• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 + 18.1 (official trees - unofficial build) [SURYA]KARNA]

Search This thread

doblee.p

May 27, 2019
Thanks for the rom.
I've find this issue when I'm playing COD Mobile. Every time after a few minutes passes the game shut down and I have to access again, and then the screen turn off . I can't play properly. What problem could cause this? How do I fix it?

1emrys1

May 29, 2013
Thanks for the rom.
I've find this issue when I'm playing COD Mobile. Every time after a few minutes passes the game shut down and I have to access again, and then the screen turn off . I can't play properly. What problem could cause this? How do I fix it?
Try hiding root from it from Magisk Manager. I use a different device but PUBG was stopping for me without any reason. I hid root from it and it never gave problems after that.

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
Speaking of trust, what TWRP version would you recommend? I use brigudav's which works well, but there's no github, no changelog...

Honestly, i use this one:
link (telegram)

It's still buggy as all TWRP and OFOX are for Poco X3, but thats the best one i found so far. It's a pity no serious recovery dev is working on poco x3.

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
Guys!
New builds are up! See first posts.
Update for 17.1 (both unofficial and MicroG)
Update for 18.1 (both unofficial and MicroG)

If you have ANY issues with 18.1 ensure that:
1. You are on LATEST stable A11 firmware for your region
2. Flash this zip (MOD EDIT: Zip attached with post) in recovery before flasinhg ROM zip (work around TWRP and OFOX buggy partition handling)

Do those points before reporting any bugs.

Sorry for telegram links, but... everything is there nowadays and so also support. Not that i like it, but it's just way it is. If anybody mirrors those files feel free to post here new links.

Attachments

• Clean_Dynamic_Groups.zip
    929.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
Sorry for telegram links, but... everything is there nowadays and so also support. Not that i like it, but it's just way it is. If anybody mirrors those files feel free to post here new links.
Thanks but can you upload those files (clean_dynamic_groups and twrp 3.5.2) to your gardiol.org website? I downloaded the Telegram client for linux but I think it's crazy that I need to register with my phone number just to download a file!

Reactions: fox_xda2

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
Thanks but can you upload those files (clean_dynamic_groups and twrp 3.5.2) to your gardiol.org website? I downloaded the Telegram client for linux but I think it's crazy that I need to register with my phone number just to download a file!
No i cannot, because doing so would create unmaintained copies of both files which will cause issues as soon as the main ones are updated or changed.
I understand your issue, as i wrote earlier, but i don't think its a good think to mirror files in this way from official sources.

Have a friend lend you his/her phone number for the registration... That would also be a nice way to mess up with telegram in general.

By the way, if you install it on PC too you will never need to use the phone number again as each reinstallation will send you activation codes on PC version too.

Reactions: pnin

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
OnePlus 5
THREAD CLEANED

Please note off-topic posts have been removed on OP's request.

No i cannot, because doing so would create unmaintained copies of both files which will cause issues as soon as the main ones are updated or changed.
I understand your issue, as i wrote earlier, but i don't think its a good think to mirror files in this way from official sources.
gardiol, regarding your posts above, may I remind you that Telegram links are allowed in development threads if, and only if, full support is provided on the forum, here in the thread as well. This is also mentioned in the WhatsApp/Telegram Guidelines. If you're not going to provide support here, you're waiving your right to mention Telegram links in this thread, and they will be subject to removal.

Also, download links hosted on Telegram are not permitted under any cirumstances. That is as per the Forum Rules:
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
Since Telegram requires registration, it is not an allowed to be used as a download host. As a courtesy, I've edited your post and attached that zip file in your post so that it can be downloaded by everyone, not just the users who are on Telegram. Going forward, please make sure you're not linking files from Telegram. :)

Have a nice day, and thanks for sharing your work with the community!

Regards,
shadowstep
Forum Moderator

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
First thank you for LOS for this phone.
I installed the first 18.1 version from official sources clean with formating data and installed firmware suggested by developer. The 22/07 dirty .
I see 3 strange things .
1. I can not find menu for change 3 icon menu to gestures.
2. After 3 hours of use I lost functionality of button last used applications. Pressing it does not work - no list of run apps, double press does not jump to previous application.
I added function to long press ( split window ) and is ok, but when I add list of last used apps - does not work.
3. Google message never use voice notification when new SMS arrives. I checked all permissions, and all should be ok ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

gardiol, I'm going to wipe the phone from Pixel Experience to Lineage. I'm having to use miflash to wipe, followed by a flash of the global miui fastboot rom. Should I wait for the official build, or use one of the test builds to flash over miui?

I would not wait for official. Flash one of my test builds, but one of the "release" ones! So you can enjoy the release keys instead of the test keys.
    We had a setback and surya will not be scheduled for official build anytime soon, kernel still needs to be reworked, so be patient for a few more days/weeks.

Meanwhile, on the download servers, under the "test" folder please find the builds signed with release keys! Download the "release" zips, not the "test" zips in that folder, the latter are still signed with test keys, if you don't want to clean flash right now.
    Hmm guess I'll wait for official then. thanks
    Are official builds going to use "release" keys too?
    Of course. Just not my release keys.
    Hi guys, just some notes.

To any having issues with GPS, ensure you upgraded to latest build AND i also suggest to perform a deep clean by flashing a fastboot MIUI rom as most probably you have borked something in persist partition. GPS works just fine in google maps and any other maps apps has i just spent two weeks uwing it constantly so can definitely confirm it works great.

I will be resuming working on the kernel cleanup sometine next week, and maybe i will do a build with august patches or maybe not and just wait for september,

The rom is just perfect like it is and there will most probebly no more "improvements" rom side, just kernel side in the foreseable future. Which i hope will fix the random reboot issue i sometimes experience.
    By the way, this release will be the LAST one with test-keys. From the next one, i will start signing with release keys, so a clean flash will be mandatory AFTER today's build. But this will help with some apps that check for test keys and refuse to work.
    "Are we there yet???"
    Donkey (c) 😁

Hi! First of all, thanks for that and for bringing (almost) official LOS to X3 NFC, all of us!

Not asking for ETA, but do you have a rough idea of when next update will be available? Within a few days or some weeks, for instance.
    I'm (and probably others) just about to flash LOS for the first time on my brand new X3 and as next release will need a clean install I'd like to know if better to hold a bit on apps install or not, to avoid lots of apps data backup/restore.

I've read the whole thread and I saw you were on vacation recently....so welcome back and have your time. But if you can give us your feelings would be nice! Thanks again!
    Look on the download server, under test folder, the 10/09 build called "signed" , flash that one... Already signed with release keys. Its my daily driver so perfectly stable.
    Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS 17.1 official trees / unofficial builds for surya and karna.

LineageOS 18.1 unOfficial, official request in progress, for surya and karna.

We are official!

But "official" builds cannot be built yet until we move to fully OSS vendor partition. Be patient now, it will happen thank to the amazing underlying Ghostrider work, but i need to adapt it to LOS trees which are different.

Work on the 18.1 with full vendor partition, that will be officially built is in progress.

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • VoLTE
    • VoWIFI
    • FM Radio
    • RIL (telephone, SIM, 2G/3G/4G/LTE/+/blah...)
    • Tethering
    • Bluetooth + AAC
    • Tethering + bluetooth working
    • Safety net passed
    • SELinux Enforcing in Trust
    • DT2W
    • WiFi Display fully working
    • Infrared (IR)
    • NFC (Surya only)

Known issues:
    • Honestly at this time, nothing?

Download:

There is also a MIcroG build if you don't like Google Apps!
    Note: on the same download links you can find also MicroG builds for both 17.1 and 18.1!

There is also, for help and support, the:
    Instructions:
    • NOTE: it is MANDATORY to flash latest stable firmware for your region!
    • For 17.1: flash VENDOR + FIRMWARE from Android 10 (Q)
    • For 18.1: flash FIRMWARE from Android 11 (R) - no vendor required.
    • Download this build and Magisk (optionally) and gapps (optionally).
    • Put the zip on your MicroSD (suggested) or connect via USB to PC.
    • Boot to recovery (latest TWRP only is suggested! OrangeFox has issues).
    • Wipe Dalvik, Cache and format data. This IS NOT OPTIONAL!
    • Reboot recovery after wipe and format.
    • Flash this ROM zip...
    • ... (suggested) reboot system and do the initial setup ...
    • ... If you want Magisk and/or gapps: boot back to recovery,
    • Flash GAPPS and/or Magisk.
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    If you have any issues flashing, like persistent GApps or booting issues, try to cleanup the phone with the following procedure:
    • Download a full MIUI rom recovery package from XiaomiFirmwareUpdater
    • ... (make sure you download the full rom package for RECOVERY, it is about 2.4Gb!) ...
    • From recovery, flash the zip file. This will cleanup all the partitions.
    • Now flash again this ROM.
    This problem is related to the fact that TWRP and OrangeFox both don't support dynamic partitions properly yet.

Tested with Magisk 23.0, newer version should work.
    Suggested GAPPS for LineageOS 17.1: OpenGapps nano or pico.
    Suggested GAPPS for LineageOS 18.1: Mind The Gaps (
    here)

XDA DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 & 18.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors

Build by @gardiol
    Thanks to @Maharajah99, @janhammer504 , and quite so many others.

Device tree sources: device tree
    Kernel sources: kernel
    Vendor sources: vendor

Additional notes

SafetyNet does not pass by default, you need to follow the steps on post n.3 below. This is due to Google issues and LOS rules.

ROM OS Version: Android 10 & 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Testing, unofficial.

Created 2020-12-13
    Last Updated 2021-09-98
    I have some news. I am working on Lineage-18.1 and so far i am having some good progress.
    I managed to boot it, it's still unstable and a lot work is required, but it's steady.

It is OSS based, so this will be official no doubt this time.
    Changelog

06 September 2021 (18.1)
    New debloated kernel
    Fixed screen recorder rate limiter
    Fixed DriveDroid (and more usb gadget stuff)
    Added proximy check to prevent screen wakeup option
    August patches
    Fixed minor denials (battery improvement)

31 July 2021 (18.1)
    Fixed lots of denials
    Greatly improved battery life
    more minor fixes.

20 July 2021 (both 17.1 and 18.1)
    July patches
    For 18.1: mi_thermald added back
    For 18.1: dynamic 30-120Hz fixed

13 July 2021 (18.1)
    All new trees!
    FORMAT data is MANDATORY

19 June 2021 (17.1)
    Upstream sync
    June patches

17 June 2021 (18.1)
    fixed haptic issues
    Fixed Netflix error 5.10
    Fixed idle drain
    Fixed NFC denial
    Upstream sync

07 June 2021 (18.1)
    Fix aptX
    Fix boot from MIUI to LOS not working

07 June 2021 (18.1)
    Fix netflix
    Fic video recording length
    Fix GBoard rounded corners

05 June 2021 (18.1)
    First release of 18.1 build!

11 May 2021 (17.1)
    LOS upstream sync with May patches

18 April 2021
    LOS upstream sync with April patches
    Dpmd crash resolved
    ️LOS call recorder enabled
    ️Removed all permissive domains

09 April 2021
    Upstream sources sync

28/29 March 2021
    Fixed video recording bug
    Fixed audio crackling (finally!)
    Removed all "parts", added doze and refresh rate specific settings
    Getting trees ready for official
    (note: UnofficlalBuild and Experimental builds are from 28 March, MicroG from 29th)

13 March 2021
    Two builds are available...
    Unofficial, the same old build, but with March security patches.
    Experimental, featuring a full vendor partition, but still SELinux permissive, but a ton of improvements including fixed video recording length, 4K video recording and playback and more minor issues.
    Pick your choice!

27 February 2021
    Really fixed yellow tint once for all
    Enabled VoIP transition
    Updated proprietary blobs
    Haptic improvements
    Various minor optimizations
    LOS upstream sync

19 February 2021
    Improved Wifi
    Improved audio
    LOS upstream sync

06 February 2021
    Improved brightness levels
    Finished reworking tree
    February LOS upstream sync
    Latest security patches

24 Jannuray 2021
    Fixed "Fast Charging" string, except for original charger!!! (Fast charging IS working, just does not says it's fast in lockscreen).
    Added 30Hz and 50Hz display frequency in display options
    Cleaned up audio routes

19 Jannuary 2021
    Reverted a prop which was interferring with whatsapp videos.

18 Jannuary 2021
    Fixed fingerprints
    Rewritten init_surya.cpp
    Removed more useless stuff
    Activated correctly second SIM card
    Added a few translations
    Improved brighness
    Improved Wifi networks
    Fixed tethering+bluetooth

05 Jannuary 2021
    WiFi Display fixed, finally!
    Resolved bug with speakerphone and reboot

05 Jannuary 2021
    WiFi Display not fixed
    Product partition enlarged
    Device Tree reworked for proper contribution recognition
    AOD disabled. Once fixed will be available again.

01 Jannuary 2021
    DT2W Fixed.

29 December 2020
    New device tree is up.
    Brightness works again
    DT2W not working
    AOD not working
    FM Radio fixed (again)

29 December 2020
    Final fix for low volume recording.
    WiFI Display still not fixed (please send logs!!!)
    Device tree cleaned up a lot
    add Higher Aspect Ratio
    statusbar : avoid display parameters on Notch
    SELinux is showing Enforcing in Trust

28 December 2020
    Added audio fixes for low volume.
    Added full WiFi Display support (to be confirmed)

26 December 2020
    New parittion size.
    Bluetooth now reporting working properly.

24 December 2020
    Tentative SELinux enforcing.

22 December 2020
    Added FM radio support, FM radio working.
    SELinux still permissive

20 December 2020
    Reworked vendor mixing camera blobs from A10 branch and telephony from A11 branch.
    Camera is reported working.
    SIM card is reported working.
    VoLTE and WoWiFi reported working.
    FM Radio NOT working.

19 December 2020
    New beta build for camera fix.
    Let me know if it works!

18 December 2020
    SIM card works
    missing camera
    selinux permissive, will try to fix in later build
    I am working at cleaning the tree to meet official requirements. More news will be posted in the net days.
    I have been contacted back by LineageOS team regarding the "official" status. There are few things that needs to be fixed before it will happen, and i am working on it. It will take time but i plan to follow trough to official as planned.