• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.12 [X01BD]

Search This thread

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Screenshots

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your X01BD, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash gapps
6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES

You Tell Me

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others...

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.12[X01BD][13-11-2020], ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
legacy07
Source Code: kernel source

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Pie
Based On: Lineage

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v6.12
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-21

Created 2019-12-21
Last Updated 2020-11-12

Last edited:

Apolle

Feb 12, 2018
The best custom Android 10 ROM I have ever used so far, and the battery and ram management just phenomenal even in 3gb of RAM. Great Job!

Reactions: Sunny Za

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
Hi @legacy07

First of all, thanks for maintaining official crDroid for this phone. As I also mentioned already on your crDroid Pie thread earlier, I really like this ROM. It is based on LineageOS with added customizations which makes it quite a good combo.

However, most of the Custom ROMs here except for the Official LineageOS and Official ArrowOS, use a Kernel which is heavily deviated from the Linux-Stable one. For example, messing with Refresh Rate of screen or unnecessary overclocks (which I don't think actually work). I am not really a fan of such untested, unnecessary additions.

You seem to be using a relatively stable Kernel which seems to be in-line with Linux-Stable (in your Pie Builds). So, I wanted to know which Kernel are you using for this one? The source isn't mentioned here (at the time of writing this). Further, a source with commit history will be really appreciated.

There is one request of mine. Can you put out a standalone LineageOS or ArrowOS Kernel compiled for your crDroid? It would be helpful for guys like me if you don't want to ship that Kernel by default in your builds. :)

Once again, thanks for maintain such an Amazing ROM for our device. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahaadev1717

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
Hi @legacy07

First of all, thanks for maintaining official crDroid for this phone. As I also mentioned already on your crDroid Pie thread earlier, I really like this ROM. It is based on LineageOS with added customizations which makes it quite a good combo.

However, most of the Custom ROMs here except for the Official LineageOS and Official ArrowOS, use a Kernel which is heavily deviated from the Linux-Stable one. For example, messing with Refresh Rate of screen or unnecessary overclocks (which I don't think actually work). I am not really a fan of such untested, unnecessary additions.

You seem to be using a relatively stable Kernel which seems to be in-line with Linux-Stable (in your Pie Builds). So, I wanted to know which Kernel are you using for this one? The source isn't mentioned here (at the time of writing this). Further, a source with commit history will be really appreciated.

There is one request of mine. Can you put out a standalone LineageOS or ArrowOS Kernel compiled for your crDroid? It would be helpful for guys like me if you don't want to ship that Kernel by default in your builds. :)

Once again, thanks for maintain such an Amazing ROM for our device. :)

Well, I haven't decided whether to continue with the kernel "katnis" which was used in pie builds. I made it just because I found some features I used seem missing in the Arrow kernel. In this initial build, i have used the kernel of lineageos. The future depends on the public opinion of this build, afterwards the source will be updated accordingly.

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
Well, I haven't decided whether to continue with the kernel "katnis" which was used in pie builds. I made it just because I found some features I used seem missing in the Arrow kernel. In this initial build, i have used the kernel of lineageos. The future depends on the public opinion of this build, afterwards the source will be updated accordingly.

Great! I'll switch to the initial build. However, I hope you continue using the ArrowOS Kernel. :good:

Reactions: Mahaadev1717

PmDPt122

Jun 19, 2018
I'm facing the same issue that i faced in superior phoenix rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191223-005805_crDroid_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20191223-005805_crDroid_Home.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
hello sir, i installed this for 2 days. it is almost perfect except
1. charging speed is slow.
2. add user selectable volte icon.
3. smart charging.
please consider. happy holidays.

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
3. smart charging.

Crdroid always comes with a safehouse kernel which never supports smart/fast charging or such bleeding edge features. If you need the feature, change the kernel under your own risk

Last edited:

Sdsahu101

Dec 19, 2017
Angul
Found a bug where after some time the network traffic indicator is stuck at some values and does not refreshes even if we turn on and off the internet again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191223-205208_Netflix.png
    Screenshot_20191223-205208_Netflix.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 294

michael_hamada

Will there be support for the "smart bar" of navigation buttons, as in Pie?

And Navigation bar visibility toggle state won't remain after reboot.:(

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

I love crDroid but I can't figure out why 6.0 won't boot up if I remove system apps, even though Music, Mail and Browser which I could remove with no problem in 5.9.:confused:

Sdsahu101

Dec 19, 2017
Angul
And Navigation bar visibility toggle state won't remain after reboot.:(

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

I love crDroid but I can't figure out why 6.0 won't boot up if I remove system apps, even though Music, Mail and Browser which I could remove with no problem in 5.9.:confused:
I didn't face any problems in removing them may be you should try again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Screenshots

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your X01BD, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES

You Tell Me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others...

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.12[X01BD][13-11-2020], ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    legacy07
    Source Code: kernel source

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Pie
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v6.12
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-21

Created 2019-12-21
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    kernel katnis_

kx_216 [Q P]
    kx_214 [Q P]
    kx_210 [Q]
    kx_206 [Q]
    3. smart charging.

Crdroid always comes with a safehouse kernel which never supports smart/fast charging or such bleeding edge features. If you need the feature, change the kernel under your own risk
    Hi @legacy07

Since the new build includes Katnis Kernel, what changes are there when compared to ArrowOS/LineageOS Kernel?

Moreover, the Kernel Source for Katnis isn't there on the first post at the time of writing this. A source with commit history will be really appreciated.

BTW, thanks for the monthly stable updates.

EDIT:
    Two days ago (11th Jan), crDroid v6.2 got released. If you could do an update for that, it would be great! :)

Sorry I wasnt around. Kernel source updated, Crdroid 6.2 is on the way :good: