• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Huawei P10 Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Syrion

Dec 26, 2007
Thanks for making it! I've followed your instructions but unfortunately the system app keeps restarting when setting up. I've tried alternatives ways to install it too, but no luck at all.

Fortunately your AOSP works for me, but I prefer LineageOS regarding looks and usability.

Edit: Maybe this might help for pinpointing. When installed and booting, the screen keeps sliding in from the right every second or so. You can tap through the setup, but it keeps sliding in until it figrues out something is wrong and gives a warning that the "system app" keeps crashing.

Last edited:

Sombra Maya

Sep 23, 2017
system ui error

I just installed this rom following the instructions to the letter however I have a problem with the UI system it closes constantly I installed it 3 times in case something had been omitted however it is the same result after skipping the google settings the screen it goes black when it should be in the home of the laucher

Tisiokid

Jun 16, 2020
Need help guys

Hi everyone,
I do not have enough knowledge to solve my problem :
I unlocked my oem with DC-unlocker then i unlocked the bootloader and activated debugging mode,
I installed TWRP.
My phone (p10 Lite) do not have sd card so i copied the rom,gapps and your patch in the internal storage,
did a wipe of system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache
And now i losted the files of the rom in my phone
And my pc can no longer detect my phone (adb do not detect him anymore)

Do you guys have an idea on how can i install the rom from now on ?
Thanks

emil1602

Jun 21, 2020
I just installed this rom following the instructions to the letter however I have a problem with the UI system it closes constantly I installed it 3 times in case something had been omitted however it is the same result after skipping the google settings the screen it goes black when it should be in the home of the laucher

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
those who have problems with system u.i. crashing, try following:
use TWRP_3.3.1-0-warsaw_DarkJoker360_20200428.img instead of TWRP_3.4.0-0-warsaw_DarkJoker360_20200611.img .
i also saw "cust" option in wipe, i wiped it, so it might be needed to wipe "cust" in addition to what was mentioned in o.p..
worked for me.

MikeOnX

Feb 6, 2011
Cancun
Loving this ROM

Thanks for making it! I've followed your instructions but unfortunately the system app keeps restarting when setting up. I've tried alternatives ways to install it too, but no luck at all.

Fortunately your AOSP works for me, but I prefer LineageOS regarding looks and usability.

Edit: Maybe this might help for pinpointing. When installed and booting, the screen keeps sliding in from the right every second or so. You can tap through the setup, but it keeps sliding in until it figrues out something is wrong and gives a warning that the "system app" keeps crashing.

those who have problems with system u.i. crashing, try following:
use TWRP_3.3.1-0-warsaw_DarkJoker360_20200428.img instead of TWRP_3.4.0-0-warsaw_DarkJoker360_20200611.img .
i also saw "cust" option in wipe, i wiped it, so it might be needed to wipe "cust" in addition to what was mentioned in o.p..
worked for me.

I had problems like a lot of people but it's working now, I did a lot of troubleshooting so I can't pin point what made it work.
I did the recommended TWRP downgrade, formatted "Cust" and I'm not sure if i tried to launch but I remembered that I used to have some problems like that with the Lineage setup crashing when there was a problem with the gapps pre instaled with the rom. So I decided to reflash de .img , then go to twrp and do a factory reset, flash the patches, I don;t use gapps for now but do this before the patches if you need em. Tried to boot and it worked but then after installing some things i realized I couldn't download and save anything to the internal storage although it was just formatted. It turned out the storage was encrypted, so you have to disable encryption too. Once I did that the rom has been working wonders, I love LineageOS. Thanks to OP for the Rom, I hope we can have some update at least for the security patch soon and that my troubleshooting helps someone else to get this working. It's been worth it. :good:

MikeOnX

Feb 6, 2011
Cancun
I had problems like a lot of people but it's working now, I did a lot of troubleshooting so I can't pin point what made it work.
I did the recommended TWRP downgrade, formatted "Cust" and I'm not sure if i tried to launch but I remembered that I used to have some problems like that with the Lineage setup crashing when there was a problem with the gapps pre instaled with the rom. So I decided to reflash de .img , then go to twrp and do a factory reset, flash the patches, I don;t use gapps for now but do this before the patches if you need em. Tried to boot and it worked but then after installing some things i realized I couldn't download and save anything to the internal storage although it was just formatted. It turned out the storage was encrypted, so you have to disable encryption too. Once I did that the rom has been working wonders, I love LineageOS. Thanks to OP for the Rom, I hope we can have some update at least for the security patch soon and that my troubleshooting helps someone else to get this working. It's been worth it. :good:
I had to reflash because of the magisk mess, so i had to go through the whole process again. Wiping Data partition seems to be what fixes the UI crashes. :confused:

Reactions: Rychocop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Huawei P10 Lite

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)
    [/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10-lite/development/recovery-twrp-huawei-p10-lite-t3953890"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract Lineage.zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps(optional) 
    * flash root(optional)
    * flash los_patches_warsaw.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working build. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to :  TWRP
    * wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract Lineage.zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional, needed it you previously had it)
    * install los_patches_warsaw.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working build. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P10%20Lite/Android-10/LineageOS/"]LineageOS 17.1 and los_patches_warsaw[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4882825&d=1574332554"]Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @haky 86
    @DIl3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Huawei P10 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x with Unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-09

Created 2020-03-09
    Last Updated 2020-03-09
    So guys, since I work on crDroid source code, what about doing crDroid 10 instead of LineageOS 17.1?
    ** Reserved **

NOTE: If get error 70 while flashing gapps resize system in TWRP !

Screnshots
    Offline charging

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)

I am struggeling! How can I change the Status to pemissive? I already tried an App, tried to setenforce 0 it via terminal and also flashed an permissive Zip via magisk. 
    Pls help me.[/QUOTE]

Check the telegram group: [URL="https://t.me/hi6250group"]https://t.me/hi6250group[/URL] . There you can find a solution. 

Anyway, I managed get offline charging work by flashing the added charger.zip, made by Hami_Do, in twrp. Then find the file in system/etc/selinux/plat_sepolicy.cil open as text and add the line: (typepermissive charger) , with parentheses, as last line in the document. Save, reboot, shutdown, test. Works on AOSP 10 also.
    system ui crashing

I tried all suggested remedies for the crashing system on my WAS-LX1A UI but nothing helped
    • Dowgraded TWRP to 3.3.1
    • Flashed Lineage os 17 again, and this time applied only los_patches_warsaw and maginsk
    • Disabled encryption of the storage partition using the guide here, only I created my custom patch, because the structure of the file was a bit different in the original patch (which I think caused bricking for some people) https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-10/help/how-to-disable-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3946234
    • Tried various wipes after complete install (Dalvik, cache, cust) this did not help either
    Despite that the ui is still crashing :crying:

EDIT: Managed to fix the problem, description follows:
    I used adb logcat to check for rom log errors, this generated 1,1 MB logfile full of errors:
    Code:
    adb logcat >> log_err.txt

I saw these errors in the log file, which after few minutes of Googling suggested the los patch was somehow not applied despite flashing it via TWRP (for the error description on github see https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues/304):
    Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'lineageos.app.Profile lineageos.app.IProfileManager.getActiveProfile()' on a null object reference

I did the following and it helped stop the crashing on WAS-LX1A:
    Reboot to TWRP
    Wipe Cache, Dalvik, cust
    apply patch los_patches_warsaw.zip (this time I applied it from the unencrypted internal storage, not from external sdcard)
    reboot to system

Now the OS works without ui crashes!