[ROM][10][Laurel Sprout] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/10/07]

Search This thread

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
Anyone willing to check if night mode is there under developer options?
If it is there must be an auto function or....
if you can just command "adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 0" changes the wide system to auto sunset/sunrise?
Will help a lot.
Doing that it will make your system wide setting to become an auto feature.

Regards

Last edited:

prakaship78

May 30, 2018
Lucknow
Anyone willing to check if night mode is there under developer options?
If it is there must be an auto function or....
if you can just command "adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 0" changes the wide system to auto sunset/sunrise?
Will help a lot.
Doing that it will make your system wide setting to become an auto feature.

Regards
No option in developer mode
Only dark mode is present in display settings

logician1729

Oct 12, 2019
Bengaluru
Pixel Experience simple flasher

I'm not sure if I should just post in this thread or create a guide thread but here goes -
For anyone who is interested in a simpler install: (Will work on mac os and linux, I don't use windows much, but I'm sure someone knowledgeable can make flash.bat similar to flash.sh in this zip)

Make sure you have fastboot and adb installed globally

1. Download the file
2. Unzip, open terminal at unzipped folder
3. Run `./flash.sh` (This flashes the rom files, recovery.img and stays on fastboot)
4. Hold power button + volume up for 15-20 seconds to reboot into recovery
5. Follow instructions in post_flash.txt to i) flash boot.img ii) flash recovery.zip iii) flash magisk.zip iv) flash patch_no_fde10.zip

I just signed up so not able to attach url properly, you can copy the link text from below and paste in browser to get the file -

drive.google.com/file/d/1PhP214uTZIL5XvurG4Knk72mVwAfC26S/view

Last edited:

prakaship78

May 30, 2018
Lucknow
I'm not sure if I should just post in this thread or create a guide thread but here goes -
For anyone who is interested in a simpler install: (Will work on mac os and linux, I don't use windows much, but I'm sure someone knowledgeable can make flash.bat similar to flash.sh in this zip)

Make sure you have fastboot and adb installed globally

1. Download the file
2. Unzip, open terminal at unzipped folder
3. Run `./flash.sh`
4. Follow instructions in post_flash.txt to i) flash boot.img ii) flash recovery.zip iii) flash magisk.zip iv) flash patch_no_fde10.zip

I just signed up so not able to attach url properly -

drive.google.com/file/d/1PhP214uTZIL5XvurG4Knk72mVwAfC26S/view?usp=sharing
Nice for this script but link not opening

logician1729

Oct 12, 2019
Bengaluru
U shared whole file along with your script

Well yes I moved the boot img out of the pixel experience folder to post_flash folder so that it's easier and you have to use less commands. Also it has magisk 20(latest).
Just `adb push ./post_flash /sdcard` for all post install required files.

I created this for myself after getting the phone just today for ease. So simply recompressed with all rom files, and uploaded.
TBH the useful file here is the script to make sure I don't mess up the initial rom flashing

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I just flashed and I've one issue - fingerprint shows up but doesn't respond to finger at all even for setting up. I reflashed stock fastboot rom just before this 2nd flash to verify it's working in stock.
Should I not be clearing data when after flashing?

UPDATE: everything working, great rom.

Last edited:

grandmarnier

Sep 15, 2012
Don't think it's an official version but it's a great and stable rom. Using it since 3 days now with literally no problems!!! Everything works perfectly and the battery life had been great like. I highly reccomend this rom.

hsejar

Feb 22, 2016
ROM is working great.. new gestures are more natural..

installation guide should've been more explanatory for beginners like me. took some time to figure out that rom zip file need to be unzipped and move the img files to adb folder to flash them.. couldn't understand why cant we flash the zip file with TWRP like we do most of the times

adaptive brightness is still misfiring. it was same in stock rom but its still not perfect surprisingly

phone keeps locking even in trusted place or when a trusted bluetooth device is paired. again same problem with stock rom and still is

onscreen fingerprint is a mess. i think this is a problem with manufacturer. i upgraded from Mi A1 and was excited about this feature but A1's finger print sensor is way better than this. I dont know if its a generic problem with all onscreen fingerprint sensors or its something will be rectified with better drivers from OEM.
this is very annoying for me either i have to remove the lock or change phone :(

Reactions: thedisturbedone

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
ROM is working great.. new gestures are more natural..

installation guide should've been more explanatory for beginners like me. took some time to figure out that rom zip file need to be unzipped and move the img files to adb folder to flash them.. couldn't understand why cant we flash the zip file with TWRP like we do most of the times

adaptive brightness is still misfiring. it was same in stock rom but its still not perfect surprisingly

phone keeps locking even in trusted place or when a trusted bluetooth device is paired. again same problem with stock rom and still is

onscreen fingerprint is a mess. i think this is a problem with manufacturer. i upgraded from Mi A1 and was excited about this feature but A1's finger print sensor is way better than this. I dont know if its a generic problem with all onscreen fingerprint sensors or its something will be rectified with better drivers from OEM.
this is very annoying for me either i have to remove the lock or change phone :(

Pair thumb in all directions and also at an angle. That solve the fingerprint missfire for me.
I'm not saying it will be fast, but it"ll unlock the device every single time .

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread title: [ROM][BETA][10.0][Mi A3] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/10/07]

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for DeviceName [Laurel Sprout]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    Fod (Fingerprint on display)
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Pixel Experience Download Link
    Installation guide

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Pixel Experience Channel
    Mi A3 Telegram Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][Mi A3] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/10/07], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A3

Contributors
    prakaship78, @nullbytepl
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10
    Based On: Aosp

Version Information

Created 2019-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-04-08
    Reserved

Changelog [2020/04/07]
    -April security patch
    -Face unlock
    -Upgradeable APEX support (Google Play system updates)
    -Lower AOD brightness
    -Fix bluetooth audio (for real this time)
    -Add ANT+ support
    -Improve performance boosting mechanism
    -Fix boot animation
    -Fix square FOD icon
    -Fixed corners
    -Decreased haptic feedback stregth a bit
    -A lot of changes behind the scene (new dt)

NOTE:
    1. Official build Is having some issue so releasing unofficial build
    2. Clean flash mandatory to avoid wifi issues
    3. You must need stock Android 10 vendor on both slots
    Changelog [2019/10/07]
    - Fod (Fingerprint on display) fixed
    -Minor Fixes
    -Improve stability

-FOLLOW FLASHING GUIDE PROVIDED IN THE THREAD
    Great. Any date for the next release?

Next mnth
    This mnth exams are going on so no update sorry
    When will you release the update with the December 2019 security patch?

Guys stop asking for any ROM ETA/updates continuously! When the update is not there, it's not there!

The rom dev has his own life as well and will not work on the ROM all the time, and they make the ROM stabler and stabler. So why not wait for updates patiently? Do you want a ROM (update) full of bugs?

Asking for ROM ETA/ update constantly is quite disrespectful to the dev. ?