[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

andreux481

Sep 30, 2014
Hi, i flashed the rom and everything works fine.
But even though I got root with magisk I can't uninstall system apps as the system folder doesn't have RW permissions.
I can't even install TWRP because at every boot it always enters the lineage recovery.
Can someone help me?
I'm sorry for my english

landsome

May 4, 2015
I am on an old 2020.12 firmware because every time I tried an upgrade, whether via fastboot or regular update, some feature or other was broken.

Have more recent firmwares solved the notification led problem, where less than the entire spectrum is available (i.e., no yellow)?

andreux481

Sep 30, 2014
Hi guys. I have some questions as I am having problems with official lineage 17.1 and my xz2 compact. The rom is installed together with magisk however I cannot find a twrp version that works. I can't get supersu to work with which I might be able to uninstall system applications that I don't need. Even xposed framework I can't use some modules. Can someone help me? thank you

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hi guys. I have some questions as I am having problems with official lineage 17.1 and my xz2 compact. The rom is installed together with magisk however I cannot find a twrp version that works. I can't get supersu to work with which I might be able to uninstall system applications that I don't need. Even xposed framework I can't use some modules. Can someone help me? thank you
I abandoned the search for a TWRP that works with LOS. There is recent one for SODP but apparently it does not work with Lineage.

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
I have Sony XZ2 c with Lineageos 17.1 and Magisk and works fine.
Twrp and Supersu is not needed.
In Magisk I have Magiskhide turned on and Busybox for Android NDK and MagiskHide Props Config (with terminal set up properly) and Systemless Host installed. In System Developer Options, I turned on Enforce Allow apps on external storage. For file management I use Mixplorer and it gets root permission from Magisk. That works fine for me.

landsome

May 4, 2015
I have Sony XZ2 c with Lineageos 17.1 and Magisk and works fine.
Twrp and Supersu is not needed.
In Magisk I have Magiskhide turned on and Busybox for Android NDK and MagiskHide Props Config (with terminal set up properly) and Systemless Host installed. In System Developer Options, I turned on Enforce Allow apps on external storage. For file management I use Mixplorer and it gets root permission from Magisk. That works fine for me.
Same here.

What does "with terminal set up properly" mean (if other than installing the right fingerprint)?

nokian95ita

Sep 19, 2008
Yes, it works, but only if you set selinux to permissive. Look for an app on fdroid to do that on every boot.
please can you explain me how i can install it?
i have another question: i installed lineageOS today on my xz2c and all sems to work fine except the memory card that it say "there is a problem i ned to format card" it format but it return to show the notification with the first text

landsome

May 4, 2015
please can you explain me how i can install it?
i have another question: i installed lineageOS today on my xz2c and all sems to work fine except the memory card that it say "there is a problem i ned to format card" it format but it return to show the notification with the first text
Install F-Droid and search for SELinuxModeChanger, then set SELinux to permissive.

Reactions: nokian95ita

nokian95ita

Sep 19, 2008
thanks for the help but i am not willing to trade security for sony camera app. instead I have a big problem: I followed step by step the installation instructions on the lineageOS wiki web page but in the end I always get the same result: the memory card asks me to be formatted and it never formats and it doesn't work even formatting it with the pc and the google photo app crashes on startup and does not uninstall even via adb

Edit 1
now after reboot and getting another time the same error i permormed an hard reset via android and google photos work and the phone was able to formatt memory card. i am coping same file and after i will reboot another time

Edit2
after reboot i say me that it need to format the memory card!!!!!!!

Last edited:

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hi!

Upgrading this ROM to newer builds, whether via inbuilt update app or via recovery, almost always creates problems for me (Magisk installed). Any idea how best to do this?

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
Hi!

Upgrading this ROM to newer builds, whether via inbuilt update app or via recovery, almost always creates problems for me (Magisk installed). Any idea how best to do this?
What problems do you have? The internal update works fine for me and I also have Magisk.

landsome

May 4, 2015
Depends - I only tried updating three times, only 2020 builds. At one point the stock camera did not work (I set linux to permissive). At one other time I got frequent wifi disconnects on both 2.4 GHz. Finally, Magisk got messed up and after reinstalling it I could no longer pass safetynet. Each time a clean re-install of the new rom solved the problem completely.

Now I am afraid to try again. :)

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
Depends - I only tried updating three times, only 2020 builds. At one point the stock camera did not work (I set linux to permissive). At one other time I got frequent wifi disconnects on both 2.4 GHz. Finally, Magisk got messed up and after reinstalling it I could no longer pass safetynet. Each time a clean re-install of the new rom solved the problem completely.

Now I am afraid to try again. :)
I started in January 2021. After the first update I had to install Magiks again, but the last few times everything works by itself. I thought that in one of those updates there was a change so that you don't have to reinstall Magisk every time.
I have never had a problem with wifi. I tried the stock camera for a week, but went back to the standard camera which works fine for me.
Root and Saftynet also work well. I don't have to do anything to them after an update. I have installed picco Gapps and via Github Netguard (firewall). The XZ2c works like a charm.

Reactions: landsome

landsome

May 4, 2015
I started in January 2021. After the first update I had to install Magiks again, but the last few times everything works by itself. I thought that in one of those updates there was a change so that you don't have to reinstall Magisk every time.
I have never had a problem with wifi. I tried the stock camera for a week, but went back to the standard camera which works fine for me.
Root and Saftynet also work well. I don't have to do anything to them after an update. I have installed picco Gapps and via Github Netguard (firewall). The XZ2c works like a charm.
So have you automatically updated to every new version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgraded Magisk from 22.0 to 22.1 and now I cannot pass SafetyNet despite my efforts. Anyone experienced this?
    [ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 [OFFICIAL]

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
    Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
    • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

INFO
    This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
    Official builds

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you can't simply upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.

All unofficial builds
    Optional: Add-ons

INSTRUCTIONS
    First install
    Updating to a newer build

SOURCE
    LineageOS
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 17.1 for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors
    Olivier, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 52.1.A.3.49
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-07-31
    Changelog

CHANGELOG
    20200724:
    - addressed critical SELinux denials

20200722:
    - added exFAT support to the kernel
    - set SELinux to enforcing
    - merged July security patches
    - merged 52.1.A.3.49 blobs

20200613:
    - merged June security patches
    - merged 52.1.A.2.1 kernel

20200525:
    - fixed microphone issues when the speaker was on during calls
    - fixed wireless display/screen mirroring
    - added a script for dynamic single/dual SIM variant detection
    - merged 52.1.A.2.1 blobs

20200520:
    - fixed USB tethering
    - fixed notification LED
    - merged May security patches

20200428:
    - initial public release.
    Successful installation

Thorough reading resulted in a successful installation.
    1. For XZ2 Compact Dual Sim (H8324) (H8314 single will work probably also)
    2. Used Rom 2020-05-25 by Olivier
    3. Used boot image from Olivier
    a. This has “Lineage Recovery” not “TWRP”.
    b. Functions better for A/B devices, less bricked devices expected
    4. Installed zips by adb sideload:
    a. https://opengapps.org arm64, android 10, nano
    b. SuperSu
    5. Download and install adb + fastboot (version from platform google, not the old 15 second installer)
    6. Download and install Sony XZ2 compact drivers for fastboot situation
    7. Enable USB debugging at phone
    8. Unlock bootloader
    9. To get into fastboot mode: Press + hold volume down when connect usb cable in phone (and pc)
    10. In Windows cmd:
    a. adb devices –> use at every use of adb to check connection with phone (winusb drivers needed)
    b. adb reboot bootloader
    c. fastboot devices –> use at every use of fastboot to check connection with phone (sony drivers needed)
    d. fastboot flash boot boot.img
    11. Installing LineageOS from recovery:
    a. If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    1. With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power and choose Recovery Mode.
    b. Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
    c. Return to the main menu.
    d. Sideload the LineageOS .zip package:
    1. On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    2. On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip
    (takes a while after counter stops at 47%...)
    3. (Optionally): If you want to install any additional add-ons, click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload filename.zip those packages in sequence.
    4. Note: If you want Google Apps on your device, you must follow this step before booting into LineageOS for the first time!
    12. Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.
    13. (Warning: Depending on which recovery you use, you may be prompted to install additional apps and services. We strongly advise you to opt out of installing these, as they may cause your device to bootloop, as well as attempt to access or corrupt your data.)

Screen dump from cmd at pc:

D:\platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200525-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip
    Total xfer: 1.00x

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200525-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip
    adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
    adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
    adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200527-2e.zip

List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip

Info sources:
    XDA MartinX3 pages
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
    https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/marlin/install
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...w-leadership-custom-recovery-support-devices/
    https://www.androidauthority.com/lineageos-install-guide-893303/ (ignore twrp and zip flashing)
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-xz2-compact/faq/drivers/
    The first official build is up, please check the OP.

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you shouldn't upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.
    I've uploaded a new build -- all critical SELinux denials should be addressed now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone