[ROM][10] LineageOS 17.1 (unofficial) [SURYA]KARNA]

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
if you want clean slate before flash always flash full Global ROM (recovery version around 2.4 GB), it will clean the remnants left in vendor, system, fw from previous ROM/flashing - if something suddenly failing to install and I was able to install it before - I do this and can continue...
Good point! Can you send me a link to where to wonload the full rom? I will update the first post.

fox_xda2

Oct 31, 2016
OK, before all other users are scared away, I flashed successfully (at least until intro screen) 20200117 ROM over 12.0.7EU firmware.

Many thanks @jeryll and @gardiol for their support.

method used was to reflash entire miui ROM through TWRP, format data, reboot to recovery, install latest ROM, reformat (just in case, probably not needed) and reboot to system.

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
if you want clean slate before flash always flash full Global ROM (recovery version around 2.4 GB), it will clean the remnants left in vendor, system, fw from previous ROM/flashing - if something suddenly failing to install and I was able to install it before - I do this and can continue...
This is very well, just one question: is there any way to backup settings (and installed apps if possible) to re-apply after all this flashing? It is quite tiresome to go through the setup every single time and install the same apps every single time. TWRP does not seem to let me recover anything from backup, is there any other way or is this just the way it is during development?

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
This is very well, just one question: is there any way to backup settings (and installed apps if possible) to re-apply after all this flashing? It is quite tiresome to go through the setup every single time and install the same apps every single time. TWRP does not seem to let me recover anything from backup, is there any other way or is this just the way it is during development?
Yes, of course! Root with magisk, then you can use "migrate" tool. I use it, very useful! It backups all apps and some settings. You can then restore the ZIP from recovery after flashing ROM.

Be careful, move the ZIP to the microSD or to PC as it will be deleted if you format data!

Or you can use Titanium Backup or other similar apps too.

All requires root.

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
Yes, of course! Root with magisk, then you can use "migrate" tool. I use it, very useful! It backups all apps and some settings. You can then restore the ZIP from recovery after flashing ROM.

Be careful, move the ZIP to the microSD or to PC as it will be deleted if you format data!

Or you can use Titanium Backup or other similar apps too.

All requires root.
Thanks, I will try this out! Have not worked with root before (for a linux person it seems very strange that there are any tools needed for this ...) but well, I can learn something new than ;-)

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
Thanks, I will try this out! Have not worked with root before (for a linux person it seems very strange that there are any tools needed for this ...) but well, I can learn something new than ;-)
I use root mostly for running a firewall... i like to stop apps from accessing network unless they really need to!
But also for backup purposes and of course, now it's needed also for SafetyNet.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
for moving/reinstalling your apps between ROMs I suggest you use Migrate (free) or any available paid solution like Swift Backup or Alpha backup Pro, we have partially working backup and restore in latest Orange fox but with several buts :) check here or here or here

Reactions: ralfhein

fox_xda2

Oct 31, 2016
Can you describe the problem? Can you tell me if there is another custom rom AOSP based where it does not occour? I regularly use Bluetooth headsets without any issues...
Can't add more than my first post. As my other bluetooth device works fine, I guess it is linked to the codecs used, hence my request for other users feedback in my initial post.

Have not tested other aosp roms.... LOS being under development (thank you!) was the reason I got this phone when my previous died :-D

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
Can you describe the problem? Can you tell me if there is another custom rom AOSP based where it does not occour? I regularly use Bluetooth headsets without any issues...
For me, the Problem is 2-fold:
* bluetooth does show connected, but no audio is passed
* codecs (or for that matter any bluetooth settings) can not be changed in developer settings -> bluetooth codecs. My headphones all support aptx-adaptive or aptx-hd, so maybe the problem is there with the codecs, if yours (like normal bluetooth headsets made for phone calls) use just aptx (no hd, no adaptive).

I have tried ArrowOS (official Vanilla Build 20210118, but in Android 11) where bluetooth (aptx-hd) does work perfectly fine. Will try the v10 version once I sort out the backup / restore [Edit: sorry for this, it is not helpful as there is no v10 of ArrowOS for surya, I somehow missed this.]

@gardiol @pnin @jeryll thanks for backup suggestions!

Last edited:
Reactions: fox_xda2

gardiol

Feb 23, 2011
San Carlo Canavese
photos.gardiol.org
Can't add more than my first post. As my other bluetooth device works fine, I guess it is linked to the codecs used, hence my request for other users feedback in my initial post.

Have not tested other aosp roms.... LOS being under development (thank you!) was the reason I got this phone when my previous died :-D
Please get logs of when this happen and send to me. This can probably fixed easily, but i need logs.

Reactions: fox_xda2