[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 [ABANDONED]

Search This thread

ssdnvv

Sep 30, 2015
Short question: I assume backup via adb in lineageos recovery is the only option to save complete system state before updating. Does backup & restore work reliably that way?

landsome

May 4, 2015
Yes and that went well.
The first installation (adb, fastboot, recovery) I did with Linux. That was simple and easy. With win 10 on laptop and desktop I could not install the drivers. I followed the instructions on the LineageOs site.
I just bit the bullet. Upgrading killed Magist and the stock camera. But this time around simply reinstalling Magisk via adb/recovery solved Magisk - but not the camera.

Uninstalling stock cam and then re-installing it via adb/recovery solved it, however.

So I am satisfied. Thanks again

Last edited:

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
I just bit the bullet. Upgrading killed Magist and the stock camera. But this time around simply reinstalling Magisk via adb/recovery solved Magisk - but not the camera.

Uninstalling stock cam and then re-installing it via adb/recovery solved it, however.

So I am satisfied. Thanks again

Nice to hear. You can also open recovery with the power button and then reinstall Magisk from sd card. (Developer options, advanced startup.) Goes a bit faster than using the computer.
How about wifi and saftynet?

ssdnvv

Sep 30, 2015
Unfortunately OAndBackupX doesn't work for - due fo a strange bug it never completes the initial steps of granting all rights on lineage_xz2c-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 c27bccbe12 (version from September last year). With twrp available on my former smartphones I did a full backup before upgrading because upgrades tended to fail whenever I didn't do a backup beforehand.
Without that I dont not really feel confident enough to do an upgrade. I waited a long time for the twrp developer to maybe finalize his/her work on twrp for LOS on XZ2c, but I don't seem to have luck on this field either...

30jp

Sep 25, 2020
Unfortunately OAndBackupX doesn't work for - due fo a strange bug it never completes the initial steps of granting all rights on lineage_xz2c-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 c27bccbe12 (version from September last year). With twrp available on my former smartphones I did a full backup before upgrading because upgrades tended to fail whenever I didn't do a backup beforehand.
Without that I dont not really feel confident enough to do an upgrade. I waited a long time for the twrp developer to maybe finalize his/her work on twrp for LOS on XZ2c, but I don't seem to have luck on this field either...
I have Magisk installed and it gives OandBackupX "superuser" rights.
That is probably why it works well for me.
I have the LineageOs 17.1 from March 26, 2021.

ssdnvv

Sep 30, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I have Magisk installed, too.

@ All the others - how do you backup your apps/partitions? I read Titaniumbackup is not reliable when using LOS?

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
I
Thanks for your reply. I have Magisk installed, too.

@ All the others - how do you backup your apps/partitions? I read Titaniumbackup is not reliable when using LOS?
Maybe I'll say a stupidity, but with TWRP (I used it for flashing Magisk), you can maybe make a full backup of your phone ?

userx404

Finally switched from stock to Los. It's really nice but i still have to test it for some more days.
The first i've noticed - max audio level is really silient compared to stock rom. Is this a known issue? If so, how to fix it?

Thx

Last edited:
Finally switched from stock to Los. It's really nice but i still have to test it for some more days.
The first i've noticed - max audio level is really silient compared to stock rom. Is this a known issue? If so, how to fix it?

Thx
Hi! I don't hear a big difference, but you could improve with PowerAmp Equalizer, the stand alone app for muaic listening. On Spotify and Youtube it improves much for me.

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
Heya,

Just upgrading from LineageOS 17.1 31 march build version to 16 april build version, and I lost Magisk root. I still have the application on my phone, but it seems I need to flash Magisk from the recovery to get root again.

Unfortunaltely, I can't find back the twrp version that works on this LineageOS 17.1. Someone cal help me or pointing me a page where I can download it please ?

Edit : forget it, I installed magisk from the LineageOS recovery, and all work again perfectly well !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 [OFFICIAL]

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
    Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
    • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

INFO
    This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
    Official builds

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you can't simply upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.

All unofficial builds
    Optional: Add-ons

INSTRUCTIONS
    First install
    Updating to a newer build

SOURCE
    LineageOS
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 17.1 for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors
    Olivier, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 52.1.A.3.49
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-07-31
    Changelog

CHANGELOG
    20200724:
    - addressed critical SELinux denials

20200722:
    - added exFAT support to the kernel
    - set SELinux to enforcing
    - merged July security patches
    - merged 52.1.A.3.49 blobs

20200613:
    - merged June security patches
    - merged 52.1.A.2.1 kernel

20200525:
    - fixed microphone issues when the speaker was on during calls
    - fixed wireless display/screen mirroring
    - added a script for dynamic single/dual SIM variant detection
    - merged 52.1.A.2.1 blobs

20200520:
    - fixed USB tethering
    - fixed notification LED
    - merged May security patches

20200428:
    - initial public release.
    Successful installation

Thorough reading resulted in a successful installation.
    1. For XZ2 Compact Dual Sim (H8324) (H8314 single will work probably also)
    2. Used Rom 2020-05-25 by Olivier
    3. Used boot image from Olivier
    a. This has “Lineage Recovery” not “TWRP”.
    b. Functions better for A/B devices, less bricked devices expected
    4. Installed zips by adb sideload:
    a. https://opengapps.org arm64, android 10, nano
    b. SuperSu
    5. Download and install adb + fastboot (version from platform google, not the old 15 second installer)
    6. Download and install Sony XZ2 compact drivers for fastboot situation
    7. Enable USB debugging at phone
    8. Unlock bootloader
    9. To get into fastboot mode: Press + hold volume down when connect usb cable in phone (and pc)
    10. In Windows cmd:
    a. adb devices –> use at every use of adb to check connection with phone (winusb drivers needed)
    b. adb reboot bootloader
    c. fastboot devices –> use at every use of fastboot to check connection with phone (sony drivers needed)
    d. fastboot flash boot boot.img
    11. Installing LineageOS from recovery:
    a. If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    1. With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power and choose Recovery Mode.
    b. Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
    c. Return to the main menu.
    d. Sideload the LineageOS .zip package:
    1. On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    2. On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip
    (takes a while after counter stops at 47%...)
    3. (Optionally): If you want to install any additional add-ons, click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload filename.zip those packages in sequence.
    4. Note: If you want Google Apps on your device, you must follow this step before booting into LineageOS for the first time!
    12. Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.
    13. (Warning: Depending on which recovery you use, you may be prompted to install additional apps and services. We strongly advise you to opt out of installing these, as they may cause your device to bootloop, as well as attempt to access or corrupt your data.)

Screen dump from cmd at pc:

D:\platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200525-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip
    Total xfer: 1.00x

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200525-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip
    adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
    adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
    adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200527-2e.zip

List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXXXX sideload

D:\platform-tools>adb sideload SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip

Info sources:
    XDA MartinX3 pages
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
    https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/marlin/install
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...w-leadership-custom-recovery-support-devices/
    https://www.androidauthority.com/lineageos-install-guide-893303/ (ignore twrp and zip flashing)
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-xz2-compact/faq/drivers/
    The first official build is up, please check the OP.

NOTE: Since the official builds are signed, you shouldn't upgrade from my unofficial builds -- you can either migrate to an official build using a script or do a clean install.
    I've uploaded a new build -- all critical SELinux denials should be addressed now.