Help... after using V2 for almost a week and after I even replaced my battery, this custom rom still fcking eats a ton of battery especially noticeable when I play games on a "very low" [yes it is freaking low] brightness setting while playing ML AND even when I let the phone off (sleep), I still see a huge 10% reduction when I wake up early in the morning so I can't help it but think that custom rom (especially the custom kernel) have a very huge role in this battery draining issue! BTW, I use S8 exynos phone and it has a 3000mah battery that could last up to 10h but not on this custom rom. tf dev pls fix it!
Nope it is definitely the kernel causing such drain because when I return back to stock rom with a different custom kernel (A2N), I noticed that I have much longer battery life and MUCH LONGER GAME TIME (almost 5 hours! Mind you) so yeah it is the kernel's at fault!
Android q+oneui 2.5(this rom) is different than p+oneui 1.0(stock),a newer version of android and oneui may cause more power usage.If you need the best battery life,just flash aosp-like roms(ex.lineage os)Nope it is definitely the kernel causing such drain because when I return back to stock rom with a different custom kernel (A2N), I noticed that I have much longer battery life and MUCH LONGER GAME TIME (almost 5 hours! Mind you) so yeah it is the kernel's at fault!
I did a clean install of the rom with no debloat. However, neither the Smart Manager is found on the device nor the AppLock, and also not in the Advanced Features section. I have just downloaded the Smart Manager apk but it could not be installed.
Let me recollect, in aroma installer there is an option to select either from 2 smart manager. If you are not able to find the app lock in the chosen smart manager, try reinstalling the rom with other smart manager, the one you did not chose beforeI did a clean install of the rom with no debloat. However, neither the Smart Manager is found on the device nor the AppLock, and also not in the Advanced Features section. I have just downloaded the Smart Manager apk but it could not be installed.
So, it'd be so nice if there is a solution for getting/using the App Lock? Or, if it's my mistake, I'd be happy to see the step that I didn't take right.
This makes sense.
The reason that this can become problematic is that Bluetooth and WiFi devices tend to operate within an almost identical frequency range, which is around 2.4 Gigahertz. You can find several methods to fix this on the google
VoWIFI is workingI'm considering flashing this ROM, it's looking really promising.
Please can anyone confirm the following:
Any other quirks?
- Does wifi-calling work?
- Does call recording capture your voice and caller's voice clearly?
- Do stock S-Pen features work?
- Do your banking/financial apps work fine with/without root?
- Is wifi-hotspot stable?
hadesRom Q v2.0 Changelog:
- Rebase N960FXXS9FUH1 August security patch
- Cumulative fixes and changes since December 2020
- Merged samsung security patches since v1
- Fix missing audio effects (charging audio etc
- Switch to Note10/Note9 Audio selection in aroma
- Fix SoundTheme selector
- Fix Bootanimation issues/selection
- fix earpiece clipping noise
- update goodlock
- remove left-over files in rom
- Use custom soundparam by @Muroi for enchanced audio
- significantly improve camera stability
- fix some S8 issues with DPI/scaling
- use custom LMK config for S8 to fix ram issues
- Dont Enable ADB Debugging by default
- add props to improve HWC
- fix USB audio
- Avoid issues caused by broken Superslowmo snap driver
- add 2x zoom button on s8/s8+
- Update Routines to fix FC
- Update SamsungDaily
- Add CHC, KTC, LUC, SKC , COO And ARO CSC packs
- Remove Force RCS as people dont seem to realize it needs carrier and reciver support
- Remove VancedManager due it being very frequently updated
- Fix issues with power/thermal HAL that caused lag and performance degredation
- Fixed SmartStay
- Fixed bluetooth calls issues
- Fix HDR profile for camera
- Added Outdoor mode toggle in settings
- Removed some leftover files to save 100MB in system
- Fix a bug that caused the device to freeze / lag when camera is being used
- Fix S8/S8+ Random 10~15sec freezing
- Add calculator directly in the rom
- Add storage booster directly in the rom
- Update Device model name
- Disable unsupported Audio features
- Fix Auto brightness in direct sunlight
- Improve safetynet hiding without magisk
- Fix installation issues on newer TWRPs (3.5.1)
- Fix a bug that caused some wired headphone to play weird noises
- Updated CSC/Network features to June
- Fix "Hi Bixby" and "Ok Google" hotwords for Assistant
- Fix IRIS sensor and make it work in secure folder and other places
- Fix capture with HeartRate sensor
- Fix face detection box in selfie mode
- Enable selective focus in selfie (experimental)
- Fix Telephoto camera activation zoom level (now activates at 2.0x instead of 2.4x)
- Support more NFC card types (Mifare plus Thanks @pavlon333)
- Fix-up some audio issues occuring in games with mic
- adjust audio configs / HAL to the most compatible with stock
- increase earpiece volume in calls so it is not too quiet
- Reduce wired headphone mic volume in calls because it was too loud
- Cleanup some of the broken constant logging services
- Update to latest chinese smart manager with more features
- Add Manage App Data (enable/disable network)
- Use latest Dynamic lock screen wallpaper to pick more categories
- Disable High Brightness Warning
- Disable High Volume Warning
- Update Safetynet Fix to bypass recent GMS restrictions
hadesKernel v2.5.1 Changelog:
- Upstream linux 4.4.283
- Improve safetynet hiding to let more apps work
- Remove IRQ tweaks that caused extra heat
- Reduce extra logging spam
- Improve PM QoS
- Optimize touch interrupt usage
- Fix massive performance and battery issues
- Fix Random freezes and lags on S8/S8+
- Set default I/O to CFQ
- keep interactive as default gov
- Upstream binder, EXT4, lmk and net to latest google
- Fixed IPV6 connection
- Fixed issues with SWAP values on S8
- Updated kernel to latest OSRC source drop (DUD1)
- Backport few QQ changes from S9
- Fix issues with charging and battery
- Enable DriveDroid support
If you are installing on S8/S8+ or any of Korean variants - SELECT LESS BLOATWARE OR THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
- Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+)
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
- Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
- Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings
- Boot the phone into TWRP
- coming from hadesRom Q v1.0, no wipe is needed
- coming from any other setup than hadesRom, full wipe is mandatory - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (or select wipe in Aroma options)
- Flash ROM and boot (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
- uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard
How about bugs and/or issues and/or requests?
- First read existing issues and the F.A.Q from first page to ensure its not a duplicate
- Properly report issues by submitting an issue on GitHub
- provide as much info as possible so the issue is not ignored / closed
Bugs at release:
- Common - Some camera modes (live focus, super slow motion)
- Common - Permissive kernel (needed to for hw mismatch)
- Common - Encryption (internal/external storage encryption is broken)
- Common - Flashlight intensity (due to fixing iris)
Due to the nature of this rom being a port from a different soc and these bugs being 95% hardware related, the above features have been disabled/hidden with a very small chance of succeeding in fixing them.
- Drive #2
*note that i am using link shortening services for statistics, by downloading the rom using the links provided you agree with this