Ioannina
    Lenovo P2
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
    twrp-3.3.1-chiron-20190608.img

Changelog:
    Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    mikeioannina, NeoArian
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-23
    Last Updated 2020-04-23

gaabrysz

Dec 4, 2007
    I can't seem to update to the newest nightly
    Code:
    lineage-17.1-20200424-nightly-chiron-signed.zip
    . The phone seems to be updating, (tried from within the settings and adb sideload) but when I check the updater app it says that the update is ready to install and the current version is from April 23rd.

Yea, there is something weird happening with the latest nightly. I did a clean install (factory reset,format data/system and all that stuff) and I still get April 23 as the build I have installed.

Last edited:

paradise220

Aug 15, 2012
    Code:
    . The phone seems to be updating, (tried from within the settings and adb sideload) but when I check the updater app it says that the update is ready to install and the current version is from April 23rd.

Yea, there is something weird happening with the latest nightly. I did a clean install (factory reset,format data/system and all that stuff) and I still get April 23 as the build I have installed.

Same here.

paradise220

Aug 15, 2012
    I am enjoying this rom since 20 days.My phone is without root.i am missing some features.....
    1 Auto call recording
    2 Network videocall is not working

Mihail_Russian

Nov 14, 2012
    Brasov
    Code:

Use official TWRP that seemed to fix the issue for me:)

fcaminab

Oct 22, 2007
    Madrid
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    I have version 17.1 installed, with the latest update. I installed it with the MIUI that I had with version 16.0 and the installation was with the Lineageos recovery. When I try to install Magisk, 78% doesn't follow and consequently it doesn't install.
    If I install the TWRP recovery, "I don't lose anything?"? I have to install MIUI 11 ?. ? What is the advantage of Lineage recovery over TWRP?

paradise220

Aug 15, 2012
    I have version 17.1 installed, with the latest update. I installed it with the MIUI that I had with version 16.0 and the installation was with the Lineageos recovery. When I try to install Magisk, 78% doesn't follow and consequently it doesn't install.
    If I install the TWRP recovery, "I don't lose anything?"? I have to install MIUI 11 ?. ? What is the advantage of Lineage recovery over TWRP?

Twrp recovery has all features of lineage recovery with so much extra goodies.

fcaminab

Oct 22, 2007
    Madrid
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    There will be some difference when Lineageos has prepared a recovery existing TWRP, that is my question:? What is the difference between the two recovery ?.
    I don't think Lineage bothers to prepare something if there are no differences

markwithk

Mar 22, 2014
    Did a dirty upgrade install from 16, and stuck on the boot animation.
    Then I did a wipe and install, but still stuck on the boot animation.

Anyone having the same issue?

glock24

Sep 26, 2012
    Did a dirty upgrade install from 16, and stuck on the boot animation.
    Then I did a wipe and install, but still stuck on the boot animation.

Anyone having the same issue?

Hello, I'm on the same boat. I tried dirty flashing coming from LOS 16, then wipe and install but still stuck on boot animation.

I tried using the recommended TWRP and also Orange Fox, but same result.

markwithk

Mar 22, 2014
    Hello, I'm on the same boat. I tried dirty flashing coming from LOS 16, then wipe and install but still stuck on boot animation.

I tried using the recommended TWRP and also Orange Fox, but same result.

Well, good to know I'm not alone. Did you also use the 20200426 build? I suspect the build is bad. Maybe try an earlier one?

I spent one night flashing LOS and failing, and then decided to try PE for the first time. It worked :)

Kaji

Dec 1, 2014
    Tokyo
    There will be some difference when Lineageos has prepared a recovery existing TWRP, that is my question:? What is the difference between the two recovery ?.
    I don't think Lineage bothers to prepare something if there are no differences

Very quick google search came back with this result: "Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image."

You have posted this same question in a few threads now and only received the same answer each time, sir.

TWRP works just fine for our device and includes so much extra options compared to the lineage recovery.

Why not test them both out yourself? Find one you like that suits your needs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: paradise220

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      18.1 builds are pretty stable at the moment, however there are issues with volte on sim slot 2 and missed calls on slot 1 on devices upgrading from old builds and we couldn't solve that yet. Clean installs work fine, but the whole point is to support flawless upgrades.
      I'd like to volunteer for testing LOS 18.1 on my xiaomi.
      18.1 builds are pretty stable at the moment, however there are issues with volte on sim slot 2 and missed calls on slot 1 on devices upgrading from old builds and we couldn't solve that yet. Clean installs work fine, but the whole point is to support flawless upgrades.

Firstly thanks for all your help for everything you have done for this device and LineageOS.

Would adding a "clean install only" message into the upgrade steps a workaround that could be passable?

It would be nice to be able to clean install and stay on builds signed with the lineageOS keys.

Also is there anything we can do to help you with this?
      Is there any information about when will be released LOS 18 official?
      Code:
      [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Navy"]/*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */[/COLOR]

Installation:
      If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
      If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
      As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
      Install LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
      LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
      Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
      twrp-3.3.1-chiron-20190608.img

Changelog:
      Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
      How to submit a bug report
      LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
      Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
      Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
      Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
      Official LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
      mikeioannina, NeoArian
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-23
      Last Updated 2020-04-23
      Michael promote the devices with Snapdragon 835 to LineageOS 18.1 yesterday (including chiron): https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/307437

We could get LineageOS 18.1 on a few weeks. Now are Hollydays in Europe, only need be patient.
      @mikeioannina
      Do you plan to work on lineageos 18.1 in the future or this device in done?
      There are some issues with the build boxes in the past few days, we are trying to pinpoint the source of the problem and fix it.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone