[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for P2

Saniddds

Feb 17, 2020
Initially I had 3 fingerprints for almost 3 years now.
A week ago, fingerprint sensor stopped working. I couldn't delete fingerprints either. I left it and used pin unlock for a week.
Yesterday I again opened fps in settings and tried to register a fingerprint, it started working again magically.
I registered 2 fingerprints now and using. But the previous 3 I am unable to delete.

P.S- Running 24 jan build without root, nano gapps.

Bro how can i install witout computer because my phone is already rooted but now i dont have compu

JUST READ THE FIRST MESSAGE..

AFAIK, no it doesnt support but i'm not sure.
Bro how can i install without computer LineageOS 17. ?? because right now i don't have access any pc.. my phone is already rooted but now i dont have computer..

gh0st85

Jan 3, 2017
Antwerpen
Can somebody upload the apk or zip of the default file manager? Accidentaly deleted it and don't have access to SAF anymore...
Edit for reference:
I found the DocumentsUI.apk in the s251 firmware (google drive link on this forum, 1.75 GB) and copied it into /system/priv-app/DocumentsUI/

Last edited:

mahmutpekkara

Jun 13, 2014
Bro how can i install witout computer because my phone is already rooted but now i dont have compu

Bro how can i install without computer LineageOS 17. ?? because right now i don't have access any pc.. my phone is already rooted but now i dont have computer..
If you already installed twrp, yes you can install. If you did not, no. You need a pc.

Getramen

Oct 20, 2019
I am having problems when trying to update the version. It stays on the boot screen and then jumps to twrp. It may be caused by what. I am using TWRP 3.5.0. I used the recommended twrp version( twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img ), but the result is still the same.

Last edited:

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.0, magisk rooted, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2021-02-14 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic ROM, thanks a lot Mike.
Looking forward for los18!

0101chaitanya

Feb 6, 2018
I found a bug . When I remove the cable while the tethering is on whithout turning off the usb tethering option , my phone reboots .

I'm on 14/02/2021 los17 build . With magisk 21.4 installed , only module in use in systemless hosts . Not using any custom kernel . Twrp 3.5 .This tends to happen when usb debugging is on otherwise it occurs rarely

geek.x86

Jun 23, 2018
Guys, I have 2 queries mentioned below:

1. Can we install Viper audio mod in this ROM?
2. When can we expect stable Android 11 version?

Please address these for me. Thanks in advance.
1. Yes, you can.
2. As for the ETA, please understand that Mike has other projects as well. But he's still supporting our beloved P2. Isn't that great? So, let's wait patiently. :)

Getramen

Oct 20, 2019
I am having problems when trying to update the version. It stays on the boot screen and then jumps to twrp. It may be caused by what. I am using TWRP 3.5.0. I used the recommended twrp version( twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img ), but the result is still the same.
Does anyone know the solution to the problem?

der3k

Feb 20, 2021
May I ask if somebody has problems with the battery? I lose like 10% during the night and I don't know if it is a software problem or if it's the battery. I have to recharge every 36 hours - way more often than a year ago.

gh0st85

Jan 3, 2017
Antwerpen
May I ask if somebody has problems with the battery? I lose like 10% during the night and I don't know if it is a software problem or if it's the battery. I have to recharge every 36 hours - way more often than a year ago.
It is a known problem with the software, turning airplane mode on sometimes helps.

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
Hi der3k
As gh0st85 has already said there is a well known battery drain in Lineage OS 17.1 vs Lineage 16.0.
Have a look at the posts from this link:

Reactions: Bipo

en666

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo p2c72, twrp 3.5.0, magisk rooted, ext4 partitions, pin unlocked, updated to 2021-02-21 with the updater app. Everything smooth. Fantastic ROM, thanks a lot Mike.
Looking forward for los18!

gh0st85

Jan 3, 2017
Antwerpen
Greetings,

I’m new here and first I like to thanks to the nice community and developers for their great work to keep our old phones working with new software releases. This great work is very much appreciated by all of us that benefit from it.

I just upgraded the lineage OS 17.1 (17Jan2021) from 16.0, on my Lenovo P2 and it works great.

Looking for new settings to save battery I found that the FMRadio app has permisions to acces the location, microphone, storage and telephone and all these permisions can not be changed. These changes are on Lineage 17.1 and also on Lineage 18.1.
It says that “Device requires this permissions to operate”

On lineage 16.0 for FMRadio app were no such permisions required and worked OK without any issues.

Why the FMRadio app require such permissions and why the permissions can not be changed/declined like for others apps installed default on the phone?

For example the Contacts and Calendar apps can be disabled but FMRadio can not be dissabled !
This might cause issues on the future releases as a third party app with such permisions can broke the Lineage OS.

see link below and screenshot from lineage 17.1

FMRadio: Add privapp permissions xml - (commit on 6 May - 2020 for 17.1 and the same now for 18.1)

View attachment 5200803

Many thanks
You seem to be right! I removed FMRadio, did a full charge and waited until 25% drained, battery use went from around 11 hours screen usage to almost 12 and time to last charge from around 17 hours to 30 hours ago!

Rooted with magisk and used com.smartpack.packagemanager to remove.

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
You seem to be right! I removed FMRadio, did a full charge and waited until 25% drained, battery use went from around 11 hours screen usage to almost 12 and time to last charge from around 17 hours to 30 hours ago!

Rooted with magisk and used com.smartpack.packagemanager to remove.
I think that the FMRadio app scans all the time for local fm radio stations (beeing active in the background and having such high level permissions) and such causes a high discharge of the battery, even when phone is not in use - overnight drain.

Maybe it's worth asking our developer mikeioannina to do an unofficial test release on Lineage 17.1 or Lineage 18 without FMRadiio app included in this unofficial build... and see if it make a difference in battery life.

The fewer apps are included in the Lineage OS release the system will be lean and clean and run much faster and better than oem releases with tens off usless and overlapping apps.

Reactions: Bipo

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
Also I think someone should open a bug report, since it seems he doesnt care about bugs reported on the forums. No offense.

EDIT: Im gonna post an unofficial build without FM radio, if I can figure out how to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cara7mel

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
Also I think someone should open a bug report, since it seems he doesnt care about bugs reported on the forums. No offense.

EDIT: Im gonna post an unofficial build without FM radio, if I can figure out how to do that.
If it is of any help have a look at my post #1075, on page 54 on this forum - from 27 Jan, with this link to the github repo where the FMRadio app permissions were changed:

It might help to remove / disable the FMRadio app.
Thanks for your time and dedication to get the best of P2!