[ROM][10] hadesRom Q v3.0 for Exynos S8 / S8+ / Note8 [04.02.2022]

Search This thread

GuiTess

Apr 9, 2011
Rio Grande
Urgent warning... i have lost two motherboards after changed the NFC options from "automatic" to "Android sistem". I dont know if this is the cause of the hardware damege, but the developer can look at this

• Wow
Reactions: Snowers96

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

xpROhLq.png

Some personal thoughts:

You are not allowed to use this base, aroma, or any parts of it for your own "ROM". if you want to make a Q port, "DIY"
Any sort of kang will be reported without hesitation..

This project is here only because of heavy collaboration of my brother @ananjaser1211 who spent very much of his precious time on bringing this port into a decent state, so make sure to send him some love via paypal.

If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me a treat via paypal or press 'Like' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;

You should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read FAQ post below;

Rom Features
Only for G950F / G950N / G955F / G955N / N950F / N950N
  • Android 10
  • Full N960FXXS9FUH1 port - August 2021 release
  • Full Samsung OneUI 2.5 Experience
  • Properly optimised for S8 / S8+ and Note 8 with their own separate configurations
  • August security patch
  • Heavy debloated/deknoxed
  • RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
  • hadesKernel
  • Redesigned Aroma Installer
  • Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
  • Selectable Bootanimations
  • Selectable Bloatware (Game launcher/tools, Dictionary, Reminder, Video, Digital Wellbeing, ANT+, Google Assistant, Chrome, LiveCaptions, Flipboard, Upday and Sim Toolkit)
  • Selectable Smart Manager (International / Chinese)
  • Selectable SamsungDaily (BixbyHome) , Bixby Voice, Bixby Vision and routines
  • Bixby Key remapping
  • 1120 Fonts Mod
  • Google Fonts
  • GoodLock Manager patched to work in all countries
  • AdAway and Vanced Manager
  • Duos + sdCard Patch
  • Patched reboot button to reboot to recovery on long press
  • Patched settings to show status Official
  • Dual Messenger patched for all user apps
  • Patched SecureFolder and Knox WorkProfile
  • Camera - enabled recording UHD@60fps & QHD@60fps with no recording time limit
  • Enabled some csc features (extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.)
  • Removed extra product bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
  • v2.0 exclusives:
    - Fix "Hi Bixby" and "Ok Google" hotwords for Assistant
    - Fix IRIS sensor and make it work in secure folder and other places
    - Fix capture with HeartRate sensor
    - Fix face detection box in selfie mode
    - Fix Telephoto camera activation zoom level (now activates at 2.0x instead of 2.4x)
    - Update Safetynet Fix to bypass recent GMS restrictions
    - Support more NFC card types (Mifare plus Thanks @Pavlon333)
    - Fix-up some audio issues occuring in games with mic
    - Fix SoundTheme selector
    - Fix Bootanimation issues/selection
    - fix earpiece clipping noise
    - adjust audio configs / HAL to the most compatible with stock
    - increase earpiece volume in calls so it is not too quiet
    - Reduce wired headphone mic volume in calls because it was too loud
    - Cleanup some of the broken constant logging services
  • hadesKernel v2.5.*:
    - latest sourcecode released by samsung
    - upstreamed to 4.4.283 (stable linux kernel)
    - Patches for Android Q
    - compiled with custom GCC-12.x
    - Fully Permissive
    - blu_active CPU governor
    - other compiler optimizations
    - F2FS Support
    - disabled audit, excessive debugging, logging, knox, proca, defex, rkp, tima, root restriction, unused governors, io schedulers, compression algorithms, TCP congestion algorithms and more
    - added Moro sound control
    - added boeffla wakelock blocker with a default list of wakelocks for better battery
    - Enabled ZRAM with latest LZ4 Compression algorithm and disabled Samsung swap
    - Adjust swappiness with specific configs for S8 / S8+ / N8
    - Added LED fade mod
    - added crc toggle
    - added wireguard support
    - Added support for DexOnPC
    - dex with any hdmi adapter
    - Disable excessive DVFS and tune GPU
    - Apply IRQ Patches and improvments
    - Disable excessive UHQ upscaler drain
    - Reduce MIF Frequency- Improve safetynet hiding to let more apps work
    - Remove IRQ tweaks that caused extra heat
    - Reduce extra logging spam
    - Improve PM QoS
    - Optimize touch interrupt usage
    - Fix massive performance and battery issues
    - Fix Random freezes and lags on S8/S8+
    - Set default I/O to CFQ
    - keep interactive as default gov
    - Upstream binder, EXT4, lmk and net to latest google
    - Fixed IPV6 connection
    - Fixed issues with SWAP values on S8
    - Updated kernel to latest OSRC source drop (DUD1)
    - Backport few QQ changes from S9
    - Fix issues with charging and battery
    - Enable DriveDroid support

Installation steps
If you are installing on S8/S8+ or any of Korean variants - SELECT LESS BLOATWARE OR THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
  • Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+)
  • Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
  • Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
  • Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings
  • Boot the phone into TWRP
    - coming from hadesRom Q v1.0, no wipe is needed
    - coming from any other setup than hadesRom, full wipe is mandatory - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (or select wipe in Aroma options)
  • Flash ROM and boot (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
  • uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard

How about bugs and/or issues and/or requests?
  • First read existing issues and the F.A.Q below to ensure its not a duplicate
  • Properly report issues by submitting an issue on GitHub
  • provide as much info as possible so the issue is not ignored / closed

Bugs at release of v2.0:
  • Common - Some camera modes (live focus, super slow motion)
  • Common - Permissive kernel (needed to for hw mismatch)
  • Common - Encryption (internal/external storage encryption is broken)
  • Common - Flashlight intensity (due to fixing iris)
    Due to the nature of this rom being a port from a different soc and these bugs being 95% hardware related, the above features have been disabled/hidden with a very small chance of succeeding in fixing them.

Credits
  • @ananjaser1211, a modest mofo, for listening all my sh*t all the time, getting a Note8 to help me finish this port and working on it ever since, narrowing down the bug list and simply being there always available to contribute
  • DaN and Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden) for awesome bootanimations
  • @Cvolton for fixing device MAC issues, 4K/60fps camera mod and other contributions
  • @thereassaad, @yash92duster, @AbrahamGC, @Grouxho @fOmey for mods and ideas
  • @PerfectSlayer for best adblocker for android (imo)
  • @vanced team for all their work for best Youtube experience
  • @Winb33 for 1120 font pack
  • testers & donors
    *please pm me if i forgot someone

Source Code:

amazing work thank you.

i found 2 bugs:
first one hdmi audio out its not working on dex on tv wont detect external audio
second one whe screen on phone is on and dex on tv is on then phone is very slow

thank you

Huguep

Feb 20, 2021
amazing work thank you.

i found 2 bugs:
first one hdmi audio out its not working on dex on tv wont detect external audio
second one whe screen on phone is on and dex on tv is on then phone is very slow

thank you
Yep, no hdmi audio :/

When you are in dex mode, leave the apps menu opened. It help with the speed

hass57khan

Jan 20, 2017
@corsicanu (peace blessing of God) could be grateful to you for this from my previous rom(no more over heating) but I must depend on stock s8 as it is wrong to pressure into updating phone continously, however I flashed stock but phone stuck on "Safe Mode" please direct whether I need to do more to return s8 to original?

hass57khan

Jan 20, 2017
@corsicanu (peace blessing of God) could be grateful to you for this from my previous rom(no more over heating) but I must depend on stock s8 as it is wrong to pressure into updating phone continously, however I flashed stock but phone stuck on "Safe Mode" please direct whether I need to do more to return s8 to original?
I meant with XDA...hope you fully understand. Thanks to Allah.

Traxes

Oct 4, 2021
Oh Man thank you so much!!! I considering staying on Hades Pie for this reason lol. This worked right away.

maxi65

Dec 28, 2014
Faisalabad
Salam!
I am having an issue with SAMSUNG PAY, it keep saying Failed to connect to server, Try again later.
Any way to fix this?

Stefan2231

Dec 22, 2021
The rom is awesome, but have some problem,burst mod in the camera does not work, they say burst mode is not available in low light, but it's the day, and the dual speaker mod, needs more sound polishing, overall is good, really good.
Thank you, and try to fix these problems soon as posible.

dimangelid

Feb 4, 2010
Athens
www.leoforeia.gr
I am interested on trying this rom. Currently I have the latest Alexisrom with Android 9.

If I install this rom and decide later to install another rom with lower Android version (for example the Alexisrom I have now) , is this possible? Or I can not go back to a lower Android version?

GuiTess

Apr 9, 2011
Rio Grande
I am interested on trying this rom. Currently I have the latest Alexisrom with Android 9.

If I install this rom and decide later to install another rom with lower Android version (for example the Alexisrom I have now) , is this possible? Or I can not go back to a lower Android version?
Is a great rom, you can downgrade to alexisrom easily... But with this rom I have lost two motherboards in a short time, I don't know if the problem is related to this rom, but whit a new motherboard (third) I've installed the Soldier9312s ROM. For me is the best rom for our phone, without any bug nor lag...

Reactions: Fabri.avr

dimangelid

Feb 4, 2010
Athens
www.leoforeia.gr
Is a great rom, you can downgrade to alexisrom easily... But with this rom I have lost two motherboards in a short time, I don't know if the problem is related to this rom, but whit a new motherboard (third) I've installed the Soldier9312s ROM. For me is the best rom for our phone, without any bug nor lag...
Thanks for the notification! I just saw your message a few posts before mine...

Although S8 is now my second phone, I don't want to risk destroying it. I will stick with Alexisrom, it is very stable and I have no issues.

Reactions: GuiTess

Fabri.avr

Dec 14, 2016
Es una gran rom, puedes degradar a alexisrom fácilmente ... Pero con esta rom he perdido dos placas base en poco tiempo, no sé si el problema está relacionado con esta rom, pero con una nueva placa base (tercera) He instalado la ROM Soldier9312s. Para mi es la mejor rom para nuestro teléfono, sin ningún bug ni lag .

It's is Oreo Rom, ( Soldier9312s) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

xpROhLq.png

Some personal thoughts:

You are not allowed to use this base, aroma, or any parts of it for your own "ROM". if you want to make a Q port, "DIY"
    Any sort of kang will be reported without hesitation..

This project is here only because of heavy collaboration of my brother @ananjaser1211 who spent very much of his precious time on bringing this port into a decent state, so make sure to send him some love via paypal.

If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me a treat via paypal or press 'Like' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;

You should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read FAQ post below;

Rom Features
    Only for G950F / G950N / G955F / G955N / N950F / N950N
    • Android 10
    • Full N960FXXU9FUK2 port - November 2021 release
    • Full Samsung OneUI 2.5 Experience
    • Properly optimised for S8 / S8+ and Note 8 with their own separate configurations
    • November security patch
    • Heavy debloated/deknoxed
    • RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
    • hadesKernel
    • Redesigned Aroma Installer
    • Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
    • Selectable Bootanimations
    • Selectable Bloatware (Game launcher/tools, Dictionary, Reminder, Video, Digital Wellbeing, ANT+, Google Assistant, Chrome, LiveCaptions, Flipboard, Upday and Sim Toolkit)
    • Selectable Smart Manager (International / Chinese)
    • Selectable SamsungDaily (BixbyHome) , Bixby Voice, Bixby Vision and routines
    • Bixby Key remapping
    • 1120 Fonts Mod
    • Google Fonts
    • GoodLock Manager patched to work in all countries
    • AdAway and Vanced Manager
    • Duos + sdCard Patch
    • Patched reboot button to reboot to recovery on long press
    • Patched settings to show status Official
    • Dual Messenger patched for all user apps
    • Patched SecureFolder and Knox WorkProfile
    • Camera - enabled recording UHD@60fps & QHD@60fps with no recording time limit
    • Enabled some csc features (extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.)
    • Removed extra product bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
    • v3.0 exclusives:
      - Rebase N960FXXU9FUK2 November 2021 security patch
      - Fix S8+ Installation issue that caused animation / fonts to not be installed
      - Fix *#0*# Test menu
      - Properly fix Selfie face detection box
      - Add non modified Dual messenger if not picked in aroma
      - Add back missing AppLock
      - Slight re-work of Audio system to prevent weird notification issues
      - Slight improvment to AudioFX to prevent bass from clipping speaker
      - Fix Wide Selfie, Panorama And Burstshot camera modes
      - Fix a bug that caused some CSCs to not be able to increase media volume
      - Downgrade to Android Q Bixby Routines to fix a crash in brightness (data will be cleared)
      - Properly fix telephoto camera
      - Fix a bug that caused zoomed photos to be green on note 8
      - Enable back Audio encoding in slowmotion videos
      - Revert zoom slider fixes for better handling
      - Reduce headphone boost in aroma by a bit to avoid hissing
      - Fix IRIS unlock/enroll preview system-wide
      - Remove Broken Selective Focus
      - Fix flashlight shortcut in lockscreen
      - Add back LED cover support (thanks @einstein16)
      - Fix-up missing NFC firmware for S8/S8+/N8
      - Add custom Audio tune by ABM (Muroi)
      - Restore old DynamicLockscreen app to fix Lockstar
      - Increase wired headphone mic volume
      - Remove problematic RAM configs for S8/S8+
      - Add Stock WiFi firmware for Korean models
      - Update GoodLock manager to latest at release
    • hadesKernel v2.5.18:
      - Upstream Linux 4.4.302
      - Revert Few S8/S8+ Changes that attributed to random heat
      - Upstream Sony Driver for improved PS4 Controller support
      - Set default torch (Flashlight) level to max
      - Fix DriveDroid support
      - Reduce SWAP rate on S8/S8+

Installation steps
    If you are installing on S8/S8+ or any of Korean variants - SELECT LESS BLOATWARE OR THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
    • Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+)
      - coming from hadesRom Q v2.0, no wipe is needed
      - coming from any other setup than hadesRom, full wipe is mandatory - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (or select wipe in Aroma options)

• First read existing issues and the F.A.Q below to ensure its not a duplicate

Bugs at release of v2.0:
    • Common - Flashlight intensity
      Due to the nature of this rom being a port from a different soc and these bugs being 95% hardware related, the above features have been disabled/hidden with a very small chance of succeeding in fixing them.

Credits
    • @ananjaser1211, a modest mofo, for listening all my sh*t all the time, getting a Note8 to help me finish this port and working on it ever since, narrowing down the bug list and simply being there always available to contribute
    • DaN and Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden) for awesome bootanimations
    • @Cvolton for fixing device MAC issues, 4K/60fps camera mod and other contributions
    • @thereassaad, @yash92duster, @AbrahamGC, @Grouxho @fOmey for mods and ideas
    • @PerfectSlayer for best adblocker for android (imo)
    • @vanced team for all their work for best Youtube experience
    • @Winb33 for 1120 font pack
    • testers & donors
      *please pm me if i forgot someone

Source Code:
    Changelog and downloads:

hadesRom Q OneUI v3.0

hadesRom Q OneUI v1.0
    MD5: 95d76afbea023e342c1941b9855dd104
    SHA-1: A9482B4D96ED73B59803DA8B2850E8CFFD5A0C8C
    * Make sure to verify the hash of the file you downloaded to avoid issues such as not being able to boot / zip corrupt VerifyHash for Windows or Hash Checker for Android

Misc links
    We hope you all enjoy this release, it has been a ton of work to get it where its at, and we hope in the future it will be even better. make sure to leave your feedback and report any feature request or bugs in the linked github issues page so we can track them.

Have fun!
    Screenshots:
    Imgur album: Embedded images:
    Screenshot_20201226-132030_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132036_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132041_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132048_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132058_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132116_Good Lock.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132128_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132200_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132214_Wallpapers.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132224_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132322_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132336_Vanced Manager.jpgScreenshot_20201226-132358_One UI Home.jpg
    The time has come, under 2022 as well, another big update is here.
    After 5 months of struggle we managed to narrow down few more bugs, rebase and deliver another version of this Note9 port.
    We expect this release to be better than v2 and we wish that by fixing more bugs we will provide you a better daily experience, or convince you to upgrade your Android version if you're not using this rom yet.

Once again my brother @ananjaser1211 had a major contribution to this release, without his fresh ideas we probably wouldn't be here (again).
    If you like what we do you can always send us some feedback or motivate us via https://paypal.me/ananjaser1211 or https://paypal.me/corsicanu.

As we said before, we say it again - we will not tolerate any kind of kang, either it's aroma, fixes, kernel or others parts of our work, any other Android 10 rom will be suspected for kang and deeply investigated for reporting evidences.

Enjoy!

hadesRom Q v3.0 Changelog:
    • Rebase N960FXXU9FUK2 November 2021 security patch
    • Fix S8+ Installation issue that caused animation / fonts to not be installed
    • Fix *#0*# Test menu
    • Properly fix Selfie face detection box
    • Add non modified Dual messenger if not picked in aroma
    • Add back missing AppLock
    • Slight re-work of Audio system to prevent weird notification issues
    • Slight improvment to AudioFX to prevent bass from clipping speaker
    • Fix Wide Selfie, Panorama And Burstshot camera modes
    • Fix a bug that caused some CSCs to not be able to increase media volume
    • Downgrade to Android Q Bixby Routines to fix a crash in brightness (data will be cleared)
    • Properly fix telephoto camera
    • Fix a bug that caused zoomed photos to be green on note 8
    • Enable back Audio encoding in slowmotion videos
    • Revert zoom slider fixes for better handling
    • Reduce headphone boost in aroma by a bit to avoid hissing
    • Fix IRIS unlock/enroll preview system-wide
    • Remove Broken Selective Focus
    • Fix flashlight shortcut in lockscreen
    • Add back LED cover support (thanks @einstein16)
    • Fix-up missing NFC firmware for S8/S8+/N8
    • Add custom Audio tune by ABM (Muroi)
    • Restore old DynamicLockscreen app to fix Lockstar
    • Increase wired headphone mic volume
    • Remove problematic RAM configs for S8/S8+
    • Add Stock WiFi firmware for Korean models
    • Update GoodLock manager to latest at release

hadesKernel v2.5.18 Changelog:
    • Upstream Linux 4.4.302
    • Revert Few S8/S8+ Changes that attributed to random heat
    • Upstream Sony Driver for improved PS4 Controller support
    • Set default torch (Flashlight) level to max
    • Fix DriveDroid support
    • Reduce SWAP rate on S8/S8+

Install instructions:
      - coming from hadesRom Q v2.0, no wipe is needed

• First read existing issues and the F.A.Q from first page to ensure its not a duplicate

Bugs at release:
    • Common - Flashlight intensity

Downloads:

Misc links