[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
Well, this is a bummer. I wonder why this fact is not mentioned in the "Not working" section. I'm not trying to blame anyone, obviously, this is a free project, and I deeply respect the people who are working on it, but the statement “all bugs are fixed” is a misleading information, imo.
I guess we aren't writing it mostly because almost no device writes about such things like WFD. Indeed right now wifi display isn't a native AOSP feature like it was earlier and we need caf additions for that. So it isn't technically broken as of AOSP.

This doesn't absolutely mean that I won't try to fix this just as soon as I get time, because I will together with updating blobs from new caf 8996 releases :)

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
So is this being worked on still? I noticed nightly builds, but what are the differences? Any bugfixes on each? What's the best build to use so far?
Is this 64-bit? When I wen to download OpenGAPPS it defaults to ARM64... Thanks.

EDIT: Wow, I messed up BIG time. I ran Android P, Erfan's Pixel Rom for over a year without issues. I installed this to get microSD card because I read "no known bugs" and I have no microSD card still. Should've kept my old ROM, worked perfect.... Meh...

Last edited:

704T3X

Oct 6, 2016
hi guys. can u plz help me?? whenever i try to install a gsi rom like aosp i keep facing a boot loop. and it doesn't even matter if i try out different gsi roms, I'm gonna end up with a boot loop.
1. i am flashing system image with trebilized twrp
2. i tried installing fresh os (wiping everything then installing the system image)
3. i tried installing the rom while i had the los installed
plz help me I'm tired of hours trying
plz erfan u have any ideas? (haji mnm iranam toro khoda ye komaki kon :crying: )
AND WHAT IS THE BEST ROM FOR MOTO Z PERFORMANCE WISE?

feiks

Aug 7, 2011
EDIT: Wow, I messed up BIG time...

Yes, sir, yes, you did mess something up somewhere. I held out for first couple of months before transitioning from los 15 and have been a happy user ever since with no issues ( not even occasional random reboot. Yes, mirroring doesn't work, but this has always been the case for non nexus/google devices for every release's first year or so ).

I can't thank the devs enough for still supporting this now 3 year old device with it's dwindling user base which wasn't so big to begin with.

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Yes, sir, yes, you did mess something up somewhere. I held out for first couple of months before transitioning from los 15 and have been a happy user ever since with no issues ( not even occasional random reboot. Yes, mirroring doesn't work, but this has always been the case for non nexus/google devices for every release's first year or so ).

I can't thank the devs enough for still supporting this now 3 year old device with it's dwindling user base which wasn't so big to begin with.

What I meant was I should've stayed on ERFAN's ppp4. I haven't seen any advantage running LOS 16 yet... I would like to have a working microSD card, that's all... Don't care about Moto mods since I don't use them or would want to carry them around... :)

Last edited:

Armacedo

Jun 10, 2019
Audio messaging doesn't work for any app that I tested (Telegram, Whatsapp nor Facebook Messenger), getting back to stock rom. I'll try again once is stabler.

hacker-tobi

Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

i have a strange problem. I am running LOS 16 on Moto Z since its official release and update usually once a week without problems.
But since 9th of may i always ran into a boot loop when try to upgrade.
The system boot begins normally, it asks for decryption passphrase as usual and after that it tries to boot for apx 5 mins showing boot animation.
After that it restarts and got back into boot loader.
Only when i wipe data LOS with version after 9th of May (i have in here only the version from 16th of May) boots as normal.

What i have tried:

-run fsck on data partition from TWRP - doesnt help
-wiped cache and dalvik - doesnt help
-wiped cache, system, dalvik leaving data intact - doesnt help
-re-installed also superSU - doesnt help
-tried booting multiple times - doesnt help.
-remove Android folder on /sdcard and /external_sd from TWRP - doesnt help
-wipe data: LOS boots, but this should be last option because all the apps and settings needs to be restored (and i dont use google, so no backup in the cloud).
-tried version from 16th of may and also from 10th of june (didnt have time in the mean time) - doesnt help
-wiped everything, install LOS16 newer version, boot once (successfully until here) and then go back into recovery and restore only data - doesnt help

So there must be some change between the versions from 9th of may and 16th of may which causes the problem in combination with my data partition.

the system itself is LOS16 with superSU, no other system apps (only the ones brought with OS itself), a few root apps (Titanium Backup, File Explorer,...).
Data is encrypted and free of errors.
Recovery is TWRP.

-How i can see where the problem is?
-is it possible to see the boot progress messages, e.g. from a connected pc?
-What were the changes between 9th of May and 16th of May?
(changelog from lineageoslog doesnt go back so far)

reguards,

tobias

double-gee

Nov 29, 2014
Hallo Erfan, would it be possible to provide a zip file similar to your "encryptionfix.zip"

Why do we still need to install the encryptionfix in twrp after each update?
Can't the fix be included in the los-image itself?
New users will be overstrained when they can't decrypt on Android boot.

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Audio messaging doesn't work for any app that I tested (Telegram, Whatsapp nor Facebook Messenger), getting back to stock rom. I'll try again once is stabler.

But it's working for us :D
Can you provide logs?

Attachments

• 2019-6-14_17-7-43.jpg
    2019-6-14_17-7-43.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 391

ischninet

May 1, 2016
why has the OEM partion 0 bytes after installing lineage 16?
why can the oem partion not be mounted during phone start?
why does the phone not start, if I replace the 0 bytes oem partition with an" oem partition backup" from a previous Resurrection backup?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

After installing Lineage 16 again (and the encryption fix from erfan, the phone was able to boot again but the oem parion is back to 0 bytes and not readable during phone start
Any one any idea?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Hi 704T3X,
I had this issue as well with one device. After using the app "Bluetooth Pair" everything was back to normal

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I would give a **** about this oem partition but its the reason that I cann not do an adb backup directly to the pc. It stops when it cannot read this oem. When doing a backup to my usb stick, the problem does not occur.

joebarnickle

Jun 5, 2013
mobile network issue

In fact me and some other users have problems with mobile network (some apps can't connect proper to network) it would be nice if anybody could provide a solution.
Apart from that this rom is working perfect.

engr.lefty

Feb 8, 2017
Can someone please help with my problem? I cannot boot to twrp recovery anymore after i flashed LOS 16June 8 build. Whenever i try to go to recovery, it was only stuck at TWRP screen. I tried to reflash twrp because maybe something is wrong but didnt suceed. I attach a photo below trying to reflash twrp. Please help me, thank you

Attachments

• received_1456797294462058.png
    received_1456797294462058.png
    26 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: chwl

anyone23

Nov 11, 2014
I have installed this rom on my dad's Moto Z however now the device keeps crashing randomly every few hours. I have attached the logs I could find.

Is there anything I can do about it? It's a pretty slim system with LOS 16, su addon, open gapps pico and just a hand full of apps. The LOS version is from late May however...

Edit: Added the *ramoops logs as requested in OP.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • dmesg.txt
    205.9 KB · Views: 1
  • logcat.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
  • dmesg-ramoops-0.txt
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • console-ramoops.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    could you please send your own build?
    You can grab them @ https://builds.hermies.net/griffin They are signed with my own private keys so a wipe is necessary.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Not Working :
    • All bugs fixed

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build, (magisk) and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Battery Mod Support (no Efficiency)
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for Griffin, ROM for the Moto Z

Contributors
    erfanoabdi, dd3boh, vache, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Oreo or Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-11-24
    Last Updated 2020-04-07
    new build https://build.lolinet.com/file/lineage-16.0-20190225-UNOFFICIAL-griffin.zip
    and probably last unofficial build
    we're going for official thanks to @DD3Boh
    guys new version uploaded
    tmp mirror : https://build.lolinet.com/file/lineage-16.0-20181217-UNOFFICIAL-griffin.zip

* SELinux Enforced
    * VoLTE fixed properly
    * Kernel updates
    * Performance improvements
    * we're using moto one blobs now please test everything

and yeah it's finished, time to go for official
    Dear @erfanoabdi
    Are there any chance that Android 10 based ROMs will come for Moto Z?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Dear @erfanoabdi
    Are there any chance that Android 10 based ROMs will come for Moto Z?

yes, i'm working on it, everything almost done
    check out my (very very very) beta build here https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmwar...0-20190915.CHIPS-v3.0.0-alpha+1.COMMUNITY.zip
    I'm pretty happy to announce that, after some long waiting times, the encryption fix ha been officially merged in the 17/06/2019 build. This means that no encryption fix package needs to be flashed from now on.

Enjoy the new build, new stuff coming pretty soon :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone