[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ilakhnon

Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
A few days ago, I tried to install this ROM but I ran into a lot of issues: System UI constantly crashing, random reboots,... but I found a workaround. Here's how I successfully flashed this ROM :
  • Unlock the bootloader with DC-Unlocker as Huawei stopped giving bootloader codes (it is a paid service).
  • Copy the files provided by DarkJoker360 (the ROM and the patches) to your SD card.
  • Flash DarkJoker360's TWRP and reboot to recovery to wipe cache, Dalvik/ART cache, system, data partitions and to decrypt the data partition.
  • Then, reboot to bootloader and flash Dil3mm'4s TWRP.
  • Reboot to recovery and directly install the ROM from the recovery and not from fastboot. Go to Install > *where you put the ROM files*. First, install system.img (do not forget to click on "Install Image" to see the system.img file). Then, install the patch, GApps, and Magisk (Google Apps and Magisk are optional).
  • Reboot to system.

Your phone should now be running LineageOS 17.1 without a hitch. I also enabled Adoptable Storage by following these instructions. This ROM works pretty well but the battery only lasts half a day now. I'll try to fix that later.

Hope this post helps you. :good:

Tattico83

May 13, 2015
Hi guys, my P8 Lite don't boot in Lineage, but it boot every time in TWRP.
I flash all as the guide may times, but I can't solve that problem.
What do you think could be the problem?

Rokuros1080

Mar 31, 2016
Hello guys, just a quick question. Is it possible to switch back to the original rom? Do you have a procedure showing how to do so, just in case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    [/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * Android 10 gestures
    * NFC
    * FP gestures
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Offline charge (It works by switching to permissive selinux)
    [/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://xdaforums.com/p10-lite/development/recovery-twrp-huawei-p10-lite-t3953890"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract Lineage.zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * reboot to TWRP
    * flash gapps(optional) 
    * flash root(optional)
    * flash los_patches_prague.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working build. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* extract the new update of AOSP
    * reboot device to :  TWRP
    * wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract Lineage.zip
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * install gapps(optional, needed it you previously had it)
    * install los_patches_prague.zip
    * NOTE: this zip is needed for having a working build. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite%202017/Android-10/LineageOS/"]LineageOS 17.1 and los_patches_prague[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4882825&d=1574332554"]Magisk Phh v19.3[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits:
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @haky 86
    @DIl3mm4
    @Hami_Do

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x with Unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-09

Created 2020-03-09
    Last Updated 2020-03-09
    How can there be such awesome people? It works in my Honor 6X! And it's fully de-googled man this is just perfect! Thank you very much for this...

These are the steps (thanks @DunoCZ) I followed if an Honor 6X user want to install this ROM:
    - *Upgrade to EMUI 8!*
    - *Remove the saved fingerprints and Google Accounts just in case*
    - Flash the TWRP recovery from @Dil3mm4
    - Format cache, dalvik cache, data and system: TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
    - Flash the ROM via TWRP (you can try with fastboot but it already works with TWRP): TWRP -> Install -> Install Image
    - Resize the system partition: TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> System -> Resize (DO NOT FORMAT!)
    - (Optional) Install GApps, Magisk
    - (Required) Install patch
    - Reboot and wait
    The most craziest thing I have ever read on this forum, keep using that outdated emui then.
    A good news guys, offline charging has been fixed !
    Hi everyone,
    A few days ago, I tried to install this ROM but I ran into a lot of issues: System UI constantly crashing, random reboots,... but I found a workaround. Here's how I successfully flashed this ROM :
    • Unlock the bootloader with DC-Unlocker as Huawei stopped giving bootloader codes (it is a paid service).
    • Copy the files provided by DarkJoker360 (the ROM and the patches) to your SD card.
    • Flash DarkJoker360's TWRP and reboot to recovery to wipe cache, Dalvik/ART cache, system, data partitions and to decrypt the data partition.
    • Then, reboot to bootloader and flash Dil3mm'4s TWRP.
    • Reboot to recovery and directly install the ROM from the recovery and not from fastboot. Go to Install > *where you put the ROM files*. First, install system.img (do not forget to click on "Install Image" to see the system.img file). Then, install the patch, GApps, and Magisk (Google Apps and Magisk are optional).
    • Reboot to system.

Your phone should now be running LineageOS 17.1 without a hitch. I also enabled Adoptable Storage by following these instructions. This ROM works pretty well but the battery only lasts half a day now. I'll try to fix that later.

Hope this post helps you. :good: