• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL][Stable] Mokee OS for Lenovo P2

Search This thread

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
Any one give feedback for those subjects??

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Call recording is unsupported as Android doesn't have it right now due to some unknown reason.

Alarm after switch off works as it reboots phone at designated time but it can have issues as after restarting; phone reverts back to time and date of the current build installed. Hence, alarm won't work as intended after switch off unless Wi-Fi or data is on. Alarm will also not work if you have assigned password on boot. In short; keep your phone switched on with bedtime mode so it won't disturb you during night and alarm you when you want.

Last edited:

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
After reboot still cant record video.
And sometime video cant play in other applications like whatsapp, facebook, youtube instagram ,just freeze

Sorry bro; no such problem witnessed in Whatsapp, youtube and instagram. In fact, I resort to youtube for entertainment most of the time. You should clear cache of youtube and restart it to see if that works. I have vanced youtube installed. I don't use facebook so cannot comment on that.

Please, quote data partition type of your phone. Is it ext4 or f2fs?

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
After night, having wifi and data on, when I leave house I constantly lose data. Then couple of times I have to change data between sim 1 and 2. Then I have to restart phone couple of times and then data for sim 1 is back.
Hi friend, I've been using dual SIM for more than 24 hours with data, Bluetooth and WiFi on and I switched SIM for data to test the bug you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Are you still having it?

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
Hi friend, I've been using dual SIM for more than 24 hours with data, Bluetooth and WiFi on and I switched SIM for data to test the bug you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Are you still having it?
I noticed some kind of pattern, it occures after update. I had it just while ago. I had to leave data on, on sim2 then reset and then switch on data on sim1 and its ok. Little bit annoying but I think I just be updating lets say, one a month. I havent encountered this between updates.

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo P2a42 przy użyciu Tapatalka

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
I noticed some kind of pattern, it occures after update. I had it just while ago. I had to leave data on, on sim2 then reset and then switch on data on sim1 and its ok. Little bit annoying but I think I just be updating lets say, one a month. I havent encountered this between updates.

Ok. Then, I'll have to update now :laugh: I would have updated today but due to back to back meetings; I couldn't do that. In fact, I didn't think about updating for last few days. I certainly don't need to fix it if it is not broken :cool:

facing issue while playing audio files - files played with no sound randomly
i tried many nightly builds with the same issue
also the battery drain is good with decent SOT but slightly lower than other roms
enough with this rom, i think I'll move back to AEX

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds
also the battery drain is good with decent SOT but slightly lower than other roms
Mokee 9 works flawlessly and is still being updated.

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
I have been using Mokee 100 since release and I don't have this sound issue in any of the nightlies from day one. It seems that this issue is because of choosing ext4 as data partition. Because, I had issues while installing Mokee when I had ext4 partition then I switched back to f2fs and since then, there are no issues. Another problem could be the TWRP version you use. I would suggest latest TWRP or at least 3.3.1-1.
Mokee 9 works flawlessly and is still being updated.
I would agree that Mokee 90 is very good option considering that Android 9 development is stopped by other devs and Mokee is still updating its latest security patches :good:

I have been using Mokee 100 since release and I don't have this sound issue in any of the nightlies from day one. It seems that this issue is because of choosing ext4 as data partition. Because, I had issues while installing Mokee when I had ext4 partition then I switched back to f2fs and since then, there are no issues. Another problem could be the TWRP version you use. I would suggest latest TWRP or at least 3.3.1-1.

I already use the latest TWRP with F2FS data partition
the problem i face is when using any app that play audio files ( like music player ) it plays files without any sound
the issue doesn't appear all the time and it happens totally random
sometimes it happen with the first file, sometimes at the middle of a playlist
and the fix is also random, some times the sound plays after leaving the app running between 10-30 seconds, and sometimes i need to reload the app several times

mahmutpekkara

Jun 13, 2014
Lenovo P2
If you have sound/video problems, install magisk and install viper4android fx., it will be fixed. I had the same issue on both LOS 17.1 and MOKEE 10.0.

Last edited:

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
Two times I tried blaze max kernel, both 3.0 and 3.4. Both times I ended up with no sound across the rom and yt video slow playback. I am on ext 4. I had to update today as updating removes blaze max

Oct 2, 2016
I get ads in the Mokee Center app. Is it normal if I stop trusting the ROM altogether?

I'm going to try Adguard DNS, if that doesn't block the ads then I'm going to switch ROMs... unless that's a bug in the ROM, which I would be happy to help squash it.

Last edited:

Pawlash

Jun 22, 2019
Safetynet doesn't pass on magisk, or without it. ROM would be excellent and smooth without this bug. I can't use google pay :C

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
Everything is perfect. Safety pass is ok. I use Gpay. Magisk 20.4. Screenshot_20200930-173547.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not the developer and this is not my work. I am just sharing this ROM here with reference to real developers' website.

Another good news for Lenovo P2 owners that another Android 10 based ROM is available which is completely stable and can be used as your daily driver.

Mokee OS is developed and sourced by a team based in China. MoKee is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). It has additional localised and personalised functionality while preserving the stock Android look by adhering to Material Design guidelines.

Important Features:
    • A few advancements over Lineage OS
    • Customization for Gesture navigation bar
    • Quick settings tile columns count
    • FP gestures along with Gesture navigation bar
    • Built in Lawnchair launcher v2
    • Enhanced open source Gallery with advanced features
    • Customized clock app for one-handed use
    • Light weight open source Calendar with Google sync ability
    • FM Radio
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Extended/ long Screenshot
    • Edge long swipe action and more ;)

Developer Wesbite: Website is written in Chinese language. If you don't know Chinese language then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser to translate the page.
    Download Link: Mokee OS MK100 for Lenovo P2 aka Kuntao
    Recommended GApps: ARM64 Nano or Micro GApps by OpenGApps
    Recommended Recovery: TWRP 3.4.0

Enjoy the Mokee!
    Solution for Device not certified issue.
    Fully Compatible GCam 7.4 by Parrot
    Enjoying new features but Facing battery drain issues?
    Android 10 has been the most versatile Android hence, it came with all kinds of goodies such as new features, performance improvement, better permissions and security settings.
    Please, don't complain that battery life is not as good as Android 9 because, Android 9 was NOT as good as Android 10.

Overnight battery drain issue has been fixed. If you are still facing it then you can try following methods to improve battery life (I will update it if there is a better strategy):
    # Install blazemax kernel 3.4 and Magisk for root. Install a kernel manager app. Select "elementalx" governor for CPU and "balanced" governor for GPU. Enable "IntelliPlug" from CPU Hotplug and that's it.

Following are optional:
    # Use Pure Black theme rather than light or grey
    # Disable "Device personalisation services" from settings
    # Disable "Find my device" from security settings
    # Disable printing services from system settings
    # Disable "Battery Manager" from system battery settings (optional)
    # Freezing "Digital Wellbeing" may also help (optional)

More Tips for Improved Performance and Enhanced Battery
    We install plenty of apps in our mobile phones to use for various reasons which may require us to use those apps regularly or when it's needed on random days a month. Some of apps are needed to work in background such as social networking apps. Whereas, gaming apps are needed to work only when needed. Other breed is known as bloatware which are not used by us but are part of system app partition. Gaming, infotainment and bloatware apps shouldn't be working in the background as they not only use battery but also use our data for ads and such. So, these apps should be disabled when not in use.

We need to have knowledge of all such apps and their relevant categories because this information will result in snappier performance of our phones along with good battery life by following the below mentioned trick.
    You will need:
    1. Titanium backup app
    2. AirFrozen

Detail is given below:
    1. Titanium backup app is one of the veteran apps which is good for backing up your app data so you can resume from where you left in previous ROM or phone. It's made for rooted phone users. It can be used for disabling the unwanted apps by using freeze command. I recommend that you should freeze bloatware which you don't use at all. But be very careful while disabling system apps. You can download this app from Google Play Store. But if you don't want to backup your apps then no need to install it. Just go for next app.

2. AirFrozen app is for people who have such apps which are not needed to work in background but are needed to be installed. Such apps include gaming and infotainment apps etc. By using AirFrozen; you can easily freeze/disable an app and can still open frozen app for use with couple of touches. This way the app gives you few major advantages; disabling the app which prevents background processing, data and battery usage and unwanted notifications. Secondly, frozen app is hidden from sight yet ready to open upon couple of taps. I don't want my son to know that I have battle royale game installed in my phone. Hence, I've frozen COD in AirFrozen. Few other infotainment apps and Titanium backup are also frozen in AirFrozen. Give this app a try and you will love it. You can download AirFrozen from Play store.
    Ok guys, results are in. After calibrating the battery from 75% to shutting down; I charged my phone up to 92%. And after using it restlessly for a day. I've drained it to 15% consuming 77% of battery with a SOT of 10 hours. This counts to only 7.7% battery consumption with screen on which calculates to almost 13 hours SOT on a full charge (real number will be around 10 hours though under normal usage). I conclude that on average, you'll get battery of up to 2 days on a single charge with this OS.

I used my phone with WiFi switched on and occasional mobile data. Graphic intensive game COD was played for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I enabled scheduling of workqueues through kernel manager which may have worked as well. However, I didn't change CPU settings as it was working with default speeds and governor, interactive. Upon tweaking CPU, I might have gotten even better results :cool:

Disabling Battery Manager in system settings results in better deep sleep results.
    Install Magisk 20.4, enable Magisk hide from Magisk settings. Now check SafetyNet in Magisk. If cts profile and basic integrity are true then clear data of play store. Close play store manually from overview and reopen it. Device will be certified.
    Here are screenshots from my P2 for reference.

Didn't know my device is not certified until @Kenks reported it.

I just followed your steps and now it's certified :good:
    Overnight battery drain has been fixed as I saw only 1% overnight drop in last two nights. Please, see post #2 if you're still facing battery drain.