[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] lineage-17.1 for Pixels (marlin/sailfish)

Search This thread

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
That good to know. (I just not updated mine for long time since it been stable and great)! I have been downloading the new builds here and there just in case I do want to update.

astrod

Jul 24, 2014
Google Pixel
I moved from Google stock rooted to LineageOS a few months ago. You will have to Factory Reset the first time you install LineageOS. Be sure to backup everything. I used the following files:
1. Latest LineageOS zip (obviously).
2. Opengapps Pico zip from the link in the first post of this thread.
3. Twrp 3.4.0-0 img (I dont care about installing twrp on my phone. I just want to be able to boot into twrp using my PC).

I copied the ROM and Gapps files into my phones internal storage.
I DID NOT remove my PIN (contrary to what is being suggested numerous times). Having a PIN does not impact anything in this process.
Booted into fastboot mode (Power and Vol-Down buttons together).
Connected my phone to my PC and checked if my phone was recognized: fastboot devices
Waited a minute for the PC to be ready with necessary files (automatic process), and when it was ready, 'fastboot devices' showed up my phone.
Booted into twrp using - fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0.img
Entered my PIN to decrypt my phone's storage.
Factory Reset my phone (the default option where internal storage and media are NOT wiped).
Installed the LineageOS ROM zip file from internal storage of the phone.
Rebooted Recovery (important to NOT reboot the phone if you want Gapps as well. Reboot into recovery so that your active slot changes to the one where ROM was installed).

IMPORTANT: on reboot to recovery, your phone may show a dead android since there is no recovery on the phone. Dont sweat... simply press Power and Vol-Down together for a while and then leave them. Your phone should switch off. Pls ensure your phone should NOT boot up. Press Power and Vol-Down again on the switched off phone to get into bootloader mode. Connect your phone to your PC and fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0.img.

Now back within twrp, enter your PIN again (yes, the phone remembers your PIN).
You will notice that your active slot has changed to the one where your ROM was installed.
Now simply install the pico Gapps zip file.
While within twrp, you should go to Mount option and check System to mount it.
Then go to twrp's file manager and go to /system/etc/sysconfig and delete the file Pixel-2018-exclusive.xml (this will ensure unlimited years for your pics and vids on Google).
Go back to Mount and uncheck System.
Now reboot the phone and enjoy LineageOS.

And YES... the ROM has Notification Light Settings, Night Light and Live Display.
Also, if you want, you can download Google Camera from Playstore for your pics/vids.

I then went on to root this ROM using Magisk using Twrp boot again.
I just wanted to say that I followed the instructions from @gverma1 to move from stock rooted to rooted LOS on my pixel1, and it worked flawlessly. The new OS is more responsive, seems to maintain battery longer, and is more secure. Things also seem to work better, for example on stock I was having connection issues with Wifi and bluetooth, while they are working flawlessly (so far) on LOS. So I want to thank @razorloves, the LOS community, and @gverma1 for the detailed instructions.

I also wanted to suggest that using Migrate to save apps and data on (rooted) stock and restore them on LOS is the way to go!

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Is this ROM dead/dying! No changes in the last two updates! Would have loved to see LineageOS 18.1 Official for Marlin.
More so since this device is supported for unlimited Google Photos backup forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjnews
I did a fresh installation of LOS 17.1 nightly on both sailfish/ marlin (since it was the only one I can find on the website) and I can't connect to my 5Ghz WiFi network on both devices. Both devices will recognize the 5Ghz network and connect to the network for a second and then disconnect from it. Maybe it's because I'm a nightly ROM? Does anyone know what's wrong with it?

astrod

Jul 24, 2014
Google Pixel
I did a fresh installation of LOS 17.1 nightly on both sailfish/ marlin (since it was the only one I can find on the website) and I can't connect to my 5Ghz WiFi network on both devices. Both devices will recognize the 5Ghz network and connect to the network for a second and then disconnect from it. Maybe it's because I'm a nightly ROM? Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
For what it's worth, I was having the same problem on stock, but after switching to LOS 17.1 it has mostly gone away. There might be a hardware issue with this device.

Reactions: i n f a m o u s

Letitride

FWI
You could be right. I was just at my girlfriends house and I was able to use her 5Ghz network.
FWIW, my backup OG Pixel running the 12 June sailfish nightly is doing great, clocking almost 300 Mbps on d/l and u/l over FiOS whereas my primary, Pixel 3aXL (stock rom) sometimes struggled to stay on 5Mhz band and do poorly on d/l speed.

But, my issues could "possibly" be attributed to pre-owned Fios router (Q1100) that isn't known for its consistent output, even in a smaller home/apartment/flat - easily 2 dozen devices connected wirelessly plus desktop PC, chromebook, tablets & iPads, and streaming HDTV boxes ...

Reactions: i n f a m o u s

hulkjulk

Jul 2, 2017
Is someone known, is razorloves also do the lineage 18.1 version? Or won't it be supported? I'm open to spend some coffees threw paypal. :) at this point, a big thanks to razorloves for the work at 17.1.

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
same here, official 18.0 for marlin will be highly appreciated.;)
Unfortunately VoLTE is broken without proprietary vendor blobs for custom ROMs past the officially supported Android 10. So unless you want broken / half working carrier support, I bet razorloves will stick with Android 10.. Trust me, it's not worth the time and energy spent to get VoLTE working on unsupported ROMs past the officially supported.

Be thankful for the free monthly security patches. Also you're really not missing anything much, feature wise from 10 to 11.

bjnews

thx for the information, but i didnt see the VoLTE issue for PixelExperience ROM? (i am not try PE yet, just from discussions)
Unfortunately VoLTE is broken without proprietary vendor blobs for custom ROMs past the officially supported Android 10. So unless you want broken / half working carrier support, I bet razorloves will stick with Android 10.. Trust me, it's not worth the time and energy spent to get VoLTE working on unsupported ROMs past the officially supported.

Be thankful for the free monthly security patches. Also you're really not missing anything much, feature wise from 10 to 11.

somethingsomethingroot

Nov 8, 2013
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Had to reimage recently, and had charging issues since worth asking about (that might not even be the ROM's fault).

The phone now only charges with USB-C to USB-A cables. None of my USB-C cables charge or get detected by my computer. The cables work or other devices. Was hoping it's a setting and not hardware.

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9
Just downloaded and tried to install the most recent update, August 18, 2021 and the updater errors out with "the updater keeps stopping. " Is anyone else having this problem?
i just used the updater for the newest one (aug 18) and it worked fine.
but i've heard of that happening before on other devices.
just reboot and it should fix that updater issue.
if rebooting doesn't work, then just go to settings->apps&notifications, and clear storage on the Updater app. should work then.

Top Liked Posts