[ROM][10][lavender] Potato Open Sauce Project [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

alanvmathew

Jun 30, 2013
coimbatore
Bug

Hi guys. I have this issue. When I make a call and place my finger over the bottom grill there is a whistling noise. Please rectify.

Last edited:

x_berzerker

Dec 19, 2010
Moto G5
Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom
Hi guys. I have this issue. When I make a call and place my finger over the bottom grill there is a whistling noise. Please rectify.

i guess this is not necessarily a bug, but the sound of your speaker saturating your mic. that is what is called microphony i guess.
when on whatsapp calls i cant swap sound output (callspeaker/loudspeaker). anyone else?

AmulyaX

Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2015
Ghaziabad
Sony Xperia M
Moto Z Play
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP)

WARNING: FBE based build, require format /data after flashing build or build won't boot if you are coming from FDE based ROM. CHECK BOTTOM OF THE POST

Changelog (EPIC RELEASE)
- Fix beeping sound when mic is touched
- Remember the cool volume panel you had in pie? Well yea, now you got 4 of them, with unique designs! You can choose which ones to use at runtime without having to reboot or stuff like that. As of now we bundle:
- AospPanel, like the pie one, but has a lot of new stuff and cool animations
- CompactPanel, inspired from iOS, has three states, mini, collapsed and expanded.
- OreoPanel, called like that only because it spawns from the top and has similar layout to the oreo one, but it has been redesigned to be more elegant
- TiledPanel, this one doesn't use weird tricks to allow multiple streams but instead uses a button layout
- Now items on lockscreen get aligned according to clock, keeping it clean and nice
- The navigation handle can now be made either larger (normal, medium and large size) or hidden completely
- Navigations buttons on the navbar can now be swapped (back <-> recents)
- Screenshots don't blind you anymore on dark mode, but on white it'll keep the normal behaviour
- You can now change the auto brightness button visibility on qs if you don't use it as much as you should
- For anyone that still uses the aosp clock and dialer, there have been various ui improvements and video call improvements for dialer
- Ring and notification volume can now be unlinked but as of now you can't manage those streams in the new volume panels (WIP)
- Misc improvements and fixes
- Merged with latest sources

Please note:
1. This build will boot fine for most of you but there will be a very small portion of people unable to boot it, please read carefully the instructions shared in the bottom.
2. I prefer OpenGapps along with ROM ( https://https://opengapps.org/ , 10.0, arm64, nano)
3. This is an FBE build, if you are coming from FDE based ROMS. BACKUP DATA as it needs to be FORMATTED.
4. Built with LOS Kernel, do not use Custom Kernels as this uses new camera blobs, if you flash a custom kernel that doesn't support latest Xiaomi camera changes, camera won't work.
5. No restrictions on Firmware you want to use
6. Flash Magisk only if you want root
7. Working GoogleCamera: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog945/

Before you flash please read this important piece of information by @JSPiRiT if you are stuck on bootsplash or in a bootloop: STEPS TO BOOT POSP UPDATE

Last edited:

kozelos

May 20, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Thanks for new update. Did you have any time to look at android auto problem which led previous version to freeze the Phone completely after connecting the cable in car?

I know i didnt provide any logs but on version before it worked.. So i guess there had to be some difference..

Ceejay343

Jun 9, 2016
Dirty flash successful. Minor issue with Dolby Atmos nothing else. Thumbs up! Is Xiaomi Parts going to make a comeback in the future? Rom feels a bit sluggish I could use thermal settings ( or some such) to performance that made a difference

Reactions: alanvmathew

alanvmathew

Jun 30, 2013
coimbatore
New Update

There I a new update again!!! V3.2.0-hotfix+16 ??

Update: I installed the V3.2.0-hotfix+16. The POSP update centre was buggy. POSP update centre showed that a new update was available. After the app downloaded the update it forced closed when i tried to install it via the app. so i copied the zip file to an another location and performed dirty flash.

Last edited:

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
There I a new update again!!! V3.2.0-hotfix+16 ??

Update: I installed the V3.2.0-hotfix+16. The POSP update centre was buggy. POSP update centre showed that a new update was available. After the app downloaded the update it forced closed when i tried to install it via the app. so i copied the zip file to an another location and performed dirty flash.
I had a similar experience.

Reactions: alanvmathew

AmulyaX

Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2015
Ghaziabad
Sony Xperia M
Moto Z Play

WARNING: FBE based build, require format /data after flashing build or build won't boot if you are coming from FDE based ROM. CHECK BOTTOM OF THE POST

Changelog (EPIC RELEASE)
- Remember the cool volume panel you had in pie? Well yea, now you got 4 of them, with unique designs! You can choose which ones to use at runtime without having to reboot or stuff like that. As of now we bundle:
- CompactPanel, inspired from iOS, has three states, mini, collapsed and expanded.
- OreoPanel, called like that only because it spawns from the top and has similar layout to the oreo one, but it has been redesigned to be more elegant
- TiledPanel, this one doesn't use weird tricks to allow multiple streams but instead uses a button layout
- Now items on lockscreen get aligned according to clock, keeping it clean and nice
- The navigation handle can now be made either larger (normal, medium and large size) or hidden completely
- Screenshots don't blind you anymore on dark mode, but on white it'll keep the normal behaviour
- You can now change the auto brightness button visibility on qs if you don't use it as much as you should
- For anyone that still uses the aosp clock and dialer, there have been various ui improvements and video call improvements for dialer
- Ring and notification volume can now be unlinked but as of now you can't manage those streams in the new volume panels (WIP)

Please note:
1. This build will boot fine for most of you but there will be a very small portion of people unable to boot it, please read carefully the instructions shared in the bottom.
2. I prefer OpenGapps along with ROM ( https://https://opengapps.org/ , 10.0, arm64, nano)
3. This is an FBE build, if you are coming from FDE based ROMS. BACKUP DATA as it needs to be FORMATTED.
4. Built with LOS Kernel, do not use Custom Kernels as this uses new camera blobs, if you flash a custom kernel that doesn't support latest Xiaomi camera changes, camera won't work.
5. No restrictions on Firmware you want to use
6. Flash Magisk only if you want root
7. Working GoogleCamera: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog945/

Before you flash please read this important piece of information by @JSPiRiT if you are stuck on bootsplash or in a bootloop: STEPS TO BOOT POSP UPDATE

Some of you might have recieved a hotfix update yesterday which fixed a critical bug with the volume panel.
If you haven't updated please update is as soon as you can! I have updated the link in the download post!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    main.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Now that I'm done saving my butt, let's proceed :D

about.png

Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware. We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own sauce to it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.

[SIZE=+2]Team Potato[/SIZE]
    @Agent_fabulous
    @ZerNico
    @raj_jdja
    @ShreyanshLodha
    @ATechnoHazard
    @deletescape
    @HrX
    @JagravNaik
    @ash4win

Design:
    @McAwesomePL
    Valvze
    Joshua Baldassarre

[SIZE=+1]Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at[/SIZE]
    Telegram: https://telegram.me/SaucyPotatoesOfficial
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PotatoAndroid

features.png

- Custom RGB/HSL QS background colors and opacity
    - Advanced reboot
    - Double tap status bar to sleep
    - Custom RGB/HSL accent picker for dark/light themes
    - Custom icon shapes and icon pack support
    - POSP logo in statusbar
    - 4G/VoLTE icon on status bar
    - Lockscreen media art blur level
    - Permission hub
    - Signature spoofing
    - Custom height for new Q nav gestures
    - Improved AOD ambient play ticker
    - Three mode Notch Handler (Notch-City)
    - QS rows/column numbers
    - Pre-P style mobile data icon
    - Network speed indicator (OOS style)

sources.png

POSP: PotatoProject
    POSP Device Sources: PotatoDevices
    POSP Code Review: Gerrit Code Review

install.png

[SIZE=+1]Clean Install[/SIZE]
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    -Use latest MIUI Global Stable Firmware
    - Wipe /vendor, /system, /data and cache. Format /data if coming from FDE
    - Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
    - Reboot

[SIZE=+1]Updates[/SIZE]
    - Flash ROM
    - Reboot!

download.png

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/posp/files/lavender/croquette
    GApps: OpenGApps

[SIZE=+1]Credits[/SIZE]
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - AOSiP
    - CarbonROM
    - Dirty Unicorns
    - OmniROM
    - LineageOS
    - Team Lawnchair for Lawnchair Launcher

XDA:DevDB Information
    Potato Open Sauce Project, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    AmulyaX
    Source Code: https://github.com/PotatoProject

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.1.7+12
    Stable Release Date: 2020-04-12

Created 2020-04-11
    Last Updated 2020-04-19
    Hello everyone! After almost an year I have actually returned to actively maintain a project. Thanks to everyone who chose to support and stick up. I had almost dropped lavender, and as you all saw I my previous threads, I maintained and built projects I liked using, I closed AOSIP thread long ago since I wanted to concentrate on LineageOS but after Erfan joined us, I chose to drop it because it was gonna go Official, I didn't want to create discrepancy by publishing updates for a ROM which was being actively worked upon. Well, here we are now, if you have any issues, please post relevant logs and ask politely, we'll try our best to fix the issue for you :)

Here you go, feel free to fork/build for yourself or use for further development:

https://github.com/PotatoDevices/device_xiaomi_lavender -b croquette-release

You can check potato.dependencies in the device tree to check where the other repos are!
    I have used Minimal kernel for the inline building, huge thanks to Sebastian Andres (kjjnob).
    Credits for the common tree and updates, thanks to @rcstar6696 , he has worked a lot for xiaomi-sdm660 devices.
    Also to our small team, a lot of people actively helped me in testing and other stuff regarding the development, Lavender Sane Community XD

Try not to ping me on Telegram, I believe the conversation can stay on XDA, just post your query here and everybody will help you fix your trivial issues, in case a bug comes up, post logs here! :)
    Changelog

19/06/2020

06/06/2020
    - June Security Patch
    - Added support for kcal in kernel (Use a kernel manager to change values)
    - Added 4 new Clock Styles
    - Fixed inactive WiFi icon in custom icon packs
    - Fix BT battery level on different icon packs
    - Android 10 changes merged to vold
    - Fix notifications overlapping clock on ambient when using TypeClock
    - Fixed potential lags during screen recording

19/05/2020
    - May Security Patch
    - Fixed DRM apps not working
    - Rebased over official LOS trees for sdm660
    - Massive performance improvements
    - Fixed apps crashing randomly
    - Added Lockscreen Clock styles
    - Fixed brightness slider

12/04/2020
    - Initial OFFICIAL build
    - April Security Patch

WARNING: FBE based build, require format /data after flashing build or build won't boot if you are coming from FDE based ROM.

Changelog
    -Initial OFFICIAL build
    -April Security Patch

Please note:
    1. I prefer OpenGapps along with ROM ( https://https://opengapps.org/ , 10.0, arm64, nano)
    2. This is an FBE build, if you are coming from FDE based ROMS. BACKUP DATA as it needs to be FORMATTED.
    3. Built with Stock Minimal Kernel, do not use Custom Kernels as this uses new camera blobs, if you flash a custom kernel that doesn't support latest Xiaomi camera changes, camera won't work.
    4. No restrictions on Firmware you want to use
    5. Flash Magisk only if you want root
    6. Working GoogleCamera: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog945/

Hey guys! Thanks for the good response!✌️
    I have seen bug reports, some small bugs do exist, not major I guess. I'd like to highlight that I am currently preoccupied with something very important, maybe this month's update will only be an upstream merge, just this month, before May end I'll surely fix the bugs that exist right now. Thanks for the support! :D
    Thanks to everyone here who is helping with people's every day queries, you guys are doing a better work than I can ever do!

Stay safe! ✨