[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] lineage-17.1 for Pixels (marlin/sailfish)

Search This thread
G

GuestK00387

Looks good so far on sailfish, everything restored perfectly from Google backup. Initial feedback, telegram, SMS, email, Google account stuff all works, will report back tomorrow if anything out the ordinary crop ups during the days useage.

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
I can't seem to get Magisk to stick. I got it flashed immediately, and was able to grant root to one app. Then after a reboot, other apps won't see it. I'm guessing it's got something to do with TWRP not being able to mount system or vendor

G

GuestK00387

Nothing major to report on sailfish build, calls, GPS, split screen, gesture navigation, double tap to sleep/wake and network traffic indicator are all good. Battery drain is as stock 10/Q ?

Love4Taylor

Dec 28, 2015
www.love4taylor.com
Google Chrome Stable can't login, but Beta and Dev can. btw, Chrome Canary can't be installed, Google Play shows only about 8MB downloaded.

UPDATE 1:
Google Calendar can't be installed either, i need to download the old version from apkmirror and upgrade with Google Play.

UPDATE 2:
Google Contacts keeps crashing.
log: https://dl.love4taylor.me/logs/lineage-17.0-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-sailfish-google-contacts-crash.log
Google Messages keeps crashing.
log: https://dl.love4taylor.me/logs/lineage-17.0-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-sailfish-google-messages-crash.log

Last edited:

Love4Taylor

Dec 28, 2015
www.love4taylor.com
looks like the same problem gmail has.
try the same workaround that gmail needed.
will probably work for any google apps that have that problem.
just go to settings->apps, and manually give permissions to the app.

I have given all permissions to the app, but it doesn't work. Until I completely uninstall Magisk, everything is back to normal.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

The built-in music app and Phonograph has no sound for playing music, but YouTube, Chrome doesn't have this problem.
log: https://dl.love4taylor.me/logs/lineage-17.0-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-sailfish-audio-crash.log

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
logical particians pixel 2,3,4 but not OG pixel so dought customs ROMs possible except pixel 1 .But not expert on that subject

cliffordd

Dec 6, 2014
Has anyone managed to dirty flash from Lineage 16 official to 17, using the migration zip?

Darthsternie

Feb 12, 2013
darthsternie.net
Has anyone managed to dirty flash from Lineage 16 official to 17, using the migration zip?

It worked for me but I can't recommend it. The system had lots of problems after the dirty-upgrade, consisting of broken contacts app, lots and lots of Application crashed messages that disappeared by themselves and lots more.
If you want to try it out do a clean flash but I can't really advise using it as a daily driver if that's what you want to achieve.
It's still alpha and many features are not there yet ;) (Also Android Auto and Titanium Backup didn't work anymore for me on Android 10 so if you need them better wait)

ninjæon

Jan 7, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have a similar issue, root seems to last for about 30 min then it drops and i can't get it back. Reverted back to pie

Instead of Titanium Backup, try free "oandbackup". Worked like a charm for me to backup and restore 200 apps going from rooted Pie to stock+rooted 10.

If doing full wipe plus internal storage and needing to transfer then restore tons of files over USB, I recommend using ADB instead of MTP because its 10x faster. I used "Android ADB File Explorer" tool to facilitate this since I am not fresh on my command line syntax.

Top Liked Posts