[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2

LucaDLL

Oct 6, 2019
The last update (2021-01-21) just bricked my phone, I'm not able to boot into the system. I haven't solved the problem yet, just reporting to hopefully avoid having people getting in this situation.

EDIT: solved by flashing the new OpenGApps... I'm facepalming myself, I know

Last edited:
Reactions: fcaminab

brainvision

The last update (2021-01-21) just bricked my phone, I'm not able to boot into the system. I haven't solved the problem yet, just reporting to hopefully avoid having people getting in this situation.

EDIT: solved by flashing the new OpenGApps... I'm facepalming myself, I know
same happened to me but I don't think it's normal.. I never flash gapps each time I update a ROM..

also all apps have their data but lost permissions info.. a few of them costantly crash and I had to unistall and reinstall..

LucaDLL

Oct 6, 2019
same happened to me but I don't think it's normal.. I never flash gapps each time I update a ROM..

also all apps have their data but lost permissions info.. a few of them costantly crash and I had to unistall and reinstall..
Yes same situation here, Google Play Games was one of those apps

My only hope is that I didn't break anything on my phone in the two hours I spent tinkering with it, before I remembered to try a new Gapps installation

cn.fyodor

Dec 31, 2009
Nanjing
Thank you for the great work. I have used LineageOS for years and this time for MIX2. Everything runs very well except of a small issue.

The issue is about VoLTE. I tested this function several times. When SIM card is on card slot 2 (the inner card slot), there is no VoLTE option in Network settings and I can't receive any calls (can call others though). When the card is on slot 1, VoLTE will be shown and call function rebacks to normal. I don't know if this is just a purpose of hardware design or a bug from Los.

EDIT: no stuck issue so far after updated to 2/11

Last edited:

stoshie

Feb 23, 2018
Thank you for the great work. I have used LineageOS for years and this time for MIX2. Everything runs very well except of a small issue.

The issue is about VoLTE. I tested this function several times. When SIM card is on card slot 2 (the inner card slot), there is no VoLTE option in Network settings and I can't receive any calls (can call others though). When the card is on slot 1, VoLTE will be shown and call function rebacks to normal. I don't know if this is just a purpose of hardware design or a bug from Los.

EDIT: no stuck issue so far after updated to 2/11
This is also the case with Xiaomi.eu as well. So I think its just a Xiaomi thing.

Reactions: cn.fyodor

Altair2206

Jan 22, 2016
Is anyone facing problems with sound with headphones?
When the screen is on the sound is low but almost instantly when i lock the phone and the screen turns off the volume increases a bit.
Also when connecting and disconnecting headphones the phone does not have any mic input but restarting the phone fixes this issue but happens again when connecting headphones

brainvision

Anyone else got the problem of ending up in a bootlook after installing 20210218?
Try installing gapps as well.. a few weeks ago it happened the same, you can read about that a few posts above..
In that case there were also issues with apps losing permissions (but not data) and a few unusable for me..
Did not update since then but it may be the same now..

SanHelios

Oct 19, 2015
Minden
Try installing gapps as well.. a few weeks ago it happened the same, you can read about that a few posts above..
In that case there were also issues with apps losing permissions (but not data) and a few unusable for me..
Did not update since then but it may be the same now..
You see, that's the thing that worries me, it happened before. I've been using my phone with LOS almost since i got it (spend 3 Weeks with MIUI in total), and i need to worry, if an update messes everything up or makes a flashing-rescue-party out of it. I should i do the same, ... just don't update. ;)

FOLOL2011

Jan 24, 2013
Thank you for this very good ROM

Updated without loss from lineageOS 16 :

(optional) if you installed the miui camera patch from the second post of LineageOS 16 thread remove the file /system/addon.d/69-MiuiCamera.sh

1/ Optional but safer : Titanium backup of some important apps, SMS etc... move backups to external disk
Important I think : Magisk I removed Magisk props config (modules playing with safetynet, prop values) and rebooted
2/ Important : remove all security (NONE or SWIPE)
3/ boot to Recovery
4/ I use normal TWRP (not the LineageOS TWRP)
the update also work with the excellent OrangeFox-R11.0_0-Beta-chiron.zip (unified version sar and non sar) installed before the whiole process
Flash latest global firmware : fw_chiron_miui_MIMIX2Global_V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM_0805fdbc02_9.0.zip
5/ Flash latest los 17.1 image : ( now lineage-17.1-20210218-nightly-chiron-signed.zip )
6/ Flash Opengapps arm64 android 10 (Nano or pico according to previous choice when installing lineageos 16)
7/ Optional : flash Magisk-v22.0.zip ( magisk apk renamed to zip )
8/ Wipe cache dalvik and reboot system
9/ Enjoy and put your security fingerprint/pin/pattern back

camera, mic, gps : all OK
You may need to uninstall/reinstall some google apps like Maps because of some crashes/weird bugs

Last edited:

fcaminab

Oct 22, 2007
Madrid
Code:
[COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/COLOR]
Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
Install LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
twrp-3.3.1-chiron-20190608.img

Changelog:
Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
How to submit a bug report
LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
Official LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
mikeioannina, NeoArian
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Nightly

Created 2020-04-23
Last Updated 2020-04-23

fcaminab

Oct 22, 2007
Madrid
I was using version 17.1, working perfectly and in the last update when trying to open Wear it opened it but it was blank (for me it is essential because without it the smartwatch does not work). I reinstalled it again and it was the same, I installed the original Xiaomi version and it worked; I re-installed Lineageos and Wear suggested you without working.
After many tests I have installed CrDroid and it works, but I would like to go back to Lineageos. Any suggestions? Thanks