?
    A. Android 10 requires data to be decrypted, this is the most cause of bootloops, look how to decrypt it in this thread , credits to its OP.

Q. How can I get VoLTE working?
    A. The VoLTE fix is just a magisk module, flash it via twrp or from magisk manager.
    HWIms-Hi6250-1.0.zip
    Thanks to all the guys from Hi6250 Community who worked on updating it to Q !

Q. I can't receive SMS notifications and alarms aren't working, why?
    A. The problem is not with our device but with messy AOSP apps (Messages and DeskClock), fix it by using Google Messages and Google Clock.

* I really recommend you to use Magisk-phh v19.3 instead of newer versions for better cpu usage and battery life.
    For all who s having issues on booting it, there may be some prague (this device) issues on booting Android 10 that i am debugging, for some it boots and for some no. I am just searching the root cause of this problem.

EDIT: Did some tests and Android 10 here is booting too...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone