• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] lineage-17.1 for Pixels (marlin/sailfish)

Search This thread

lichan

Jan 9, 2011
Oklahoma City
Thanks, I did reboot to try it again and when it came up the updater showed that it had been updated to the new version. I think it had gotten through the install but got the stopped error before putting out the Reboot message, so rebooting was all that needed to be done to complete the install,

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
I have the issue that the proximity sensor reports 0cm (according to the io.kodular.borekbandell.Proximity_sensor_test app) with the build from 20210821 (which is identical to the latest build). I cannot tell for sure if it is a HW or SW issue.

Since the phone app blanks the screen, whenever I dial a phone number until either the other party ends the call or I do a hard reboot of the phone, it would be important to find at least a workaround (e.g. disable the sensor, i.e. make it always report nothing nearby).

I tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledirection.proximitysensorreset but it did not change anything.

Update:
It was most likely a hardware issue. After my device felt down 4m (don't try with your device, the device can break!) the sensor works again.

Last edited:

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Edit 3- Reverting to 22-Sep LOS17.1 seems to have resolved my issue.

Edit 2- The problem is back. None of the sensors is working. Problem came back after I tried to restore bluetooth pairings from Titanium Backup..nothing got restored, and the sensors stopped working. Now I don't know what to do.

Edit 1- Got them all working by removing all Connected Devices and rebooting. In case one of you faces the same problem. 👍

Original post-
Guys, it seems all my phone sensors stopped working after October 13 update. Light sensor, proximity sensor, gyro sensor... All don't work. Anybody else facing this problem?

Last edited:

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013

Edit 2- The problem is back. None of the sensors is working. Problem came back after I tried to restore bluetooth pairings from Titanium Backup..nothing got restored, and the sensors stopped working. Now I don't know what to do.

Edit 1- Got them all working by removing all Connected Devices and rebooting. In case one of you faces the same problem. 👍

Original post-
Guys, it seems all my phone sensors stopped working after October 13 update. Light sensor, proximity sensor, gyro sensor... All don't work. Anybody else facing this problem?
Interesting, I have only problems with the fingerprint reader and the microphone. The microphone always dies a few minutes after reboot (phyphox reports -infinity), fingerprint does not work at all.

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Interesting, I have only problems with the fingerprint reader and the microphone. The microphone always dies a few minutes after reboot (phyphox reports -infinity), fingerprint does not work at all.
Try booting in safe mode. If all works well in that mode then some app is causing the issue, most probably Magisk. If in safe mode also you face problems, then either the ROM is at fault or there's a hardware problem. Best way to check is revert to stock using flashall with wipe option (-w). Everything should work then, unless there's a hardware problem.

Reactions: rdorsch

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
Try booting in safe mode. If all works well in that mode then some app is causing the issue, most probably Magisk. If in safe mode also you face problems, then either the ROM is at fault or there's a hardware problem. Best way to check is revert to stock using flashall with wipe option (-w). Everything should work then, unless there's a hardware problem.
Excellent advice. It seems in safe mode everything works reliably and I have magrisk installed on the device. It seems I have to go through a wipe and a complete reinstallation and get rid of magrisk.

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Excellent advice. It seems in safe mode everything works reliably and I have magrisk installed on the device. It seems I have to go through a wipe and a complete reinstallation and get rid of magrisk.
Instead of this, you could start by simply unrooting first and see how it goes. If it's ok, then disable modules one by one to see which is causing problems.

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
Instead of this, you could start by simply unrooting first and see how it goes. If it's ok, then disable modules one by one to see which is causing problems.
I digged somewhat more into this, but it seems magisk is not properly installed, at least Root Checker claims that Root access is not properly installed on this device.

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
I went through a reinstallation with the lineageos build of today w/o magisk, but it seems the microphone goes again after sometime again. Now trying again in safe mode to check if this has the same problem.

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
I went through a reinstallation with the lineageos build of today w/o magisk, but it seems the microphone goes again after sometime again. Now trying again in safe mode to check if this has the same problem.
The microphone problem is also there in safe mode. I tried with the Rekorder app, after reboot it works as expected, but after a while the recording remains empty (complete silence, without safe mode phyphox shows -infinity).

In logcat I see

Code:
10-17 09:38:43.005  3061  3061 D SoundRecorderService: Sound recorder service started recording…
10-17 09:38:43.020   648  5567 I AudioFlinger: AudioFlinger's thread 0x7ba83ff380 tid=5567 ready to run
10-17 09:38:43.032   648  1313 I SoundTriggerHwService::Module: onCallbackEvent no clients
10-17 09:38:43.032   623   623 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Failed to get IAshmemDeviceService.
10-17 09:38:43.032   623   623 I chatty  : uid=1041(audioserver) [email protected] identical 1 line
10-17 09:38:43.033   623   623 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Failed to get IAshmemDeviceService.

I am running lineage-17.1-20211016-nightly-sailfish-signed.zip with open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20211016.zip .

Does anybody know what IAshmemDeviceService (or ashmemd) is doing and if it can be restarted w/o rebooting the entire phone?

Here is the complete logcat output:

Any idea or hint is welcome.

I would next try Stock ROM and if this works something like Pixeldust.

astrod

Jul 24, 2014
Google Pixel
The microphone problem is also there in safe mode. I tried with the Rekorder app, after reboot it works as expected, but after a while the recording remains empty (complete silence, without safe mode phyphox shows -infinity).

In logcat I see

Code:
10-17 09:38:43.005  3061  3061 D SoundRecorderService: Sound recorder service started recording…
10-17 09:38:43.020   648  5567 I AudioFlinger: AudioFlinger's thread 0x7ba83ff380 tid=5567 ready to run
10-17 09:38:43.032   648  1313 I SoundTriggerHwService::Module: onCallbackEvent no clients
10-17 09:38:43.032   623   623 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Failed to get IAshmemDeviceService.
10-17 09:38:43.032   623   623 I chatty  : uid=1041(audioserver) [email protected] identical 1 line
10-17 09:38:43.033   623   623 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Failed to get IAshmemDeviceService.

I am running lineage-17.1-20211016-nightly-sailfish-signed.zip with open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20211016.zip .

Does anybody know what IAshmemDeviceService (or ashmemd) is doing and if it can be restarted w/o rebooting the entire phone?

Here is the complete logcat output:

Any idea or hint is welcome.

I would next try Stock ROM and if this works something like Pixeldust.
FWIW, I do not have any issues with the microphone or sensors on this same device running magisk rooted lineage os 17.1.

Reactions: rdorsch

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
FWIW, I do not have any issues with the microphone or sensors on this same device running magisk rooted lineage os 17.1.
@razorloves pointed out on IRC that the pixel has a hardware weakness in the microphone:

among other issues

Your message that you do not see any problems, confirms that I hit the well know microphone hardware issue :-/

Seems I need a new phone.

Reactions: astrod

Noeljunior

Sep 17, 2013
Coimbra

Original post-
Hi

I have the same problem.

After the latest update, I lost all sensors. Some notes:
- uninstalling magisk did not solve the problem;
- the sensors do work for for some time after a reboot.

Does anyone have a working older lineageos image that can upload? Thanks!

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Hi

I have the same problem.

After the latest update, I lost all sensors. Some notes:
- uninstalling magisk did not solve the problem;
- the sensors do work for for some time after a reboot.

Does anyone have a working older lineageos image that can upload? Thanks!
My 22Sep build also lost its sensors in a couple of days. I then flashed LOS 18.1 unofficial by npjohnson. All's working well in that build but there's a bit faster battery drain.
You could try it, or if you want to remain on official LOS 17.1 then try a factory reset and reflashing the latest build - just might resolve sensors issue for you... If you do this, do post if it worked or not.

Reactions: Noeljunior

rdorsch

Sep 21, 2013
My 22Sep build also lost its sensors in a couple of days. I then flashed LOS 18.1 unofficial by npjohnson. All's working well in that build but there's a bit faster battery drain.
You could try it, or if you want to remain on official LOS 17.1 then try a factory reset and reflashing the latest build - just might resolve sensors issue for you... If you do this, do post if it worked or not.
I did a factory reset on my device before installing lineage-17.1-20211016-nightly-sailfish-signed.zip but the problem did not go away. But I loose microphone and I found in the meantime also the loudspeaker seems to be affected.

But I think as you suggested in a previous post it is important to get HW and SW issues separated. The best approach is to do a factory reset and flash stock as a proven image. If the problem is also there, then it is a HW issue and there is no point searching further on the SW side.

Noeljunior

Sep 17, 2013
Coimbra
Sorry, I meant reset, yes. I really have no time for that now.

New info:
The sensors did work for some minutes. I did not change a thing and I didn't install magisk back yet.

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
Hi guys! Here another affected by the sensors, none of them work (microphone and speaker yes).

In my case, I noticed that the sensors were failing a few days ago, but I did not care because it was not a constant failure. I was at LOS 17.1 in a September version, because until yesterday I hadn't updated to the latest version for a month. I also have Magisk. An app test confirmed the failure of the sensors.

So yesterday I updated to the latest version and for a few moments everything worked fine (with test app confirmed it), until I changed a setting of the status bar and suddenly everything stopped working. Weird or a fluke.

First, I tried clearing Dalvik cache from TWRP, but it didn't work. So, I went into Safe Mode and all the sensors are working smoothly. So I don't know where the problem is, I just know that it is software problem. After a few reboots, the sensors work for a few seconds and then fail again, checked. Will any background service be blocked?

I would not like to have to install LOS 17.1 again, it is boring, but especially since I have seen that in Safe Mode everything works fine. I do not know what to do. I have not found any problematic app either.

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts