- Jan 28, 2012
I can tell you how to switch from one to the other, but the methods I'm familiar with involve formatting /data and starting fresh, fair warning. Someone else might know a method to keep your data, but I don't. This guide applies to updating to any Android 10 ROM.
1. Install the latest stable firmware for your device from here.
2. Install a stable version of Xiaomi.EU's MIUI 11 from here.
3. Wipe everything (cache, dalvik, vendor, system, data, internal storage)
4. Reboot recovery.
5. FORMAT /data (with the 'yes' prompt)
6. Reboot recovery again
7. Install your ROM (and gapps/magisk if necessary)
This phone REALLY likes to bootloop, but the universal fix seems to be "format /data" if that happens, and if not, "flash Xiaomi.EU". No need to actually boot Xiaomi.EU, you just need all the little extra files and partitions it seems to set up. After you've done this, you shouldn't need to format /data anymore, unless data gets corrupted (corrupted folder names in recovery).
Thank you :good:
EDIT: Aren't steps 1 and 2 the same thing?