[ROM][10-Q][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the LG V20 variants

megamorphg

May 28, 2012
Orange County, California
Hey so I just flashed my LG v20 H918 with LineageOS 17.1 ( lineage-17.1-20210107-nightly-h918-signed.zip ), with Magisk and the Gamma Kernel. I was previously on OTA 7.1.

Now, my phone won't lock when I flip the cover shut, or wake when I open it. I'm using the 3rd party "officially sanctioned" flip cover with I think a magnet in it.

The motion sensor works (with apps that do that), however I use my hand to do it, not the flip cover.

So this means I'll flip the cover shut and the phone will stay unlocked, responding to touch inputs, when I really don't want it to. Or not wake when I flip it open. This functionality I had in the OTA 7.1 ROM (rooted or unrooted), and I really love it.

What is needed to get this going? Do I need to do something? Or does this need to get backed into a build?

My attempts to google-fu this topic has not gone anywhere productive I'm afraid. It looks like I may be the first person asking this. :( Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Did it work fine on stock? I recently got my H918 to work fine on 17.1 with fingerprint sensors and things. Don't have a flip case to test with since my mom took it (will be back in 2 weeks).
Try what I did:
1. Flash latest TWRP 3.5 and reboot to recovery
2. Wipe everything except External SD. Format
3. Flash following in chain: H91810u > Permissiver_v5.zip > LOS 17.1 > GAPPS (optional) > Permissiver_v5.zip

SeongGino

Mar 21, 2012
Jersey City
3. Flash following in chain: H91810u > Permissiver_v5.zip > LOS 17.1 > GAPPS (optional) > Permissiver_v5.zip
I keep seeing mentions of Permissiver, but is it really necessary? And for that matter, a lot of stuff about progressively installing/updating LOS from 15.1 through to 17.1 seems... awfully aggressive.

Not that it matters a whole lot for me - my only goal was to use the V20 exclusively as a budget-DAP - but out of curiosity I tried my sensor and it wasn't recognizing any fingerprints. I think this was because I was previously using a Stock 20h-based system.
What I did was clear out everything (except I/E-storage), flash Super Rom (based on H918-10p), clear Cache/Data, and dirty flash Lineage 17.1 and all its associated packages (including Gamma, dunno if that matters) over that. Even after a few power cycles and a full chargeup, my current fingerprint works like a snap and I can still register a new one without issue.

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
Anyone have any ideas about the flip case for the v20 on LineageOS 17.1? :( I seem to be the only person on the planet talking about it, even though it's an advertised feature for the device.

AlexOD42

Aug 22, 2017
H990DS user here running official 17.1. I seem to get occasional SoC modem crashes. It's hard to replicate reliably, but seems to happen when moving between bands. Generally, although voice/data work ok, it's often erratically switching bands with poor reception.

I'm interested to know what modem firmware everyone is using? I originally flashed H990N10b_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_1017.kdz in order to root and have now read out the modem partition using dd. It has a timestamp of 2016-10-17 15:09:30 which matches 10b. What's really weird is that cracking open the KDZ gives 10e. I'm beginning to wonder if the files don't match their names on lg-firmwares.com!

Anyway, would some kind person be able to share their recommended modem firmware for Lineage?

Thanks!

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
[QUOTE = "POPAREZ, сообщение: 84326427, участник: 11404893"]
Есть ли способ сделать так, чтобы изображение на втором экране не отображалось?
[/ QUOTE]
For developers - Cut-out on the screen - Hide.

AlexOD42

Aug 22, 2017
I'll answer my own question on the modem firmware in case it helps others!

Firstly, it seems the extracted DZ filenames don't match the KDZ filenames. The version timestamps do match so this seems something to ignore.

Using LG_Firmware_Extract_v1.2.6.1, I've extracted just the modem binary from H990N10q_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_1215 and flashed this manually using fastboot flash modem filename. So far, I haven't had a SoC crash - fingers crossed!

TLDR - if you originally downgraded your H990N to 10b in order to get root before installing Lineage, try flashing the modem from 10q afterwards for maximum stability.

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
Upgraded to LineageOS nightly from Jan 21 and it broke the Exchange Services on my device for accounts that require admin control. Like, completely unusable. Unsure if I should roll back or not, but many attempts to try and fix it (clearing cache, removing each account individually, etc) have not turned up success.

The only Exchange ActiveSync account I can add is one that does not require admin control. So this is appears completely broken for corporate E-Mail at this time (at least in my sample size of one).

Argh :/

sajadzarepour

Oct 20, 2017
Upgraded to LineageOS nightly from Jan 21 and it broke the Exchange Services on my device for accounts that require admin control. Like, completely unusable. Unsure if I should roll back or not, but many attempts to try and fix it (clearing cache, removing each account individually, etc) have not turned up success.

The only Exchange ActiveSync account I can add is one that does not require admin control. So this is appears completely broken for corporate E-Mail at this time (at least in my sample size of one).

Argh :/
Do you also have trouble recognizing fingerprints in locked apps? build20210117 and 20210121 have this problem but build 20210110 Not.

thchipmunk

Jul 3, 2013
Anderson
www.jonnichols.info
I'm experiencing an issue that I believe started two updates ago, but not exactly sure, sorry.

My vibration has just stopped. I checked all of the settings I could find related to vibration and it seems to be enabled but the vibrator just doesn't run. I tried clearing cache and nothing. I've searched the forums and have not found anything that was helpful.

Any help is appreciated!

DonVasaschi

Sep 8, 2013
Installed lineage 17.1 official over the weekend and have been testing out the various features and settings and so far it's been fantastic. My only issue with it was that the camera quality 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾but I solved it by installing a third party camera (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.5) and now I'm quite content (even though I don't take much pictures).
My next issue is IR Blaster, I'm not sure if it's a custom rom thing but mine doesn't work tried using Sure remote and Universal Galaxy remote but no dice. Can one of the dev explain to me if it's that because I'm on custom rom i won't get the privilege of using my ir blaster or is it only specific to Lineage os, or if there's something that I should have done or flashed or a setting that I must enable in developer options.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep lineage and somehow be able to use my ir blaster even if it's by way of using a mod.

mehsme

Jun 16, 2020
I'm experiencing an issue that I believe started two updates ago, but not exactly sure, sorry.

My vibration has just stopped. I checked all of the settings I could find related to vibration and it seems to be enabled but the vibrator just doesn't run. I tried clearing cache and nothing. I've searched the forums and have not found anything that was helpful.

Any help is appreciated!
Could be possible your vibration motor is dead, not unheard of, especially when "dirtysanta" causes forever vibration on boot. I had it happen on my spare.

My next issue is IR Blaster, I'm not sure if it's a custom rom thing but mine doesn't work tried using Sure remote and Universal Galaxy remote but no dice. Can one of the dev explain to me if it's that because I'm on custom rom i won't get the privilege of using my ir blaster or is it only specific to Lineage os, or if there's something that I should have done or flashed or a setting that I must enable in developer options.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep lineage and somehow be able to use my ir blaster even if it's by way of using a mod.
I can only get the IR blaster to consistently work if I use/flash gamma kernel after updating. Unsure what's missing from LOS kernels.

Reactions: DonVasaschi

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
Okay Exchange Services is also unreliable now for a mailbox I use without admin requirements. I'm not going to update to "nightlies" (weeklies?) as frequent any more. Really hope the next update fixes it, or I'm just going to wipe and roll back. I really thought in 2021 we would have stopped breaking Exchange Services, but I guess not... ARGH

DonVasaschi

Sep 8, 2013
Could be possible your vibration motor is dead, not unheard of, especially when "dirtysanta" causes forever vibration on boot. I had it happen on my spare.

I can only get the IR blaster to consistently work if I use/flash gamma kernel after updating. Unsure what's missing from LOS kernels.
What version of gamma kernel are you using along with what ir blaster app?