[ROM][10][Official] ArrowOS 10.0 for perseus

Search This thread

Abdullah.Csit

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
Since updating to the 2020-05-18 version I've had multiple problems with Google apps. YouTube and Google Pay just refuse to load content (stuck on loading spinner forever), and Google Play does not download/update apps (download gets stuck at a certain random percentage and never progresses). I have tried clearing data/cache for the apps as well as clearing system cache in TWRP.

Any tips? And is it safe to just straight up downgrade to an older version of ArrowOS?

EDIT: Also getting camera crash as described above. dmesg log: Google Drive file ID - 1a3WHokGjKWXfVlwUuF_eUQmBPEjB2ADj46zWwl_s1LE
(dmesg was too big for pastebin. Also can't post links yet :p)

TOTALLY same here with me ! And also some of google services not working ( like google account profile picture ) ,Youtube and Google play store downloading or updating .

I tried another custom rom with same AOSP build that has ( may security patch ) and same problem with youtube .

IT'S Seems that this problem with latest AOSP build not the roms that builds on it .

__________( for your question)_______
No it's not safe to downgrade you need to format data and start over with older version

Last edited:

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
__________( for your question)_______
No it's not safe to downgrade you need to format data and start over with older version

Well NO. It is safe to downgrade.
I did a "dirty downgrade" back to v.20200510 without any problems on two devices after having upgraded to v.20200518 before.

Abdullah.Csit

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
Is the Youtube bug fixed on the last version ?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Well NO. It is safe to downgrade.
I did a "dirty downgrade" back to v.20200510 without any problems on two devices after having upgraded to v.20200518 before.

Well I did it with pixel experience 10 rom and I found myself in mi logo bootloop

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Is the Youtube bug fixed on the last version ?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Well I did it with pixel experience 10 rom and I found myself in mi logo bootloop

Then one of us seems to be in the wrong thread here. Isn't this one the thread for ArrowOS 10 for Perseus?
Nevertheless, a dirty flash from 20200518 back to 20200510 didn't ended in a bootloop but was working as expected.

As for the latest update 20200601 for ArrowOS 10 all google services ( like google account profile picture ) ,Youtube and Google play store downloading or updating are working again without any noticeable problems including GCam (using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8). Did a dirty flash from 20200510 directly to 20200601.

Reactions: Abdullah.Csit

Abdullah.Csit

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
Update perseus (GAPPS) | (arrow-v10.0)

2020. june 9

Device Changelog:
- mi845: Update common blobs from polaris MIUI V11.0.5.0 global stable version
- Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog:
- Merge June AOSP security patches
- Fix a rare bug of wallpaper causing a system crash
- Add Reboot/Recovery QS Tile
- Remove QS detail view and move to Panel Intents
- Merge translations from community
- Misc changes/fixes.

SOURCE = https://t.me/s/arrowos

Last edited:

LaDrOIdBoy

Jan 23, 2011
Installed this yesterday moving from an old Pie rom, absolutely loving it so thank you dev!
Is anyone else's Recent Apps button just straight up not working? Home and Back are fine, tried rebooting and tried swapping the order around, but still not doing anything. It still vibrates when pressed and switches to the split screen icon when long pressed

Abdullah.Csit

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
Installed this yesterday moving from an old Pie rom, absolutely loving it so thank you dev!
Is anyone else's Recent Apps button just straight up not working? Home and Back are fine, tried rebooting and tried swapping the order around, but still not doing anything. It still vibrates when pressed and switches to the split screen icon when long pressed

Did you wiped cashe and Dalvik/cashe ?

if not wipe them ( won't damage data SAFE )

If still appears try to Format data then { 1 } wipe cashe and Dalvik/cashe .. { 2 } flash latest Xiaomi.Eu miui 11 version then reboot system back to TWRP repeat { 1 } steps then flash Arrow os

Reactions: LaDrOIdBoy

Jaitsu

Anyone else not able to get safetynet to pass in the last couple of builds? I don't think I changed anything recently that should harm it, but even with the MagiskHide props config module set for perseus/10 I'm now failing ctsProfile in the last two builds.

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
Anyone else not able to get safetynet to pass in the last couple of builds? I don't think I changed anything recently that should harm it, but even with the MagiskHide props config module set for perseus/10 I'm now failing ctsProfile in the last two builds.

Have you checked with Magisk --> Settings --> Magisk Hide (<-- this should be set to "ON")?
Also below Settings --> Magisk Hide I set Magisk to hide itself from "Google Play Services".

Look here and also read the posts thereafter. Following *exactly* the instructions (post #10 up to post #18) given there solved the ctsprofile-problem not only for me.

No worries, it's a one-timer. Once done it will survive OTA and manual upgrades afterwards.

Last edited:

debugr96

Oct 29, 2011
Spain
Installed latest 2020/06/30 build with gapps over a cleanly flashed Xiaomi.EU MIUI 11 stable: I cleared all partitions (system, vendor, data, and caches) before flashing Xiaomi.EU, and cleared system and data before flashing ArrowOS. Everything seems to be working fine, had some issues with the work profile but it enrolled successfully.

I'm as well unable to pass ctsProfile checks. I ensured MagiskHide is enabled and working, checked it with a normal root checker app as per didgeridoohan's website, and enabled it for Google Play Services and Google Play Store.

I also installed both BusyBox and MagiskHide Props Config modules, and tried with many different fingerprints, such as Google Pixel 3 for Android 10, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4 XL, Xiaomi Mi 9T Europe for Android 10, and our own devices' fingerprint, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 for Android 10. No luck, sadly.

@Tamsy, could you please confirm you're running the latest 06/30 build, and maybe upload your /system/build.prop after Magisk edits it for us to compare with ours? Maybe there's some key we're missing that you inherited from old builds somehow.

Thank you kindly.

EDIT: Installed latest Magisk Canary after I saw topjohnwu's latest tweets regarding hardware-backed attestation rolling out. Sadly it seems Mi MIX 3 is now using this method, and thereby we'll never be able to pass SafetyNet again unless someone gets a brilliant idea to bypass it, which does not seem likely.

Last edited:

Jaitsu

Have you checked with Magisk --> Settings --> Magisk Hide (<-- this should be set to "ON")?
Also below Settings --> Magisk Hide I set Magisk to hide itself from "Google Play Services".

Look here and also read the posts thereafter. Following *exactly* the instructions (post #10 up to post #18) given there solved the ctsprofile-problem not only for me.

No worries, it's a one-timer. Once done it will survive OTA and manual upgrades afterwards.

Yup, as far as I can tell that's exactly what I've done. Busybox is installed, Magisk Hide is enabled (and the props config terminal printout confirms it), Google Play Services is checked, the props config terminal options are set to use the perseus Android 10 fingerprint, and I've got nothing modifying /system (basicIntegrity passes) - yet ctsProfile's failing now, and the only thing that changed between having it work versus not work was updating the ROM. It's strange, if it's still working fine for everyone else. (...but then I've also had the weird issue with 'OK Google' not working, so I'm starting to wonder if something else is weird with this phone.)

EDIT: Oh, duh. Actually just read the post above mine. Lovely. RIP in pepperoni. Well, this is going to be a fun year for Android modding. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamsy

rdhameja

Apr 15, 2016
San Diego
Hi All,
Can someone confirm if they have a related issue with android auto on this ROM? When I connect my phone to the car, the navigation (gmaps) works fine when I first launch AA. However, as soon as I select spotify or google music, android auto freezes.
The second and weirder problem happens when I disconnect the phone and AA is closed, the phone screen keeps flickering and it is not usable at all. This happens whether or not I used music apps. I have to restart my phone every single time I disconnect android auto.
I have disabled battery optimization for AA, gmaps and music apps as well.

Reactions: samtombson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Click here (read more on our website)

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM
    Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended.

Device source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_device_xiaomi_perseus
    Common source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_device_xiaomi_sdm845-common
    Kernel source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845
    Vendor: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_vendor_xiaomi_sdm845

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    joelh
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Minimum MIUI V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM or V11.0.1.0.QEECNXM (stable)

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-22

Created 2020-03-25
    Last Updated 2020-06-22
    Here is the Changelog of latest version update ( 1 june ) :

Device Changelog:
    - Implement dynamic thermal profiles
    - Switch to OSS fingerprint HIDL
    - Fix camera hal crash

Source Changelog
    - Add battery styles and customizations
    - Misc changes/fixes.

Update perseus (GAPPS) | (arrow-v10.0)

2020. june 9

Device Changelog:
    - mi845: Update common blobs from polaris MIUI V11.0.5.0 global stable version

Source Changelog:
    - Merge June AOSP security patches
    - Fix a rare bug of wallpaper causing a system crash
    - Add Reboot/Recovery QS Tile
    - Remove QS detail view and move to Panel Intents
    - Misc changes/fixes.

None of the above cameras works in 04-14-2020 build, including the built-in cam

I can tell you how to switch from one to the other, but the methods I'm familiar with involve formatting /data and starting fresh, fair warning. Someone else might know a method to keep your data, but I don't. This guide applies to updating to any Android 10 ROM.

1. Install the latest stable firmware for your device from here.
    2. Install a stable version of Xiaomi.EU's MIUI 11 from here.
    3. Wipe everything (cache, dalvik, vendor, system, data, internal storage)
    4. Reboot recovery.
    5. FORMAT /data (with the 'yes' prompt)
    6. Reboot recovery again
    7. Install your ROM (and gapps/magisk if necessary)
    8. Reboot.

This phone REALLY likes to bootloop, but the universal fix seems to be "format /data" if that happens, and if not, "flash Xiaomi.EU". No need to actually boot Xiaomi.EU, you just need all the little extra files and partitions it seems to set up. After you've done this, you shouldn't need to format /data anymore, unless data gets corrupted (corrupted folder names in recovery).