LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
ROM project Info:
I wanted to share this lineageOS build that comes with some fixes and features introduced by me for the lineage-17.1 branch but not available in the official one. For example, the "hide navbar" option in the Settings app isn't available in official lineageOS' sources. So when this rom will be updated, the OS will reflect changes introduced in some of my own repos which are linked below (they're all available on my Github profile).
I don't plan to release for other models as I don't own a server to test multiple variants but only my PC with limited hdd capacity to compile this rom.
If your device/variant IS NOT listed on the FIRST post, then IT IS NOT SUPPORTED.
- gprimeltexx (SM-G530FZ) (since V1stable) - fortuna3g (SM-G530H) (since V2stable)
see next post
see next posts
Working things: (if you can test tell me)
- Camera (+ video)
Not working things: (if you can test tell me)
nothing at the moment, yay!
What to test:
1. Download the ROM .zip file (+ Gapps if you want them)
2. Boot to TWRP (or similar recoveries)
3. Flash ROM .zip file -- If you have an older release of THIS rom then you can dirty flash on top of it. Otherwise, you'll need a full wipe (Data, Cache, and System partitions) before flashing.
4. Flash Gapps if wanted
ROM: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror]
OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org/ (use platform: ARM / up to variant mini)
- Repo local_manifest file with device trees/kernel/other repos: https://github.com/Gabboxl/local_manifests
- GitHub profile
- You can find this project's roadmap & other things on this Trello board (warning: it's a mess).
If you want you can donate me something here: https://paypal.me/Gabboxl - thank you!
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or if you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
- Fill the following report template:
Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file): Device variant you are using: Gapps version (if using): Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@itexpert.120, @DarkDroidDev, @vince2678, @siesta283 (for the build server), (and me @Gabboxl!)
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.0.2 (latest released version, at the time of writing)
Created: 8/3/2021 (8th March)
Last edited: 27/9/2021 (27th September)