• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][Official] ArrowOS 10.0 for perseus

Search This thread

Listy2021

Jan 28, 2012
I can tell you how to switch from one to the other, but the methods I'm familiar with involve formatting /data and starting fresh, fair warning. Someone else might know a method to keep your data, but I don't. This guide applies to updating to any Android 10 ROM.

1. Install the latest stable firmware for your device from here.
2. Install a stable version of Xiaomi.EU's MIUI 11 from here.
3. Wipe everything (cache, dalvik, vendor, system, data, internal storage)
4. Reboot recovery.
5. FORMAT /data (with the 'yes' prompt)
6. Reboot recovery again
7. Install your ROM (and gapps/magisk if necessary)
8. Reboot.

This phone REALLY likes to bootloop, but the universal fix seems to be "format /data" if that happens, and if not, "flash Xiaomi.EU". No need to actually boot Xiaomi.EU, you just need all the little extra files and partitions it seems to set up. After you've done this, you shouldn't need to format /data anymore, unless data gets corrupted (corrupted folder names in recovery).

Thank you :good:

EDIT: Aren't steps 1 and 2 the same thing?

Last edited:

chelojavier

Dec 26, 2009
Sorry to tell...but in the last update (20200415), Mi Sound Enhacer isn´t working.
Everything else, works flawlessly. Best Rom i tested. This is the one for me.
Excelent battery life, videocamera (i installed Gcam F1v9.5_6.2.030) and this is the only ROM where i can record a video with decent sound level.
Gcam does not allow selecting the audio source for video and obviously does not use the main microphone for it. It is the only disadvantage of that app.

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
This morning the OTA-Icon popped up. Curious whether the OTA-Update will work without flaws I downloaded the latest version of ArrowOS 10.0 for Perseus (Arrow-v10.0-perseus-OFFICIAL-20200427-VANILLA) and triggered the installation process through OTA.

The device rebooted into Recovery, installed the new ArrowOS, re-installed Magisk 20.4 and rebooted back into system without the need for any user interaction. The whole update process went well and smooth.

All good so far with v.20200427. Very convenient and certainly a ROM to recommend :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: QuaX1

samtombson

Nov 16, 2019
Hello. Excellent ROM, thanks for your work.
Is there any way to make Google pay work with 2020-04-26 update?

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
OTA to 20200509

Just a brief report on the latest update to Arrow-v10.0-perseus-OFFICIAL-20200509:

Just initiated the latest update through OTA. The whole process went smoothly without any hiccups. All settings including SafetyNet (ctsProfile & basicIntegrity both “true”) were preserved. Certainly very convenient and time saving.

All is working well so far. The ROM is stable (never experienced any crash with it) and can be recommended as the daily driver for the MiMix 3.

Kudos to joelh for his great work and for continuously updating ArrowOS 10.0 for Perseus :good:

Mr. Jedge

Jul 31, 2007
No matter what I do, I can't get any Android 10 ROM to maintain a decent signal. Jumps all over the place, and i essentially can't make a phone call. Flashed to a Stable Xiaomi.Eu Rom prior to flashing. This only affects Android 10 ROMs. Any Ideas.

FYI my carrier is Google Fi

samtombson

Nov 16, 2019
Yes there is. I just tested this and it works flawlessly. Look here.
Thanks mate! But I already try props module for magisk hide and it didn't work for me. I've got error

Code:
MagiskHide Props Config v5.2.4
by Didgeridoohan @ XDA Developers

=====================================
 None of the module scripts appear
 to have run during boot.

This means the module won't work.

Please reboot your device and see if
 they do run.

Things to try:
 Disable EdXposed.
 Change boot stage settings or background
 execution for the boot script
 (run the props
 command with the -s option).

If the issue persists after a reboot,
 please report the issue, with logs!

Logs have automatically been saved
 to your internal storage                                (propslogs.tar.gz).

If the automatic collection failed,
 please collect the logs manually.

See the documentation for further details.
=====================================

Do you want to reboot now (y/n)?

Enter y(es) or n(o):

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Camera on 20200518-VANILLA

Just a report for joelh: I did the OTA to version 20200518-Vanilla on 2 MiMix3 today.

While the update process went flawlessly like usual all camera apps are crashing including the cam which comes with the ROM itself.
Tried different versions of Urnyx05, san1ty and BSG. Cleared data and caches inbetween and restarted the apps. All are immediately crashing after opening.

After downgrading to 20200509-Vanilla the camera app (using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8 now) is working again as expected. No force close anymore.

Last edited:

palaych

Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2017
Russia
Just a report for joelh: I did the OTA to version 20200518-Vanilla on 2 MiMix3 today.

While the update process went flawlessly like usual all camera apps are crashing including the cam which comes with the ROM itself.
Tried different versions of Urnyx05, san1ty and BSG. Cleared data and caches inbetween and restarted the apps. All are immediately crashing after opening.

After downgrading to 20200509-Vanilla the camera app (using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8 now) is working again as expected. No force close anymore.

Where logs? No logs = no bugs.
+ Try reinstall gcam what u use now or do clean flash.

https://telegra.ph/Bug-reporting-guide-01-26

Last edited:

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Where logs? No logs = no bugs.
+ Try reinstall gcam what u use now or do clean flash.

https://telegra.ph/Bug-reporting-guide-01-26

You probably wanted to say: Without any logs little can be done :cyclops:

My report wasn't ment as a *Bug* Report but just as a *simple* report on latest version. No need to get cheeky.
And you might have missed the part: "Tried different versions of Urnyx05, san1ty and BSG."

And well: Not a newbie here and not using telegram. Lazy to do a clean flash all over again and happy back to 20200509 which is working flawlessly.

Reactions: Jaitsu

JadElClemens

May 19, 2020
Since updating to the 2020-05-18 version I've had multiple problems with Google apps. YouTube and Google Pay just refuse to load content (stuck on loading spinner forever), and Google Play does not download/update apps (download gets stuck at a certain random percentage and never progresses). I have tried clearing data/cache for the apps as well as clearing system cache in TWRP.

Any tips? And is it safe to just straight up downgrade to an older version of ArrowOS?

EDIT: Also getting camera crash as described above. dmesg log: Google Drive file ID - 1a3WHokGjKWXfVlwUuF_eUQmBPEjB2ADj46zWwl_s1LE
(dmesg was too big for pastebin. Also can't post links yet :p)

Last edited:
Reactions: norio7179

samtombson

Nov 16, 2019
Since updating to the 2020-05-18 version I've had multiple problems with Google apps. YouTube and Google Pay just refuse to load content (stuck on loading spinner forever), and Google Play does not download/update apps (download gets stuck at a certain random percentage and never progresses). I have tried clearing data/cache for the apps as well as clearing system cache in TWRP.

Any tips? And is it safe to just straight up downgrade to an older version of ArrowOS?

EDIT: Also getting camera crash as described above. dmesg log: Google Drive file ID - 1a3WHokGjKWXfVlwUuF_eUQmBPEjB2ADj46zWwl_s1LE
(dmesg was too big for pastebin. Also can't post links yet :p)

Have the same problems in this rom version.

JadElClemens

May 19, 2020
It appears to be safe. I've downgraded back to the 5/10 build now, and everything seems to be totally normal again as though I'd never done the update.

Great, thanks! This seems to have worked perfectly.

----

Now, is anyone else having the following issues?
- Calls sound super echo-y on the other end (that is, my voice sounds very echo-y to other people) over SIM/cell service only. VoIP applications like WhatsApp don't have this problem.
- Calls sometimes just drop without even ringing my phone, and I get no "missed call" entry in the phone app. I can receive voicemails if they leave a message but otherwise I don't even know.

It seems like these two issues have been discussed earlier but I haven't seen any other comments on them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Click here (read more on our website)

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM
    Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended.

Device source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_device_xiaomi_perseus
    Common source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_device_xiaomi_sdm845-common
    Kernel source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845
    Vendor: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_vendor_xiaomi_sdm845

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    joelh
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Minimum MIUI V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM or V11.0.1.0.QEECNXM (stable)

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-22

Created 2020-03-25
    Last Updated 2020-06-22
    Here is the Changelog of latest version update ( 1 june ) :

Device Changelog:
    - Implement dynamic thermal profiles
    - Switch to OSS fingerprint HIDL
    - Fix camera hal crash
    - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog
    - Add battery styles and customizations
    - Merge translations from community
    - Misc changes/fixes.

SOURCE = https://t.me/s/arrowos
    Update perseus (GAPPS) | (arrow-v10.0)

2020. june 9

Device Changelog:
    - mi845: Update common blobs from polaris MIUI V11.0.5.0 global stable version
    - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog:
    - Merge June AOSP security patches
    - Fix a rare bug of wallpaper causing a system crash
    - Add Reboot/Recovery QS Tile
    - Remove QS detail view and move to Panel Intents
    - Merge translations from community
    - Misc changes/fixes.

SOURCE = https://t.me/s/arrowos
    None of the above cameras works in 04-14-2020 build, including the built-in cam

I can tell you how to switch from one to the other, but the methods I'm familiar with involve formatting /data and starting fresh, fair warning. Someone else might know a method to keep your data, but I don't. This guide applies to updating to any Android 10 ROM.

1. Install the latest stable firmware for your device from here.
    2. Install a stable version of Xiaomi.EU's MIUI 11 from here.
    3. Wipe everything (cache, dalvik, vendor, system, data, internal storage)
    4. Reboot recovery.
    5. FORMAT /data (with the 'yes' prompt)
    6. Reboot recovery again
    7. Install your ROM (and gapps/magisk if necessary)
    8. Reboot.

This phone REALLY likes to bootloop, but the universal fix seems to be "format /data" if that happens, and if not, "flash Xiaomi.EU". No need to actually boot Xiaomi.EU, you just need all the little extra files and partitions it seems to set up. After you've done this, you shouldn't need to format /data anymore, unless data gets corrupted (corrupted folder names in recovery).