LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki for more details.
1. Since TWRP doesn't work on Q for our device yet, you can use the lineage recovery. It's built into the rom's boot.img and is available separately on the download portal, named recovery image.
2. The newest vendor, radio, & bootloader img's are included in the rom zip, so no need to flash those manually.
3. Lineage comes with adb root that you can enable in developer options, but if you want root for apps, you can install the magisk apk, then follow these boot.img patching instructions. Use the file labeled 'recovery image' on the lineage rom download portal, which is actually just the boot.img. It is renamed to recovery to simplify the rom install steps.
blueline rom: https://download.lineageos.org/blueline
crosshatch rom: https://download.lineageos.org/crosshatch
gapps: (gapps are optional) - link / WARNING: Only use pico or nano gapps.
google fi gapps addon - if your carrier is Google Fi, flash this zip right after flashing gapps zip. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682871038
FOR INITIAL INSTALL
For normal updating from official 17.1 to a newer official 17.1, follow these steps:
Protip: Enable "Prioritize update process" in the Updater preferences to make it go faster
Alternative manual updating instructions:
1. boot into lineage recovery.
2. install rom zip.
3. if you use gapps, select the "reboot into recovery" option, then install the gapps zips.
crosshatch device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_crosshatch/tree/lineage-17.1
blueline device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_blueline/tree/lineage-17.1
kernel tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9/tree/lineage-17.1
vendor tree: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_google/tree/lineage-17.1
Many thanks to my fellow LineageOS team members and all the contributors out there in the community. :good:
Android version: 10
Kernel version: 4.9.210
Status: Official Nightly