• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] lineage-17.1 for Pixel 3/XL (blueline/crosshatch)

Search This thread

b8842dc0

Nov 11, 2015
Is anybody having update problems with the latest nightly? I have a pixel 3 (blueline) that is successfully running the September 15 nightly. Today, I updated to the October 27th nightly. The phone never successfully boots up. I see nothing but the lineage boot animation. Finally, after about 10 or 15 minutes, it reboots a few times, and finally finishes booting -- and I'm taken back to the September 15 image. Obviously, the A/B partition stuff is working well, thankfully -- as I'm back on a working image. But I'm not sure what is going on that is preventing me from updating to a newer version. I might try the previous week's October 20th nightly, but I guess I'm hoping to hear some reports from others before I keep working on it.

I was able to upgrade using the OTA. For some reason all of the recent releases are failing to boot, when the upgrade is applied using the LOS recovery (via adb sideload). But the OTA update to 20201103 worked.

gfunkzero

Aug 14, 2010
Updates have been perfect, only issue is after every OTA I loose root, just gonna make do without it though.

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
The bad news is that reflashing Magisk after OTA has been disabled. The good news is that Magisk now survives an OTA upgrade with no action required!

Reactions: gfunkzero

gfunkzero

Aug 14, 2010
I patched the boot image then installed via adb sideload.

Looking back, I noticed it only patched one slot Is there a different command to flash/patch both slots?

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
I don't think that would matter. It gets overwritten anyway. I noticed there's a 99-magisk.sh in my /system/addon.d. Do you have that? I wonder if that doesn't get installed if you patch the boot image yourself.

By the way, I just took another OTA and magisk is still there after it completed.

gfunkzero

Aug 14, 2010
I don't think that would matter. It gets overwritten anyway. I noticed there's a 99-magisk.sh in my /system/addon.d. Do you have that? I wonder if that doesn't get installed if you patch the boot image yourself.

By the way, I just took another OTA and magisk is still there after it completed.

I dont have that file, I'll look at installing via sideload thanks

On topic this ROM has been stable as usual for many months

MHV8

Aug 1, 2018
Hello, i was on Stock Android 11 and now on Scorpion OS Android 11, is it possible to flash LOS 17.1?

H2avo

Mar 22, 2021
flashing zip with no errors. reboot system now and google os comes up... what am i missing
particain wipe?

Last edited:

batpoil

Jun 27, 2018
Last edited:

gold2010

Jan 9, 2021
do anyone has problems with SMS? (in GSM/2G/3G/4G) I opened a bug report here

SMS never works (official zip:
lineage-17.1-20210420-nightly-blueline-signed.zip

Solved the problem for los17.1 (I do not have gapps)

Just disable these 2 things by adb command

Code:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.euicc
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.ims

From : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...1-for-pixel-3-xl-blueline-crosshatch.4185847/

Last edited:

halletienne

Apr 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you for your amazing work.

I am encountering an issue I do not know how to fix or find any information. It is related to the device's USB-C port

I bought a supposedly "new" Pixel 3 on Rakuten from Hong-Kong (I am in Europe) during February, used it some days with its stock ROM.
Then flashed it with this ROM. Everything was going really well, microG, magisk. The USB-C port was able to do as asked : charge, adb, audio, MTP, etc... I precise adb and fastboot were also functional with the bootloader and recovery.
And some day later I noticed my headphones (USB-C) stopped working : the phone was still playing sound through its own speakers. I discovered that adb was not working anymore. Same goes for MTP. I tried multiple cables and computers, rebooting everything I could. Even switch computer OSes. I tried to reboot the phone to recovery, or bootloader but it was still not available through adb or fastboot. I used the option in lineage recovery to make a factory reset, but it didn't change antyhing. The weird thing was that charging the phone was still perfectly okay.

And as, in the current state of TWRP (not available with this android version), I am not able to flash anything without adb or fastboot. I wanted to put it back in its original state (stock rom) to send it back to the seller but I couldn't. I still sent it back to the seller to get a replacement.

Took more than one month to get the replacement (postal services went haywire) but it got another Pixel 3. Screen has a small black circle and power/ volumes buttons were missing a bit of paint. So not a "new" Pixel 3. But I was still kinda happy to finally got a phone back.

I ran some checks : headphones, adb, fastboot, mtp were all okay with stock ROM. Decided to flash again to this ROM, with the same general options (MicroG, Magisk). Everything was again perfectly working with this LineageOS. Recovery and bootloader were also good, headphones were playing sound. And....
Yesterday I plugged my headset to make a call, and noticed that it stopped working. Same as before. And I got back to the same situation were no data could get transferred through cable, nor audio. The charge is, once again, still functional.
I tried to check logcat, and dmesg through ADB over network, but I didn't find anything standing out. My computer does not even see it getting connected when I check the computer logs (dmesg, journalctl, lsusb...).
Tried to see if the USB-C port has some dust in it with a tiny needle and nothing really came out.

I am a bit lost. Have I done something wrong to put my phone in this state ? Anyone has ever encountered something like this with the Google Pixel 3 ? Any lead of how to fix this ? I am looking for any advice.

I cannot really afford to send it back, again, to the seller.

I ordered a new Google Pixel 3 Charging Assembly part. I am going to try to replace the current one. It is a bit of a desperate move, I think

Slool

Mar 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I was on the 30 march build and decided to update to the 4 of May build but there is something wrong happening when trying to unlock the phone. The fingerprint, double tap or power button doesn't wake up the phone immediately (had to wait for 5/10 seconds or more). I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue but downgrading didn't fix the issue.
Best regards.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts