Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
- May 28, 2014
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_motorola_osprey
- Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_motorola_merlin
- Kernel source code: LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Battery LED
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- HW crypto
- Nothing (?)
Compatible with all MotoG3 variants. (XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550)
Compatible with all MotoG3 Turbo variants(XT1556 and XT1557)
- SourceForge (last nightly build)
Download (unofficial builds) Download AFH (old builds)
- No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.
- Reboot to recovery
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Install LineageOS zip package
- Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
- * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
- GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
- Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.
Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
DONATIONS : Paypal
[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [osprey/merlin], ROM for the Moto G 2015
althafvly, Chil360, squid2
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916
ROM OS Version: Android 10
Based On: Lineage
Last Updated 2020-06-12