LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
ROM project Info:
I wanted to share this lineageOS build that comes with some fixes and features introduced by me for the lineage-17.1 branch but not available in the official one. For example, the "hide navbar" option in the Settings app isn't available in official lineageOS' sources. So when this rom will be updated, the OS will reflect changes introduced in some of my own repos which are linked below (they're all available on my Github profile).
At the moment this release is only available for the G530FZ (gprimeltexx) model, which is the one that I own. I don't plan to release for other models as I don't own a server to test multiple variants but only my PC with limited hdd capacity to compile this rom.
see next post
Working things: (if you can test tell me)
- Camera (+ video)
Not working things: (if you can test tell me)
What to test:
1. Download the ROM .zip file (+ Gapps if you want them)
2. Boot to TWRP (or similar recoveries)
3. Flash ROM .zip file -- If you have an older release of THIS rom then you can dirty flash on top of it. Otherwise, you'll need a full wipe (Data, Cache, and System partitions) before flashing.
4. Flash Gapps if wanted
ROM: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror]
OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org/ (use platform: ARM / up to variant mini)
- Repo local_manifest file with device trees/kernel/other repos: https://github.com/Gabboxl/local_manifests
- GitHub profile
- You can find this project's roadmap & other things on this Trello board (warning: it's a mess).
If you want you can donate me something here: https://paypal.me/Gabboxl - thank you!
@itexpert.120, @DarkDroidDev, @vince2678, (and me @Gabboxl! xdd)
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.0.2 (latest released version, at the time of writing)
Created: 8/3/2021 (8th March)
Last edited: 16/3/2021 (16th March)