It's best that he takes all the time it takes to remove all the bugs and possibly add some missing features.
What about the sound? Are you using the dual speaker mod?Those lags were killing the whole experience, so I went back and no regrets since. Hades 12 is perfect as a daily driver.
For swipe controls, I use "Navigation Gestures (Paid version)" which provides better gestures than the Android 10 native ones anyway.
"Button Mapper" works like a charm, remapping the Bixbi button no problem.
Battery life is great, neither better nor worse than Hades 13.
The ONLY downside is old security updates. So, there's that.
Ok, I'm only not sure if i should flash the horizon rom or hades rom.I used this rom for over a year in the past and never had a sound problem. Then I switched to Hades 13 and went back to Hades 12 with a fresh install. I must have done something wrong during installation, so the sound is a bit low. It'll do until Hades 13 fixes all of its problems (if ever). Besides, using headphones eliminates the problem.
Alright then, I will most likely downgrade to pie soon again. Thanks for the help.They don't update Hades 12 anymore, maybe horizon is a better option. I never used Horizon.
I just checked some threads about dual speaker mods, it comes down to modifying two files (mixer_gains.xml and mixer_paths.xml), which are both modified on my phone. So I have the dual sound mod active.
I will have to install another rom and compare speaker volume during calls to be sure.
Btw, sound is great when listening to music. It's just during calls I barely hear the other side.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Some personal thoughts:
You are not allowed to use this base, aroma, or any parts of it for your own "ROM". if you want to make a Q port, "DIY"
Any sort of kang will be reported without hesitation..
This project is here only because of heavy collaboration of my brother @ananjaser1211 who spent very much of his precious time on bringing this port into a decent state, so make sure to send him some love via paypal.
If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me a treat via paypal or press 'Like' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
You should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read FAQ post below;
Only for G950F / G950N / G955F / G955N / N950F / N950N
- Android 10
- Full N960FXXS6FTK3 port - December release
- Full Samsung OneUI 2.5 Experience
- Properly optimised for S8 / S8+ and Note 8 with their own separate configurations
- December security patch
- Heavy debloated/deknoxed
- RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
- Redesigned Aroma Installer
- Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
- Selectable Bootanimations
- Selectable Bloatware (Game launcher/tools, Dictionary, Reminder, Video, Digital Wellbeing, ANT+, Google Assistant, Chrome, LiveCaptions, Flipboard, Upday and Sim Toolkit)
- Selectable Smart Manager (International / Chinese)
- Selectable SamsungDaily (BixbyHome) , Bixby Voice, Bixby Vision and routines
- Bixby Key remapping
- 1120 Fonts Mod
- Google Fonts
- GoodLock Manager patched to work in all countries
- AdAway and Vanced Manager
- Duos + sdCard Patch
- Patched reboot button to reboot to recovery on long press
- Patched settings to show status Official
- Dual Messenger patched for all user apps
- Patched SecureFolder and Knox WorkProfile
- Camera - enabled recording [email protected] & [email protected] with no recording time limit
- Enabled some csc features (extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.)
- Removed extra product bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
- hadesKernel v2.0
- *95*FXXUDDTH1 August security patch source
- upstreamed to 4.4.248 (stable linux kernel)
- Patches for Android Q
- compiled with custom GCC-11.x
- Fully Permissive
- blu_active CPU governor
- other compiler optimizations
- F2FS Support
- disabled audit, excessive debugging, logging, knox, proca, defex, rkp, tima, root restriction, unused governors, io schedulers, compression algorithms, TCP congestion algorithms and more
- added Moro sound control
- added boeffla wakelock blocker with a default list of wakelocks for better battery
- Enabled ZRAM with latest LZ4 Compression algorithm and disabled Samsung swap
- Adjust swappiness with specific configs for S8 / S8+ / N8
- Added LED fade mod
- added crc toggle
- added wireguard support
- Added support for DexOnPC
- dex with any hdmi adapter
- Disable excessive DVFS and tune GPU
- Apply IRQ Patches and improvments
- Disable excessive UHQ upscaler drain
- Reduce MIF Frequency
If you are installing on S8/S8+ or any of Korean variants - SELECT LESS BLOATWARE OR THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
- Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+)
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
- Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
- Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings
- Boot the phone into TWRP
- Do a FULL wipe: Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System
Warning: Dirty flash is not recommended, even if coming from previous version of hadesRom, due to base firmware and android version being different some testers faced issues, do it under your own risk and avoid reporting issues if you dirty flashed!
- Flash ROM and boot (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
- uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard
How about bugs and/or issues and/or requests?
- First read existing issues and the F.A.Q below to ensure its not a duplicate
- Properly report issues by submitting an issue on GitHub
- provide as much info as possible so the issue is not ignored / closed
Bugs at release:
- Common - Iris
- Common - Some camera modes
- Common - HRM sensor as selfie button
- Note 8 - flashlight intensity
Due to the nature of this rom being a port from a different soc and these bugs being 95% hardware related, the above features have been disabled/hidden with a very small chance of succeeding in fixing them.
- @ananjaser1211, a modest mofo, for listening all my sh*t all the time, getting a Note8 to help me finish this port and working on it ever since, narrowing down the bug list and simply being there always available to contribute
- DaN and Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden) for awesome bootanimations
- @Cvolton for fixing device MAC issues, 4K/60fps camera mod and other contributions
- @thereassaad, @yash92duster, @AbrahamGC, @Grouxho @fOmey for mods and ideas
- @PerfectSlayer for best adblocker for android (imo)
- @vanced team for all their work for best Youtube experience
- @Winb33 for 1120 font pack
- testers & donors
*please pm me if i forgot someone
It has something to do with thermal management. When phone reaches 70 to 75°C charging current is dropped to further reduce heat. I experienced this as well. Maybe it's a bug in thermal sensor or thermal management.Just tried out and found out something wrong with charging with this V2 new release. So my cable has a watt indicator display and it would always around 7-12 Watt on fast charging. But i don't know sometimes after a while or when the phone went hot, the indicator dropped and went to 1 Watt but it said fast charging still on notification but the batteries not increasing afterall however it went down like it wasn't on fast charging, and if i unplugged it and plugged it in again, the indicator still showed 1 Watt, but it'll be fine again if i reboot my phone and not using my phone while i'm charging it. my charger works fine with the other S8 that's on stock rom still. Is it just me or anybody else has the same issue as me? Anyways this rom run very smooth and amazing afterall. heads down, amazing work!
I just activated app lock by putting this in cscfeature.xml of my current active CSC
You have some options : + Hidden file, pic... (Secure Folder)