[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 [OFFICIAL]

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
Dual sim works from what I can see; have you tried the dual-sim patcher ( https://sx.ix5.org/info/post/dualsim-patcher/ ) if you are without the correct property config? :confused:
Oh, I didn't realize the ROM is the same for both single sim and dual sim.

I cannot find the instructions to use this patch. I keep getting an error. Here is what I did:
Code:
$ adb reboot recovery
Then I pressed apply update, and apply from ADB. Then:
Code:
$ adb sideload sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
Pressed continue anyway for the signature. After that I get the following error:
Code:
Getting current slot (if on A/B)

Error in /sideload/package.zip (killed by signal 1)
What am I doing wrong?

&(*)

May 8, 2020
What am I doing wrong?
You shouldn't have to use the dual sim patch, the installer for lineage should see your model as dual sim and apply the properties; but if you do have trouble with your's for some reason just install the .zip as "apply update" and ignore zip signature verification prompt, and click yes to continue. You do not need to adb install it unless you don't have an sdcard.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Ok, there are a few little problems about the camera if I ever wanted to mod my Sony XZ2 H8296:
  1. will I lose use of the dedicated camera button?
  2. will I be able to use the stock Sony camera app for stuff like HDR video recording, 60fps and slow-mo?
The dedicated camera button works.
Yes, recording Super-Slow-Mo, HDR, 4K, etc., video functions as it should, follow the instructions to install the original camera libraries and app.

Mod it, you are not loosing anything that makes it worth keeping stock; unless you are a purist and want everything from stock included with a custom rom, and IMO this is as close as it's going to get. Apparently, there are some image processing and focusing algorithms wiped from the phone after unlocking your bootloader that cannot be restored as of now (even with a TA backup/restore). You can always go back to stock and use the Kang kernel if you are not satisfied with the alternative OS. Make sure you follow the instructions posted on this thread and the instructions posted on lineageos.org for XZ2 - Akari.

Last edited:

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
You shouldn't have to use the dual sim patch, the installer for lineage should see your model as dual sim and apply the properties; but if you do have trouble with your's for some reason just install the .zip as "apply update" and ignore zip signature verification prompt, and click yes to continue. You do not need to adb install it unless you don't have an sdcard.
Hi,

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, dual SIM is working; however, I cannot find the option to disable the second SIM like in stock (see my previous post).

Also, I did go through the steps you mentioned up there. I "apply update" via adb sideload and ignore the signature verification; however, I get the following error message on the phone:
Code:
Getting current slot (if on A/B)

Error in /sideload/package.zip (killed by signal 1)
and the following error on the computer:
Code:
$ adb sideload sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
serving: 'sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip'  (~47%)    adb: failed to read command: Success
I did not have an SD card into my phone. I just tried plugging one in. I can see it using the files app, but when I boot into recovery, I cannot figure out how to apply the zip from the SD card. Also, adb sideload is more connivent :p

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
Did you follow the steps correctly from lineagos? There is a copy partitions .zip ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682929240 ); did you install it?
Yes, I am 100% I did.

If it makes any difference, I have already updated via OTA a couple of times (so my active slot has switched a couple of times). I haven't applied that patch before every OTA; I don't think I need to.

Btw, just to be sure, the universal dual sim patch is to make the option to disable the second SIM appear in the settings app, right? The second SIM works right now, but I can't disable it.

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Yes, I am 100% I did.

If it makes any difference, I have already updated via OTA a couple of times (so my active slot has switched a couple of times). I haven't applied that patch before every OTA; I don't think I need to.

Btw, just to be sure, the universal dual sim patch is to make the option to disable the second SIM appear in the settings app, right? The second SIM works right now, but I can't disable it.
What difference does the second slot make if it is there or not (enabled/disabled)? The sim card tray determines which sim you are using.

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
What difference does the second slot make if it is there or not (enabled/disabled)?
The main reason for me is that if someone calls my work number at some weird hour, they know that it's shutdown or out of range, so shouldn't be calling at this time.

Another reason someone might want to disable their SIM is for battery performance since you are connected to less cell towers.

Also, some people might have privacy concerns (leaving SIM on means connecting to closest cell towers, thus revealing your approximate location. Maybe they only want it enabled in certain areas so as to not give away their location at all times).

&(*)

May 8, 2020
The main reason for me is that if someone calls my work number at some weird hour, they know that it's shutdown or out of range, so shouldn't be calling at this time.

Another reason someone might want to disable their SIM is for battery performance since you are connected to less cell towers.

Also, some people might have privacy concerns (leaving SIM on means connecting to closest cell towers, thus revealing your approximate location. Maybe they only want it enabled in certain areas so as to not give away their location at all times).
Simple solution to all your concerns: remove the Sim Card(s) when not in use.

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
Simple solution to all your concerns: remove the Sim Card(s) when not in use.
Haha, true. It's just not a very convenient solution, hence why I'm asking for the feature to disable them in software to be re-added. I bought a dual SIM phone so I wouldn't have to physically fiddle with SIM cards...

In the meantime, I guess I have nothing to do but follow your solution.

orapyt

Jul 13, 2019
Why does the screen wake up sometimes fast and sometimes slow?
I never noticed that. Can you reproduce that consistently?

If you press the wake button, then there is a little animation to wake the screen. If you use fingerprint unlock there is no animation. Is this what you mean?

37fengk

Oct 21, 2020
I never noticed that. Can you reproduce that consistently?

If you press the wake button, then there is a little animation to wake the screen. If you use fingerprint unlock there is no animation. Is this what you mean?
no,It means that pressing the power button will delay the screen for a few seconds before waking up.(fingerprint is also slower)After I flsahed the machine again(same lineage os) , it returned to normal speed.

Last edited:

mailx

Dec 3, 2020
The stock camera (SemcCamera) works now, I've been testing it. Will be released soon I guess ;)
Did you test it? How about the image quality?

I just got an used Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact and would love to install LOS 17.1 on it. But the issue with TA partition and its DRM keys stopped me. Before installing I would like to know about the image quality when using LOS 17.1 with or without the stock camera app (SemcCamera). Is it comparable to the stock OS? I guess without the features that are locked by DRM keys it should worse.

penguin Lin

Aug 13, 2019
Taipei
I want to change /data and /cache file system to F2FS for higher random read/write speed.

Does the kernel and rom support F2FS file system?
Because there is no F2FS option in the provided TWRP. Is there any way to format F2FS except using TWRP?

Thanks a lot!

nicodebie

Jan 30, 2008
Hi, i have searched but could not find the answer.
I know that i loose all DRM camera related stuff when i flash a non-stock rom, but do i gain camera2 api level 3? instead of full.

crazyox

Apr 1, 2016
Hi everyone, i got some issues with magisk, when using gpay it does not allow me to add any credit card, so i installed magisk hide module and hidden gpay but the thing is not solved. what should i do? also with the last lineage update, the update procedure crashes after downloading. Thanks everyone

naughty.ted

Jan 24, 2021
Hi everyone, i got some issues with magisk, when using gpay it does not allow me to add any credit card, so i installed magisk hide module and hidden gpay but the thing is not solved. what should i do? also with the last lineage update, the update procedure crashes after downloading. Thanks everyone
Hi dude. You should go through this instruction
It's helped me with this problem

UPD. With this instruction i been able to add credit card to gpay, but now gpay says "phone doesn't meet security requirements" and NFC icon crossed out. Any idea?

Last edited: