[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2

Search This thread

aaaa12345

Feb 23, 2009
That's really sad... i wonder why it's like that, no support by community or software-related-issues (kernel, devicetree, whatever unreleased)...
I am very happy with this device for over 3 years now, i think mikeioannina did a fenomenal job. Lets hope this device will be supported going forward, but as one can assume, developers have priorities and time constrains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete.13

tOz666

Mar 22, 2010
Valencia
There's a repo with 18.1 version, just no official release yet... and it has it's share of bugs of course.
But if you want to try it there's a Telegram channel with an unofficial release. Just search for mix2development on Telegram

aaaa12345

Feb 23, 2009
There's a repo with 18.1 version, just no official release yet... and it has it's share of bugs of course.
But if you want to try it there's a Telegram channel with an unofficial release. Just search for mix2development on Telegram
They are low quality releases that will never go official, the only reliable source of lineageos and possibly the best custom rom is the one developed by mikeioannina.

tOz666

Mar 22, 2010
Valencia
They are low quality releases that will never go official, the only reliable source of lineageos and possibly the best custom rom is the one developed by mikeioannina.
The unofficial releases I talk about come from the official lineageos repo, which at the moment defaults to the lineage-18.1 branch:

There's no official release yet but that's no reason for it to become official someday. All official releases come from this very same repository, and in the past all development for a new release, started there, until it became official and flashable zip files started to be built and released on the LOS download page.

Reactions: SanHelios

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
The April 8 Update for LinageOS 17.1 boots the Phone into TWRP and does nothing.

you can reboot out of TWRP but the update is not flashed.

the quallity of MIX2 updates seams to be getting worse and wors in the last year :/

Pete.13

Dec 30, 2013
I have had no problems with the April 8 update although I use the recommended LineageOS recovery.

Sounds like it's a problem with TWRP and not the update

+DS_DV+

Mar 25, 2018
18.1 builds are pretty stable at the moment, however there are issues with volte on sim slot 2 and missed calls on slot 1 on devices upgrading from old builds and we couldn't solve that yet. Clean installs work fine, but the whole point is to support flawless upgrades.

Clean Install is nessesarry either way if you want gapps correct?

Since swithcing from opengapps (17.1) to mindthegapps (18.1)

Pete.13

Dec 30, 2013
18.1 builds are pretty stable at the moment, however there are issues with volte on sim slot 2 and missed calls on slot 1 on devices upgrading from old builds and we couldn't solve that yet. Clean installs work fine, but the whole point is to support flawless upgrades.

Firstly thanks for all your help for everything you have done for this device and LineageOS.

Would adding a "clean install only" message into the upgrade steps a workaround that could be passable?

It would be nice to be able to clean install and stay on builds signed with the lineageOS keys.

Also is there anything we can do to help you with this?

Reactions: markwithk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Michael promote the devices with Snapdragon 835 to LineageOS 18.1 yesterday (including chiron): https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/307437

We could get LineageOS 18.1 on a few weeks. Now are Hollydays in Europe, only need be patient.
    That's really sad... i wonder why it's like that, no support by community or software-related-issues (kernel, devicetree, whatever unreleased)...
    I am very happy with this device for over 3 years now, i think mikeioannina did a fenomenal job. Lets hope this device will be supported going forward, but as one can assume, developers have priorities and time constrains.
    The unofficial releases I talk about come from the official lineageos repo, which at the moment defaults to the lineage-18.1 branch:

There's no official release yet but that's no reason for it to become official someday. All official releases come from this very same repository, and in the past all development for a new release, started there, until it became official and flashable zip files started to be built and released on the LOS download page.
    I'd like to volunteer for testing LOS 18.1 on my xiaomi.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on chiron

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
    twrp-3.3.1-chiron-20190608.img

Changelog:
    Changes for chiron

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 17.1 for Mi MIX 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    mikeioannina, NeoArian
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V11.0.6.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-23
    Last Updated 2020-04-23
    Michael promote the devices with Snapdragon 835 to LineageOS 18.1 yesterday (including chiron): https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/307437

We could get LineageOS 18.1 on a few weeks. Now are Hollydays in Europe, only need be patient.
    @mikeioannina
    Do you plan to work on lineageos 18.1 in the future or this device in done?
    There are some issues with the build boxes in the past few days, we are trying to pinpoint the source of the problem and fix it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone