[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for P2

Search This thread

kocapomak

Apr 26, 2020
Thanks! Will that be the way forward for new updates, or do we reckon the issue will be fixed in future updates? I can miss a couple updates if needed ....

I am not a developer. I do not know. There were those who tried unoffical boot.img. I tried the backup of offical boot.img and it worked.
As a precaution, I store my 25 October boot partition backup in my flash memory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201127-144117_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20201127-144117_Chrome.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Reactions: USRF_Sledge

cocopipou

Jul 24, 2016
Gembloux
I am not a developer. I do not know. There were those who tried unoffical boot.img. I tried the backup of offical boot.img and it worked.
As a precaution, I store my 25 October boot partition backup in my flash memory.

You are right.
I did the same but on a little different manner.
I extracted the boot.img file from the rom dated 2010-10-25 and saved it on my SD card.
After flashling a new build, I flash the saved boot.img before rebooting my phone.

As is has already been said, you are'nt obliged to flash every new update.
Have a look at the changelog and you will see if something is intresting for you.

Reactions: kocapomak
Sep 26, 2020
You are right.
I did the same but on a little different manner.
I extracted the boot.img file from the rom dated 2010-10-25 and saved it on my SD card.
After flashling a new build, I flash the saved boot.img before rebooting my phone.

As is has already been said, you are'nt obliged to flash every new update.
Have a look at the changelog and you will see if something is intresting for you.
Can u share your boot.img with us please

geek.x86

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah but it stops responding after some time and then i have to restart it every time.
Is there any permanent fix
In my case it happened just once. After the reboot I have not faced the problem again until now. Is it recurring with your device? By the way, I have installed Nov 22 update. Try updating your device, if you have not done so already.

Kielbek

Nov 29, 2012
But that links to another thread, and then links to OTA update zip file that I already knew.

What I was talking about, that there's no fastboot ROM version S251 available for download.

If you're not on stock S251 or S255(?) then what are you using? Custom? If unlocked already then go straight for flashing, if not - just do OTA before unlocking.

mahmutpekkara

Jun 13, 2014
Ah, okay.

It seems that the P2a42_S251_171107_ROW fastboot ROM isn't available for download (I've searched, and found none).

Is it only available as OTA update?

Yes, normally it is only available as OTA update but iirc there should be update.zip package for that on xda but cant find now. Just do ota update and you are ready to flash los.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
If you're not on stock S251 or S255(?) then what are you using? Custom? If unlocked already then go straight for flashing, if not - just do OTA before unlocking.

Yes, normally it is only available as OTA update but iirc there should be update.zip package for that on xda but cant find now. Just do ota update and you are ready to flash los.

The device is not mine, and it's already on S251 (stock ROM OTA updated, BL is still locked), I was just confirming, because I would like to have S251 fastboot ROM as a backup, but it's not a problem if the S251 fastboot ROM isn't available, after unlocking the BL, I can just make image backup of all partitions using dd command.

Kielbek

Nov 29, 2012
The device is not mine, and it's already on S251 (stock ROM OTA updated, BL is still locked), I was just confirming, because I would like to have S251 fastboot ROM as a backup, but it's not a problem if the S251 fastboot ROM isn't available, after unlocking the BL, I can just make image backup of all partitions using dd command.

If it's updated already, go on. You can flash back previous versions, like S233 (MM) if something will go wrong and OTA it back to S251 or S255. I've got S233 fastboot as a recovery solution too. Didn't have to use it but did similiar thing on Lenovo K6 some time ago. To be honest, I don't think there was Nougat fastboot ROM. I might be wrong though.
After unlocking, just make TWRP backup of stock with all of the partitions ticked. just in case in case owner of the device will want to go back or will delete radio or something else by mistake. I heard that some people didn't do that and had some problems making signal reception work again. It's probably only not so foolproof thing sadly in this phone.

Off-top: this new forum seems to be a garbage. Posts are mixed up.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
If it's updated already, go on. You can flash back previous versions, like S233 (MM) if something will go wrong and OTA it back to S251 or S255. I've got S233 fastboot as a recovery solution too. Didn't have to use it but did similiar thing on Lenovo K6 some time ago. To be honest, I don't think there was Nougat fastboot ROM. I might be wrong though.
After unlocking, just make TWRP backup of stock with all of the partitions ticked. just in case in case owner of the device will want to go back or will delete radio or something else by mistake. I heard that some people didn't do that and had some problems making signal reception work again. It's probably only not so foolproof thing sadly in this phone.
There's S244 (Nougat) fastboot ROM.

Regarding backing up partitions, I can do it using dd commands from TWRP terminal.

Off-top: this new forum seems to be a garbage. Posts are mixed up.
It seems better now.

Kielbek

Nov 29, 2012
There's S244 (Nougat) fastboot ROM.

Even better. I don't think it'll be needed tho.

Regarding backing up partitions, I can do it using dd commands from TWRP terminal.

Of course you can, but why? I mean, if you're gonna be already using TWRP, which detects EFS, then there's no point in using dd alone. Unless you want to backup this particular one, just to be sure, and have TWRP-independent backup of it (which I think is a good idea). For backing up whole bunch of partitions you're already gonna be using powerful tool which simplifies this for you and using dd is just unnecessary work in such scenario IMO. But it's up to you. You seem to know what are you doing and it's a solution too.
Anyway, you're good to go with that S244 and as long as you backup EFS, no way you'll break something. You would had to be a moron at this point. And if you would like to be fully independent from OTA servers when restoring phone, it was possible to capture HTTP request and get direct link to OTA zip which can be flashed from stock recovery. It was discussed somewhere, I'm not sure if this was XDA tho. If you're familliar with Wireshark, you can go straight up this way.

It seems better now.

It is, finally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to bang on about Ogg but it's a key functionality for me with 1,000s of files encoded in it. It worked before updating to 4/4/21
    What's the overall principle with updates and upgrades? Wouldn't the aim be to leave the previous version (17.1) as stable and mature as possible while inevitably moving on?

I'm not a phone wizard and it took a huge amount of time (and stress - twice being left with semi-bricked phone for several days) to get 17.1 stable and updating successfully. I really don't want to have to jump early, possibly with similar stress and feel like a beta tester for 18.1 just to play music.

Apologies if it has been fixed. But I've gone through the history as best I can. It updates line by line very slowly. And perhaps what I'm looking for is worded in a way I won't recognise. Currently on 4/4/21.

Really appreciate the work that goes into this btw and feel a bit uncomfortable even asking for stuff. :confused:
    While I'm here I'll mention a couple of issues which may or may not be Lineage but didn't happen before updating to 4/4.
    - Phone restarting while playing BBC Sounds app. Happened about 4 times now.
    - Sainsbury's SmartShop app locking up. Happened three times.
    I'll update soon and report back after using for a while.
    kuntao 17.1 tree has not been touched since September 23, 2020 so I don't really see how ogg playback broke for you only on 4/4/21 build, plus vorbis offload has been broken since lineage-16.0. The fix is this https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/5cf902996056ae240e70759b307dfc1000f4d436 which you can probably apply manually if you modify your vendor file on device

The real problem here is that I have limited time. I maintain 8 devices now and kuntao is the oldest one and the one with most issues, so maintaining 2 versions at a time is pretty much impossible. I've been working on getting 18.1 into shape since September and found other issues while doing it (for example the ogg fix). Finding specific patches to pick back to 17.1 would require even more time, plus there is nobody really actively helping me with kuntao on lineage anymore. There is nobody contributing any patches for kuntao on lineage except me. Looks like every other single rom that exists is using different device trees and kernel and nobody is interested in contributing to lineage trees.

Let's not forget this is all a hobby project and opensource for everyone to contribute. Last stock update was android 7.0 and we got lineage 14.1, 15.1, 16.0, 17.1, 18.1
    WhatsApp issues detected in latest builds.when you turn on speaker phone hang and reboots.also tried with fresh installation.and for this bug I also tried los18.1 unofficial and found same bug in that ROM also.finaly to check whether this not hardware related I reverted to android 7 stock and having no bug of WhatsApp.
    important to mention that on los17.1 and and los18.1 whatsapp badly crashing with speaker on and also reconnecting issues no sound and delayed sound and closes or phone rebooted.
    any one have same problem?
    Thanks Mike. I do totally appreciate what you do and tried to express that in my post. Maybe something else is playing up regarding this issue as it behaves differently at different times. But when you said it was fixed in 18.1 I inferred that it was known to be broken.

I'll work around it and make a donation. Respect and thanks again.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on kuntao

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
    twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img
    Using official TWRP is not supported

Changelog:
    Changes for kuntao

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 17.1 for P2, ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    mikeioannina
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any version of stock 6.0. Recommended: P2a42_S251_171107_ROW
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2020-04-23
    Last Updated 2020-04-23
    I finally made some progress, this took a long time of debugging...
    Screenshot_20210111-055518_Settings.png
    First build should be up tomorrow, let's hope everything goes well.
    There has been no progress in the audio issue, mostly because I can't reproduce it reliably. I've been running builds for 1+ week and didn't manage to get the bug. I've merged some patches that should fix fingerprint crashing on devices with broken or semi broken hardware, which should save some battery (untested). I've also merged some commits that should improve the dark camera preview issues, also not very well tested.
    I have disabled builds temporarily because I can't figure out this issue.
    Also it looks like a similar issue is present on 16.0 https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1679 which means I have to look even deeper :/