[ROM][10] hadesRom Q v1.0 for Exynos S8 / S8+ / Note8 [26.12.2020]

Search This thread

HiQual

Sep 9, 2017
Crowthorne, UK
I figured out the problem, the fix was re-partitioning via odin. But now I couldn't flash TWRP, if I did so the first problem would appear again. Now I have stock everything, I would like to install TWRP again but with multiple failures I quit, I'll comeback to it when I got bored of stock. Do you have any suggestions?
I had problems using current versions of TWRP.
Reverting to TWRP 3.3.1-1 solved my S8 G950F flashing issues.
Good luck.

Vector17-Darkroom

Nov 26, 2012
Spain
telescopius.com
As the friend HiQual comments that version 3.3.1-1 works for him, 3.5.0_9-0 works perfect for me.
If we have our device RooTed we can update using the official TWRP app directly without the need to flash it ourselves.

Sample: Video sample to update our TWRP from oficial app
Link to Google Store

This rom is really very successful and it is worth trying it. It is a great job from the developer, the effort that goes into doing a great job like this HadesRom Q v1.0 is really awesome and no user should be deprived of enjoying a great job like this.

Reactions: stonedpsycho

BMR8622

May 7, 2017
The rom is beautiful one as it revived my s8 plus after such a long time... feels like i'm using the new device from Samsung. All credit goes to the developer. The only issue so far is the speaker (i have not installed dual speaker mod). Speaker sound is very distorted and low quality. I hope it will be fixed in next update. Else everything is working fine. Very good performance and battery so far. Thumbs up👍🏻👍🏻

Shuhan44

Dec 25, 2017
This is a great rom, no doubt.. but let's be honest guys, this rom is not going to have any update anymore.

The dev is clearly focusing on other phone's now (see his github & telegram activities) and he has not replied a single post on this thread after the initial release post in December 2020.

..so best solution is to follow few workarounds given by the users and be happy with whatever this highly potential but dead rom has to offer.

Last edited:

Snowers96

• Jan 25, 2012
    This is a great rom, no doubt.. but let's be honest guys, this rom is not going to have any update anymore.

The dev is clearly focusing on S10 now (see his telegram activities) and he has not replied a single post on this thread after the initial release post in December 2020.

..so best solution is to follow few workarounds given by the users and be happy with whatever this highly potential but dead rom has to offer.
    Stop talking nonsense, see the Github repositorie, he is active.

stonedpsycho

Dec 12, 2012
    London

The dev is clearly focusing on S10 now (see his telegram activities) and he has not replied a single post on this thread after the initial release post in December 2020.

The developer maintains a number of devices. The truth is v2 is being worked on but it is not a priority, their life is.

lakhssas

• Oct 25, 2019
    Lakhssas
    Hello, although this is not really a topic on Hades I'm sorry if this is not permitted to be posted here but I'm really in need of help.

Recently I flashed stock via ODIN ( G950FXXSBDUA3_G950FOXMBDTJ1_SIN ) formerly was using a Hades ROM.

My S8 has 64gb of storage but after flashing stock my storage is capped to 16gb, I have tried using date n time then factory reset method but never succeed.

I tried flashing stock with odin multiple times but still to no avail. Now I tried flashing to Hades Q rom, but my internal storage still stayed the same.

How can i fix this? Thanks
    You Crazy to flash phone with another model firmware ... you will get a bricked device

to fix your problem flash officiel firmware + PIT file + check Re-partition in ODIN

ACardAttack

Aug 10, 2013

He doesnt post here, but telegram and github are active

kingozilla

Sep 12, 2020
    Saudi Arabia
    but let's be honest guys, this rom is not going to have any update anymore.
    Note 8 era have ended, I remember in the first release in 2017 how the mass media and high advertisements everywhere. But just in 2 years, no update anymore.
    Honestly I liked the LineageOS, it's a great and light and uptodate always. But its problem is the lack of the system apps, you have to download an alternative version for every app like: Gallery , Calculator , File manager , Video player...
    And be honest, these apps Samsung is always the best company in such a things.

nico444164

May 8, 2011
    Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime? Won't let me log in.

"Sign in failure - We encountered a problem trying to sign in to your account"

If I go under settings>accounts and tap on Prime, it just doesn't open anything. I'm using RAD kernel on s8+.

Reactions: AlianB-R

msegmx

Nov 1, 2009
    Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime? Won't let me log in.

"Sign in failure - We encountered a problem trying to sign in to your account"

If I go under settings>accounts and tap on Prime, it just doesn't open anything. I'm using RAD kernel on s8+.

Never had any problems with Prime. I don't use a custom kernel. Log out of everything, clear cache, uninstall, install, try again..?

lil_1cy

May 9, 2021
    All is working propertly (VoLTE is working too(i tested))°.
    In this rom i found a good feature (4k60, 2k60 (in one ui is only 4k30 & 2k30)).
    AOD is working perfect, edge light ir working too.
    Contactless payment is working too, NFC is working.
    You can make stereo sound (by default its mono).
    Bluetooth audio is working by default, no problem with that.
    HDR screen is working too (in youtube in settings i didnt found hdr, but i think that its working).
    LDAC with sony headphones is working.
    Screen recording is working by default good.
    There is some screenshots from ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-035020_One UI Home.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035020_One UI Home.jpg
      37.5 KB · Views: 95
    • Screenshot_20210509-035033_One UI Home.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035033_One UI Home.jpg
      325.1 KB · Views: 94
    • Screenshot_20210509-035045_One UI Home.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035045_One UI Home.jpg
      128 KB · Views: 96
    • Screenshot_20210509-035103_Camera.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035103_Camera.jpg
      92.3 KB · Views: 94
    • Screenshot_20210509-035121_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035121_Settings.jpg
      121.5 KB · Views: 91
    • Screenshot_20210509-035124_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035124_Settings.jpg
      134.6 KB · Views: 86
    • Screenshot_20210509-035235_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035235_Settings.jpg
      113.6 KB · Views: 87
    • Screenshot_20210509-035245_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-035245_Settings.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 94
    Reactions: bobrobsom

thuyettv97

Aug 17, 2020
    All is working propertly (VoLTE is working too(i tested))°.
    In this rom i found a good feature (4k60, 2k60 (in one ui is only 4k30 & 2k30)).
    AOD is working perfect, edge light ir working too.
    Contactless payment is working too, NFC is working.
    You can make stereo sound (by default its mono).
    Bluetooth audio is working by default, no problem with that.
    HDR screen is working too (in youtube in settings i didnt found hdr, but i think that its working).
    LDAC with sony headphones is working.
    Screen recording is working by default good.
    There is some screenshots from ROM.
    Hello, how to enable stereo sound? :D

Fgjgagyyd

May 13, 2017
    Note 8 N950F
    Guys I really need help.. Apps are detecting the Magisk even with doing the full steps of hiding, and the Safetynet is 100%. I tried all of my available ways to hide the root from apps but I couldn't
    I tried to re-install the rom with the minimum settings and the bank apps are not working (I think because of the hKtools bloatware) So I forced to re-magisked the device to remove hKtools then remove the magisk again.. But after I removed the hKtools the device stuck in logo. So I went to my Laptop and went to the Rom zip and searched for the hKtools file and I removed it and I re-flashed the Rom and yes it worked with me and hKtools wasn't exist.. But bank apps still doesn't work😢 I re-magisked the device and solved the Safetynet and and and but the bank apps still doesn't work.
    Honestly I can confidently say the times I tried to re-install the rom can pass 15 times easily. I maybe have another way to test but I just got exhausted and don't want to waste more time in the worthless tests. I know maybe 15 tries number feels just a noob compared to the veteran of testing here but umm
    Thank you for your time.
    You re not the only one. This is the only reason why i went back to pie. Bank app detects root no matter what i do and trust me i did everything.

Reactions: kingozilla

kingozilla

Sep 12, 2020
    Saudi Arabia
    no matter what i do and trust me i did everything.
    I think for a one who rooted his device and installed TWRP and even switch between roms, I think we have to assume directly that for any problem he have that he have tested all of the common senses solutions, like hiding Magisk. Not like an average user who maybe sometimes tell someone the code that the Whatsapp asked him for it (easily hacking).
    But honestly as the problems here are a lot, and maybe even the experienced ones maybe miss some intuitive step, they have the right to ask the one about these steps. For me, I recorded a video to shorten the matter.

lil_perv

Jul 17, 2019
    Are there any workarounds for the adressed issues? What are the best settings for responseviness, performance and ram management in the hktweaks app?

Last edited:
    Reactions: evilDAVE123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Have you anybody some information about future of this ROM? I have visited GitHub after long time and there is 0 open issues and @corsicanu have status "Out of order". I'm only interesting, if project will continue or not.
      Thank you for your response
      So I will wait for the new update of this ROM on 15 June
      one question
      As a user - are you satisfied with this ROM?
      Yes i am satisfied. Join hade telegram group. You can get answer to all of your questions and problem there.
      Will Samsung health software be installed and run?
      Please ROM users respond to this
      It is necessary for me
      thanks.
      s8
      But didn't download this version now. Bcz v2 is coming around 15 june. Download that version and set-up your phone after that v2 update
      Sometimes Hadesrom Started Lagging any solution for this. Plz Help me out with this issue.
      It's a known issue, we will have to wait for an update from the devs. Until then try to apply some workarounds like the low memory kill patch in the hk tweaks app or uninstalling some apps you don't need, it seems to help a bit.
      Hmm, good idea - Telegram support channel - Invite link is expired. So, it seems, leaving this ROM on my device was good decision 🤨
      Hmm this group looks working (hadesRom Support Group): https://t.me/joinchat/GXycO0hXAOnl1o5mUmp9mw

Someone asked on April 23 about updates
      (comments section of the post - hadesRom Updates and Info of December 27, 2020), was answered that if there were any they would appear on the channel
      Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

xpROhLq.png

Some personal thoughts:

You are not allowed to use this base, aroma, or any parts of it for your own "ROM". if you want to make a Q port, "DIY"
      Any sort of kang will be reported without hesitation..

This project is here only because of heavy collaboration of my brother @ananjaser1211 who spent very much of his precious time on bringing this port into a decent state, so make sure to send him some love via paypal.

If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me a treat via paypal or press 'Like' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;

You should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read FAQ post below;

Rom Features
      Only for G950F / G950N / G955F / G955N / N950F / N950N
      • Android 10
      • Full N960FXXS6FTK3 port - December release
      • Full Samsung OneUI 2.5 Experience
      • Properly optimised for S8 / S8+ and Note 8 with their own separate configurations
      • December security patch
      • Heavy debloated/deknoxed
      • RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
      • hadesKernel
      • Redesigned Aroma Installer
      • Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
      • Selectable Bootanimations
      • Selectable Bloatware (Game launcher/tools, Dictionary, Reminder, Video, Digital Wellbeing, ANT+, Google Assistant, Chrome, LiveCaptions, Flipboard, Upday and Sim Toolkit)
      • Selectable Smart Manager (International / Chinese)
      • Selectable SamsungDaily (BixbyHome) , Bixby Voice, Bixby Vision and routines
      • Bixby Key remapping
      • 1120 Fonts Mod
      • Google Fonts
      • GoodLock Manager patched to work in all countries
      • AdAway and Vanced Manager
      • Duos + sdCard Patch
      • Patched reboot button to reboot to recovery on long press
      • Patched settings to show status Official
      • Dual Messenger patched for all user apps
      • Patched SecureFolder and Knox WorkProfile
      • Camera - enabled recording [email protected] & [email protected] with no recording time limit
      • Enabled some csc features (extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.)
      • Removed extra product bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
      • hadesKernel v2.0
        - *95*FXXUDDTH1 August security patch source
        - upstreamed to 4.4.248 (stable linux kernel)
        - Patches for Android Q
        - compiled with custom GCC-11.x
        - Fully Permissive
        - blu_active CPU governor
        - other compiler optimizations
        - F2FS Support
        - disabled audit, excessive debugging, logging, knox, proca, defex, rkp, tima, root restriction, unused governors, io schedulers, compression algorithms, TCP congestion algorithms and more
        - added Moro sound control
        - added boeffla wakelock blocker with a default list of wakelocks for better battery
        - Enabled ZRAM with latest LZ4 Compression algorithm and disabled Samsung swap
        - Adjust swappiness with specific configs for S8 / S8+ / N8
        - Added LED fade mod
        - added crc toggle
        - added wireguard support
        - Added support for DexOnPC
        - dex with any hdmi adapter
        - Disable excessive DVFS and tune GPU
        - Apply IRQ Patches and improvments
        - Disable excessive UHQ upscaler drain
        - Reduce MIF Frequency

Installation steps
      If you are installing on S8/S8+ or any of Korean variants - SELECT LESS BLOATWARE OR THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
      • Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+)
      • Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
      • Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
      • Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings
      • Boot the phone into TWRP
      • Do a FULL wipe: Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System
        Warning: Dirty flash is not recommended, even if coming from previous version of hadesRom, due to base firmware and android version being different some testers faced issues, do it under your own risk and avoid reporting issues if you dirty flashed!
      • Flash ROM and boot (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
      • uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard

How about bugs and/or issues and/or requests?
      • First read existing issues and the F.A.Q below to ensure its not a duplicate
      • Properly report issues by submitting an issue on GitHub
      • provide as much info as possible so the issue is not ignored / closed

Bugs at release:
      • Common - Iris
      • Common - Some camera modes
      • Common - HRM sensor as selfie button
      • Note 8 - flashlight intensity
        Due to the nature of this rom being a port from a different soc and these bugs being 95% hardware related, the above features have been disabled/hidden with a very small chance of succeeding in fixing them.

Credits
      • @ananjaser1211, a modest mofo, for listening all my sh*t all the time, getting a Note8 to help me finish this port and working on it ever since, narrowing down the bug list and simply being there always available to contribute
      • DaN and Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden) for awesome bootanimations
      • @Cvolton for fixing device MAC issues, 4K/60fps camera mod and other contributions
      • @thereassaad, @yash92duster, @AbrahamGC, @Grouxho @fOmey for mods and ideas
      • @PerfectSlayer for best adblocker for android (imo)
      • @vanced team for all their work for best Youtube experience
      • @Winb33 for 1120 font pack
      • testers & donors
        *please pm me if i forgot someone

Source Code:
      Reserved

Changelog and downloads:
      hadesRom Q OneUI v1.0
      MD5: 95d76afbea023e342c1941b9855dd104
      SHA-1: A9482B4D96ED73B59803DA8B2850E8CFFD5A0C8C
      * Make sure to verify the hash of the file you downloaded to avoid issues such as not being able to boot / zip corrupt VerifyHash for Windows or Hash Checker for Android

Misc links
      We hope you all enjoy this release, it has been a ton of work to get it where its at, and we hope in the future it will be even better. make sure to leave your feedback and report any feature request or bugs in the linked github issues page so we can track them.

Have fun!
      Screenshots:
      Imgur album: Embedded images:
      Screenshot_20201226-132030_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132036_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132041_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132048_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132058_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132116_Good Lock.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132128_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132200_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132214_Wallpapers.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132224_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132322_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132336_Vanced Manager.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132358_One UI Home.jpg
      FAQ
      Q: Phone is showing YYY model but my phone is ZZZ model, is that normal?
      A: Yes, that is very normal and very intented. Do not change it or you will break features.

Q: Why OEM toggle is missing in this rom?
      A: I disabled it to be sure nobody gets locked by mistake.

Q: Magisk app not showing, what to do?
      A: Download latest Magisk Manager from here and install as normal app.

Q: My phone shows locked because "Payment services was uninstalled without authorization", how to get rid of it?
      A: Unfortunately you need to reflash rom, no wipe needed. Also don't try to debloat the rom again or you will have same issue.

Q: Installation failed, what to do now?
      A: First of all make sure you have the pointed twrp. If the problem persists try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer. If you still have the problem, probably your device is not supported.

Q: How to report bugs?
      A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
      -device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
      -detailed info about the encountered issue
      -steps to reproduce the bug
      -logs

Q: How to take logs?
      A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
      A: Make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes?
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer and/or make sure you use the pointed TWRP and/or make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: How to format data partition?
      A:
      ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is asking to reboot because sim changed, what should i do?
      A: Reboot once and see if it appears again. If yes reboot again.

Q: Phone asks to wipe data because operator changed, should i wipe?
      A: Try to cancel and just reboot. If you can't do that or the popup still appear, reflash the rom and wipe in Aroma installer.