• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM] [10] [Official] Android Open Source Mutation - hotdogb

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixandria

Apr 1, 2019
www.linuxandria..com
Welcome to Android Open Source Mutation for the OnePlus 7T
(previously Xtended-Mutate)

Code:
**DISCLAIMER**
We bear absolutely no responsibility for any damages to your device,
 from following any instructions or flashing anything we provide. 
All software is 'as-is' and no warranty is implied or stated and will not be honored.
 As always flash at your own risk.

Everything you could want in a ROM.... and more

ROM originally derived from MSM-Xtended

Features list:

- Android R notification headers
- Substratum support
- Theming (accents, gradients, dark mode)
- FOD icon customizer
- Fully customizable animations
- Different fonts included
- Full sounds customization
- Power menu customization
- Full MD2 support
- Signature spoofing
- Remove ADB notification
- Aggressive battery
- Sensor block per package
- OmniStyle and OmniJaws for headers and weather
- Ambient display and Always-On Display

And even more!

TODO:

- Rebase on Lineage sources
- Finish rebranding
- Add all the features, ALL OF THEM.
- Ok maybe not all.

What works:

- FOD works
- Alert slider works
- DC dimming works
- 60/90/Auto refresh rate

Bugs:

- Auto brightness may have issues
- The carrier Visible is known not working on latest builds.
- ??? This is where you tell us

Install instructions

* Always make sure to flash latest OxygenOS to each slot before installing this ROM!
* Flashing via fastbootd is recommended for now. Although a TWRP is available, it is closed source and therefore in violation of the TWRP GPLv3 license and we therefore cannot link to it here. OTA zips and fastbootd zips will be provided.

1. Set up adb and fastboot on your computer with the latest zip from google. Get them here
2. Ensure your device is upgraded to the latest OxygenOS. We recommend flashing latest to both slots before proceeding.
3. Reboot to bootloader
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Ensure your bootloader is unlocked. This can be done with
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
You'll need to confirm on device. T-Mobile users have to obtain the unlock from T-Mobile first.
5. Now this is the different part with Android 10. If you choose to use the non-official TWRP, you may flash the OTA zip as usual. Otherwise assuming the ROM fastbootd zip is in the same location as your prompt:
Code:
fastboot update -w <file>.zip
6. Reboot and enjoy! Never flash magisk on first reboot as this can cause issues. Always boot at least once.

Updates

* Recommended method is via fastbootd

1. With adb set up and enabled:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
2. In bootloader mode:
Code:
fastboot update <name>.zip
Reporting bugs:
- To report a bug, clean flash is MANDATORY.
- We provide no support to (Ed)Xposed users, or custom kernels (some custom kernels are known to break FOD, DC dimming, etc). Bugs should be reported with magisk in safe mode or with no modules enabled. We also provide no support for any users of AIO "tweakers" (eg, FDE.AI, LSpeed, NFS, etc), the reason being those are well known to cause instability.
- A good bug report should contain:
Code:
- Device:
- ROM version (eg date ROM was built):
- Magisk used?: 
- Tried a clean flash?: 
- Concise description (eg, no "fingerprint not working plzzz help"):
- Logcat or dmesg (for boot issues, try the Magisk Module LogCatcher, logcat's I recommend Logcat Reader. Reports without logs WILL BE IGNORED):
Support:
-Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/KNY93ke5jYFhTFYpwyR3Lw
-XDA: this thread (duh)

Downloads:

{Mod edit}
Device sources:

Kernel: https://github.com/Xtended-Mutate/kernel_oneplus_sm8150

Device: https://github.com/Xtended-Mutate/device_oneplus_hotdogb

Many thanks to:
@linuxandria
jacks84
@Abalam
Creators of MSM-Xtended
AOSiP for some device related things
BlissROMs for a handful of features
Everyone else we probably forgot to mention :p

We request all discussion to be courteous, on topic, and adding to the discussion. Any hateful or off-topic will be promptly be delt with. Moderators, do what you have to. Thank you.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [10] [Official] Android Open Source Mutation - hotdogb, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
linuxandria, Abalam, jacks84
Source Code: https://github.com/Xtended-Mutate

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.9 or newer
Based On: MSM-Xtended

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-12

Created 2020-05-14
Last Updated 2020-05-17

SuperDroidBond

Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2016
Your Heart SweetHeart
msmxtended.org
Kanging entire project without permission, isn't what we promote on xda

Congratulations you guys for getting all together now on XDA. Jack: Lets get you back on XDA so you can get some XDA points :)

And luckily, for doing that he decided to use MSM-Xtended with just logo changes and nothing further, no addition, no fixes, just nothing.

Going through the commit history was showing further more. I mean, I have heard many devs saying cherry-picking is the easiest, still people don't want to ?

Moderators, the entire of our work has been used without any notice or permission or anything. Here I mean entire of the work of Team Xtended and we object to it.

Kindly let us know the process to take down this thread.

Regards
BOND

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
And luckily, for doing that he decided to use MSM-Xtended with just logo changes and nothing further, no addition, no fixes, just nothing.

Going through the commit history was showing further more. I mean, I have heard many devs saying cherry-picking is the easiest, still people don't want to ?

Moderators, the entire of our work has been used without any notice or permission or anything. Here I mean entire of the work of Team Xtended and we object to it.

Regards
BOND
I sort of knew this was going to happen when I saw this thread but yea he basically just cloned y'all entire work without any changes hell I'm surprised it took this long tho for anyone to notice lol.

unixandria

Apr 1, 2019
www.linuxandria..com

Regards
BOND
You have absolutely no right to say this. We have violated no license, and have given all proper authorship and credits. In addition, while it is most certainly true we have based our rom on MSM-Xtended (and have never once denied it!), we have added a smattering of new features and unbroken things they have broken on our supported devices.
Kindly do not make exaggerated accusations, and if you have something to say, let's discuss it in private, not taking to public forums to complain about someone using your work. Personally if someone based off my work, I'd be complimented :p
If you want to discuss anything in a constructive manner, my telegram username is linuxandria, otherwise do not further pollute our chatrooms and threads with any more of this nonsense, thanks.

unixandria

Apr 1, 2019
www.linuxandria..com
And I'll kindly remind everyone that you have kanged the entire work of either AOSP or LOS and you don't see them coming into your xda threads complaining about using their works without violating any licenses and maintaining proper authorship.
Regards

Reactions: abalam

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
www.qrz.com
And I'll kindly remind everyone that you have kanged the entire work of either AOSP or LOS and you don't see them coming into your xda threads complaining about using their works without violating any licenses and maintaining proper authorship.
Regards
And let's not forget gzosp, either. There was no MSM without GZOSP.

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
Apr 13, 2016
Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
en.wikipedia.org
Unfortunately due to recent feedback and discussions, this thread will be locked until further notice! The project will be undergoing some serious reworking and reevaluation!

@MikeChannon if you could lock this thread we'd be grateful
THREAD CLOSED!

Please advise the moderators' team to re-open the thread when re-working and re-evaluation has been finished but especially when ready to provide a workable link to kernel source.

Request to everybody: If moderator's assistance is required, please do not simply state this in a post! XDA currently has more than 35.5M threads and we cannot and do not scan every single thread and post. For timely actions please use the report function!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone