LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki for more details.
1. If you use twrp it will ask if you want to install the twrp app. Make sure you tap "DO NOT INSTALL".
2. If you care about your stuff, make a backup in TWRP first, just in case. Transfer it to a pc, along with all your stuff in internal storage.
3. The newest vendor, radio, & bootloader img's are included in the rom zip, so no need to worry about flashing those manually.
4. Lineage comes with adb root that you can enable in developer options, but if you want root for apps, flash the magisk zip in recovery. Just don't flash it during initial lineage install, as it's known to cause bootloop if you do.
marlin rom: https://download.lineageos.org/marlin
sailfish rom: https://download.lineageos.org/sailfish
gapps: (gapps are optional) link WARNING: Only use nano or pico because the system partition is too small on our device.
google fi gapps addon: if your carrier is Google Fi, flash this zip right after flashing the gapps zip. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682871038
FOR INITIAL INSTALL
For normal updating from official 17.1 to a newer official 17.1, follow these steps:
Protip: Enable "Prioritize update process" in the Updater preferences to make it go faster
NOTE: If you're updating from my unofficial build to the official nightlies, follow steps here.
Alternative manual updating instructions:
1. boot into lineage recovery.
2. install rom zip.
3. if you use gapps or magisk, select the "reboot into recovery" option, then install those zips.
FOR UPGRADING (From official 16.0 to official 17.1, for example)
Marlin Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_marlin/tree/lineage-17.1
Sailfish Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_sailfish/tree/lineage-17.1
Kernel tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_marlin/tree/lineage-17.1
Vendor tree: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_google/tree/lineage-17.1
Many thanks to my fellow LineageOS team members and all the contributors out there in the community. :good:
Android version: 10
Kernel version: 3.18.137