• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.12 [X01BD]

Search This thread

ish.org

Mar 7, 2015
Tokyo
I updated to v6.7 (crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200610-X01BD-v6.7) with dirty flash.
It works NFC, I can read pasmo ( that is a rechargeable contactless smart card, electronic money system in Tokyo, Japan).
And LDAC/aptX HD/AAC is working with sony WI-1000XM2/WH-CH700N/WI-C310.
Thank you for good job.

P.S. After dirty flash, I could not unlock screen pin so I did 'adb shell' and 'rm /data/system/locksettings.db' and rebooted.

michael_hamada

I updated to v6.7 (crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200610-X01BD-v6.7) with dirty flash.
It works NFC, I can read pasmo ( that is a rechargeable contactless smart card, electronic money system in Tokyo, Japan).
And LDAC/aptX HD/AAC is working with sony WI-1000XM2/WH-CH700N/WI-C310.
Thank you for good job.

P.S. After dirty flash, I could not unlock screen pin so I did 'adb shell' and 'rm /data/system/locksettings.db' and rebooted.
THX for the info.
But I can't flash 6.7 'cause it requires 17.2018.2004.424 or newer:confused:
Hmmm...that's a beta version of Android 10...Have I done something wrong?
Or should I upgrade the firmware to the stock 10 first?

Last edited:

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
Same problem here. I'm facing the same issue. I was on cr droid 6.6 build

THX for the info.
But I can't flash 6.7 'cause it requires 17.2018.2004.424 or newer:confused:
Hmmm...that's a beta version of Android 10...Have I done something wrong?
Or should I upgrade the firmware to the stock 10 first?

It's for keeping the firmware up-to-date. If you don't have the updated firmware atm, you may edit the updater script to avoid the check.

Last edited:

michael_hamada

It's for keeping the firmware up-to-date. If you don't have the updated firmware atm, you may edit the updater script to avoid the check.
Yes, deleting the assert line was the last method I could imagine.
But I wanted to confirm that the firmware specified by updater is the one we MUST have or not. 'Cause not every SKU can get the latest firmware from ASUS.
Anyway, I could flash 6.7 and everything is fine for me so far.
THX dev:cowboy:

ish.org

Mar 7, 2015
Tokyo
When I read/write emails other than google account with the gmail app on crDroid v6.7, I'm having trouble that gmail app crashes.
I don't know which is worse, the gmail app or crDroid v6.7.

Imashishvasava

May 12, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
invalid zip file formate after edited updater script

It's for keeping the firmware up-to-date. If you don't have the updated firmware atm, you may edit the updater-script to avoid the check.
thanks for replay.
I edited the updater-script with notepad and repacked from zip with WinRAR. but when I tried to flash it in TWRP it says invalid zip file formate.:(.
which software do I have to use to repack ROM zip? please help

michael_hamada

thanks for replay.
I edited the updater-script with notepad and repacked from zip with WinRAR. but when I tried to flash it in TWRP it says invalid zip file formate.:(.
which software do I have to use to repack ROM zip? please help
How about Mixplorer (and MixArchiver addon)?
You don't need PC and you don't need to unpack/repack too.
You can edit files in the zip archive directly.
Mixplorer free version is available from XDA forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imashishvasava

michael_hamada

hello dev. error 7 appeared in 6.7 build. please look through it. thanks.
Please describe your issue correctly, mate.
If the error message have told you that your firmware is not up-to-date, you should read the Dev's post carefully from few pages ago.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

thank you. You saved my day:D:good:
I installed Mixplorer and edited updater-script without unpacking from zip. Now I'm on CrDroid 6.7.
Glad to hear that!
You're welcome mate.

Nov 22, 2015
Please describe your issue correctly, mate.
If the error message have told you that your firmware is not up-to-date, you should read the Dev's post carefully from few pages ago.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Glad to hear that!
You're welcome mate.
yes exactly the firmware isse. i read dev post but couldn't understand. please simplify the process. I am noob.

michael_hamada

yes exactly the firmware isse. i read dev post but couldn't understand. please simplify the process. I am noob.
Ok, so this is the way you should go.
1. Download 6.7 manually (OTA will work but to make thing simple enough, you'd be better to download manually.)
2. Find a file named ”updater-script" in the downloaded zip file. Its location is META-INF\com\google\android.
3. Unpack the file and edit(see the next step) with text editor like Windows Notepad or similar one.
4. You have to delete the lines from ”assert(getprop("ro.product.device") " to "Please upgrade firmware and retry!") ; );".
In other words, the modified file starts with the line "ui_print("Target: google/walleye/...".
5. Save the file and repack into the zip file (replace the original one).
6. Flash normally.

That's all.
And I strongly recommend Mixplorer to make things easier.
Regards;

Last edited:
Reactions: rajesh5thapril
Nov 22, 2015
Ok, so this is the way you should go.
1. Download 6.7 manually (OTA will work but to make thing simple enough, you'd be better to download manually.)
2. Find a file named ”updater-script" in the downloaded zip file. Its location is META-INF\com\google\android.
3. Unpack the file and edit(see the next step) with text editor like Windows Notepad or similar one.
4. You have to delete the lines from ”assert(getprop("ro.product.device") " to "Please upgrade firmware and retry!") ; );".
In other words, the modified file starts with the line "ui_print("Target: google/walleye/...".
5. Save the file and repack into the zip file (replace the original one).
6. Flash normally.

That's all.
And I strongly recommend Mixplorer to make things easier.
Regards;
i did the process. but twrp showing invalid zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Screenshots

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your X01BD, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES

You Tell Me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others...

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.12[X01BD][13-11-2020], ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    legacy07
    Source Code: kernel source

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Pie
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v6.12
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-21

Created 2019-12-21
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    kernel katnis_

kx_216 [Q P]
    kx_214 [Q P]
    kx_210 [Q]
    kx_206 [Q]
    hello sir, i installed this for 2 days. it is almost perfect except
    1. charging speed is slow.
    2. add user selectable volte icon.
    3. smart charging.
    please consider. happy holidays.

Crdroid always comes with a safehouse kernel which never supports smart/fast charging or such bleeding edge features. If you need the feature, change the kernel under your own risk
    Hi @legacy07

Since the new build includes Katnis Kernel, what changes are there when compared to ArrowOS/LineageOS Kernel?

Moreover, the Kernel Source for Katnis isn't there on the first post at the time of writing this. A source with commit history will be really appreciated.

BTW, thanks for the monthly stable updates.

EDIT:
    Two days ago (11th Jan), crDroid v6.2 got released. If you could do an update for that, it would be great! :)

Sorry I wasnt around. Kernel source updated, Crdroid 6.2 is on the way :good: